2017 JGPF Ladies FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Ladies FS

frida80

Record Breaker
I think her 3flip was underrotated and she got penalized for that.

Hmm... so a clean 3A would’ve added another 8 points and another 3 for the flip. 192+11=203. Thats still a bronze, unless they boost her components or GOE more. What’s hurting her if her SP. 66 vs 73. She has to max out her SP more if she wants to compete with Trusova.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It is an odd choice, however. It'd be far better to do a triple jump combo and repeating the 3T instead of doing 2 3Lzs. Unless she seriously can't do two +3T combos with that layout... But in that case, is the second 3A even a smart choice? Hrm...

is it?? need to look at BV but changing 3Lz to 3T would mean she would need to add another 2A i think which would lower her BV even more :think:

russianfan

Match Penalty
was there ever a ladies figure skating competition where the whole podium has been owned by one coach? :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trusova is so smiley in the presser. She better watch out or someone is gonna pinch her cheek!

ks777

Record Breaker
With a clean 3F and a clean second 3A her BV would be 68.19 which still is below Trusova's BV despite a 4S<.

I really think she needs to rethink if this is the smart way to go.

She could do 2 3As and 2 2As if she wanted to.

There is a limit on the number of jumps you can do, right?

ks777

Record Breaker
Hmm... so a clean 3A would’ve added another 8 points and another 3 for the flip. 192+11=203. Thats still a bronze, unless they boost her components or GOE more. What’s hurting her if her SP. 66 vs 73. She has to max out her SP more if she wants to compete with Trusova.

Someone said Rika could have add another 3 toe in a combo.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a limit on the number of jumps you can do, right?

If there wasn’t Sasha would unload on the TES. She landed a 3z-3lo-3lo-1lo-3s-1lo-3s-1lo-3s all in one combination in practice today.

Grin

Medalist
Question - how are you going to improve?
Sasha - I'll add 4t and 3A
Alena - quads and skating skills (like Caro)
Nastya - high TES and expression

Shayuki

Record Breaker
is it?? need to look at BV but changing 3Lz to 3T would mean she would need to add another 2A i think which would lower her BV even more :think:
Well, that's true as well... Actually, I guess it's not even worth it. Gains 0.3 points I believe.

She'd need to add a 3Lo combo with the 3T combo for more serious gains. Then she could still repeat the 3Lz.

frida80

Record Breaker

Actually, trading the 3Lz+2T for a 2A+3T would lead to a increase of BV of .3. 3Lz+2T = 7.3 vs 2A+3T = 7.6

However, as a senior Rika would have a big advantage. She’s be able to add a 3A in her SP. Meaning she’s automatically has a 5 point BV increase.

Grin

Medalist
Another question - what is the Eteri's secret?
Sasha - we work hard, skate in a strong group and compete
Alena - we have to skate flawless, you can't make a mistake and just go for another element.
Nastya - we make more difficult elements when we train (3-3-3 and so on), it gives us confidence

ks777

Record Breaker
If there wasn’t Sasha would unload on the TES. She landed a 3z-3lo-3lo-1lo-3s-1lo-3s-1lo-3s all in one combination in practice today.

well I thought they could do 7 triples in a program if they did a 3/3 or 2/3 but I thought you could do 2 2axels... regardless.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Actually, trading the 3Lz+2T for a 2A+3T would lead to a increase of BV of .3. 3Lz+2T = 7.3 vs 2A+3T = 7.6

However, as a senior Rika would have a big advantage. She’s be able to add a 3A in her SP. Meaning she’s automatically has a 5 point BV increase.

If, on the other hand, she could change 3Lz+2T and 3Lo into 3Lz+3Lo and 2A, she'd gain 2 whole points in BV.

well I thought they could do 7 triples in a program if they did a 3/3 or 2/3 but I thought you could do 2 2axels... regardless.

You can do 2 2Axels...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

ok, change it to 3Lz2Lo then :biggrin:

ks777

Record Breaker
If, on the other hand, she could change 3Lz+2T and 3Lo into 3Lz+3Lo and 2A, she'd gain 2 whole points in BV.

You can do 2 2Axels...

but she did 3axels(one was popped) so she is not allowed to do a 2 axel on top of it, right?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
but she did 3axels(one was popped) so she is not allowed to do a 2 axel on top of it, right?

She can add 2 2As because it was popped into a 1A instead of 2A. You can do 2 triples and 2 doubles. People do it with Ts all the time.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Here are the requirements for the FS
http://usfigureskating.org/content/2015-16 Singles FS Chart v1 final.pdf

JUMP ELEMENTS

*means element is required

Max 7 Jump Elements

• 1 must be an Axel-type jump*

• Jumps can contain any number of revolutions of all the triples or quads, only 2 can be executed twice

•If both executions (of the same triple or quad) are as solo jumps, the second of these jumps will receive 70% of its original base value
o No double jump, including double Axel, can be included more than twice in total as solo jump or part of a combination/sequence

• Max 3 jump combinations or sequences
o Combinations limited to 2 jumps
o One 3-jump combination is permitted
o Number of jumps in a sequence is not limited

If she lands two triple axels then she can only repeat one other triple. If she pops one of the triple axels then she can add another triple later. It gets confusing though and she needs to be careful.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Eteri has 25 students atm (prepare yourself :laugh:)

Hmm...
3 senior ladies: Zhenya, Polina, Alina.
5 junior ladies: Sasha, Alena, Nastya, Dasha, Anna.
1 senior man: Moris
5 junior men: Alexey, Egor, Nika, Artem, Ilya

That's 14. Wow, 11 more.

Who else? I think I remember Diana Guseva, Sofia Akatieva. So if I have those right, then still 9.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Hmm...
3 senior ladies: Zhenya, Polina, Alina.
5 junior ladies: Sasha, Alena, Nastya, Dasha, Anna.
1 senior man: Moris
5 junior men: Alexey, Egor, Nika, Artem, Ilya

That's 14. Wow, 11 more.

Who else? I think I remember Diana Guseva, Sofia Akatieva. So if I have those right, then still 9.

I remember someone said she has a plan A, plan B, plan C. Well, i think she probably has plan A, plan B, plan C, plan D, ..., plan X, plan Y, plan Z :laugh: