2017 GP Internationaux de France Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Pairs SP

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Tarasova / Morosov

Super-high triple twist, and well-done sbs 3T (a little out of sync). Great flow out of the throw 3Lo with a little shaky landing. A few awkward moments near the end, though. The layback at the end of the combo spin was deficient, and they had two minor stumbles in the footwork - one from Morosov at the beginning and one midway through by Tarasova on a twizzle. But they will still claim first place just on the technique. Rachmaninov works for them well, mainly because they are not the best at emotional interpretation and have rather serious, focused faces no matter the program, and this classical piece shows off more of what they are good at - skating skills, body line, and position.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I love that they play that Celtic sounding music in the background, reminds me of T/M's Irish number two seasons ago!

MIM

Medalist
"No tension between their blades and the ice.. effortless." Tracy Wilson's comment on T/M :thumbsup:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Hold up!!! How do T/M score so much more than J/C on interpretation. They're kidding right? :scratch2:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their PCS is getting too close to S/H and that's pushing all of my buttons big time.

Me too! There are miles of difference in the interpretation for me. Sui & Han are sublime while T & M are almost oblivious that they are skating to music of great passion. I want to like T & M as they work hard and seem like a nice team who get on well with each other, but artists they are not.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If T/M were my team first of all I'd have a very bedazzled vest collection and secondly they'd be skating their long to Outlander.

I'm turning into a broken record but I hate their long program so much. :hopeless:

gold12345

Medalist
So much quality to Tarasova and Morozov. That throw triple loop is huge. It isn't the best music cut (difficult to make Rach 2 short program length), but this music suits their classic style.