2017 GP Cup of China Pairs FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Pairs FS

tiantian

Rinkside
Well done Sui/Han! I guess the program will be good enough for an OGM, if they go clean in both segments. But I'm still not excited about turandot (1-beacuse it belongs to Shen & Zhao... 2-because it's another turandot program!)
If they would come to me for program advice (lol), I would suggest:
1- Keep the Hallelujah short, and turn Blues for Klook into a free program
2- Bring back Spanish Romance for the short, and for the free, go back Bridge over troubled waters (which we've only seen twice and not clean)
3- Go back to Blues for Klook short, and if you really want to play tribute to S/Z in the free, do your own rendition of their 97-98 Mount Olympus program!

:hap93:

interesting ideas!!

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Well done Sui/Han! I guess the program will be good enough for an OGM, if they go clean in both segments. But I'm still not excited about turandot (1-beacuse it belongs to Shen & Zhao... 2-because it's another turandot program!)
If they would come to me for program advice (lol), I would suggest:
1- Keep the Hallelujah short, and turn Blues for Klook into a free program
2- Bring back Spanish Romance for the short, and for the free, go back Bridge over troubled waters (which we've only seen twice and not clean)
3- Go back to Blues for Klook short, and if you really want to play tribute to S/Z in the free, do your own rendition of their 97-98 Mount Olympus program!

:hap93:

I vote for option 2! Or maybe option 4: Go back to Blues for Klook for the short, and Bridge Over Troubled Waters for the free. Then turn Hallelujah into an exhibition program.

My first comment ever! Not sure about entering this world of yours...
I have read an awful lot of posts over the years, thought of answering frequently but it all just got swept away as I wondered what I could really add. After all, why bother if not to enhance?
Most importantly, what all of the skaters do is astonishing to me.
What discourages me from commenting is wondering if anything I could possibly say could promote positivity among the conversations. Yes, I'm quite old although it means I have watched skating for over 40 years! What an incredibly beautiful sport regardless of systems and fads and so on. The difficulty and commitment is shocking. So now that I am semi retired (I love working!) I decided to finally watch all Grand Prix pairs events but, I did so after reading the comments. I was terribly anxious so step one I reminded myself of the daring of the athletes in this discipline. How do the parents watch?!
At last I came to Sui Han, not having watched since the world championships. (I always just watched in amazement, enjoying all the teams) Previous comments made me now afraid to watch! But I did so at last with an unrushed mood, yet fully expecting to be disappointed.
I have already written too much so I will say only that I felt an unparalleled unison, they are skating with that unique bond of a pair that feels they are one being yet also shining because of one another. So hard to explain. When they separated in Turandot I felt sick and when they joined again for the lift I cried. I haven't felt this intangible energy is it? Or what is it? since Gordeeva and Grinkov and Shen and Zhao. And there we come to it: comparison feels pointless. The union of each of G&G, S&Z and S&H goes far beyond excellent displays of a partnership, but as of yet I can't find the word to explain what it is.
Maybe it's my first and last post, unless I can find at last THE word!