2017 CS US International Classic Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Ladies SP

Leonardo

Final Flight
Mirai got full credit for her 3A. It was at least ur, but I'm happy for her, 3A should be encouraged, it's such a beautiful and rare jump, not to mention it takes a lot of courage and technique.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kaori's score seems ridiculously low for me. She had a fall but other elements looked great in real time. I want some justice for Kaori

I don't disagree. I like her more than Marin whom I just don't get. Her skating screams junior; I don't get the PCS.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Yesss, rotated 3A (it looked UR for me live but whatever, get it)! Wow, PCS judging was rather cold, not that I'm complaining after Lombardia lol. No Level 4 StSq in Top 5.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I don't disagree. I like her more than Marin whom I just don't get. Her skating screams junior; I don't get the PCS.

Marin's personality and style may be on the younger side, but her skating is not junior - she has deep edges and great skating skills.

Happy she did well here but ready to see a new program from her. Wish she would've kept her new SP and developed it further, but hope the new one is just as good if not better.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Karen's dress and hair, sbhadbsjadbsad. That sassy Ina Bauer gets me everytime also I'm always here for not 2 seconds spirals :agree:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Marin is not helped by her hair and costume in this program. TBH I don't have a huge problem with the dress, but putting her hair in pigtails with pink scrunchies? A simple bun would give her a much more mature look.

Other than that, Marin gave my favorite performance alongside Karen. And I'm loving what being the US champion is bringing out in Karen!

I also liked Kaori, but based on the protocols it looks like she struggled with two of her spins and lost levels, which took a big hit on her TES.

Finally, MAJOR :clapper: to Mirai for rotating and landing a TRIPLE AXEL! Keep fighting, girl.

andromache

Record Breaker
GAHHHHH Karen needs to STOP URing her 3-3. It's her money combo. So beautiful and huge and so many points. NO MORE URS. Someone with jumps this big should NOT UR!

ETA: Okay I just watched Karen's performance and HOLY COW. She is a tour de force. This program is a ride from start to finish. She's FIERCE as heck! Even with the UR 3-3 and the hand down on the loop, just, wow. As far as skating and selling a QUALITY SP, Karen is #1 in the world right now. Also one of the best spinners in the world.

I need to make dinner now. Will cozy up to watch everyone else later.

BackSpiral

Rinkside
That was enjoyable! Karen was tremendous! Love her SP. I love Marin Honda too. She remind me of a young Mao Asada with how smooth she is on the ice.

I liked Mirai's program too and her triple axel is big! I'm glad she's going for it. Can't wait for the long programs.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Marin's personality and style may be on the younger side, but her skating is not junior - she has deep edges and great skating skills.

Happy she did well here but ready to see a new program from her. Wish she would've kept her new SP and developed it further, but hope the new one is just as good if not better.

It may sound swallow but loosing that piggytail hairstyle will help a lot

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the Olympics are making everyone nervous. They want a program that they know works. I'm fine with people repeating a program once, but Ashley repeating Moulin rouge for a THIRD season makes me a little [emoji58]

We don't know that she is. It was an unconfirmed tweet from TSL, and Ashley and her team have been silent. So they may be figuring out if LLL will work for her.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dammit, I slept in. Missed the ladies. How'd Brooklee go? I'll have to catch up later.

mrrice

Record Breaker