2017 JGP Austria Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Short Dance

luckyguy

Match Penalty
It was an entertaining but not really exciting competition. The first five teams were good.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Since I couldn't watch the stream I'm catching up on videos from the top 5 and can I just say how I appreciate the men in Ice Dance wearing their deep V-neck shirts without illusion mesh?

(I have issues with bad illusion mesh)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She got in 2 turns on the second set before the fall, so that is right. And they hit all the key points on the Cha Cha.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The French team L/R missed a key point in both sets of the Cha Cha, and they got TW3. The US team edged them in PCS.

But how come the Russians still got L3 on the midline SS when they both fell?

chameleon

On the Ice
The French team L/R missed a key point in both sets of the Cha Cha, and they got TW3. The US team edged them in PCS.

But how come the Russians still got L3 on the midline SS when they both fell?

Again, it's not the mistake, its the requirements you hit before the mistake. The double fall came at the very end of the non touch, and so they must have gotten enough clean turns in before that.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C/P really should be dominating this field but you can't mess up your twizzles in Ice Dance since there's not the high risk elements like in singles or Pairs skating. You can fall on a jump and still win but screw up a twizzle or fall and it's over.

corynna

On the Ice
This GP didn't start out very well..so many mistakes in both Men and Dance SP.
I really like C/P, too bad for the twizzles, but they do have great speed and chemistry.
I also enjoyed the Russians K/Y and hope they will have a better FD. Not a very big fan of the French team L/R, but at least they didn't make any major mistakes.