2017 JPG Croatia Cup Mens FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Croatia Cup Mens FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... alexei will win this but i just don't like how roughly he skates... he will need to get smoother and glide better to earn my :love:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Kinda feeling optimistic for US men; there's Vincent who's making his senior debut(please don't break yourself), Alexei(who's not my cup of tea but no doubt he's got some jumps in him!), and Andrew(who I'm convinced is patrick's natural successor, complete with SS and 3A woes).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Alexei is a great competitor! He fought for everything. He definitely has work to do in the presentation, but I can see improvements. Congrats on your second JGPF!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Alexei loop combos are so laboured, he should take notes from Alina Zagitova.

Overall good for him that he won, he fought for that the 4lo.

Well done Makar, bronze medal but he won the FS: let's hope it will be enough for the finals.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I haven't felt this pleased about a men's jgp event since yokohama last season(we should hold a jgp in japan every season as far as I'm concerned). Those scores! Such a contrast to brisbane, LOL.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Well, I think Alexei is the best jumper and IF he can learn to skate with the deeper edges like Joseph, he'll be a serious threat. I only saw the final 4 skaters but they were all great. The future looks bright for Men's skating.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LMAO at the sword.

I think his PCS are still too high...but well done, Alexei

totally... you have young skaters here who have better skating skills and have better quality over all in transitions and interpretation.... yet he scores just as high as the top skaters... shows you what BV does to the sport... same thing everywhere.... oh well... in the current system, this win is expected and fair I would say if we look at competitions in general... but in my system, he would be 3rd today LOL ;)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I haven't felt this pleased about a men's jgp event since yokohama last season(we should hold a jgp in japan every season as far as I'm concerned). Those scores! Such a contrast to brisbane, LOL.

I was expecting this to be honest.

Brisbane's scores were insanely low in general. (a combo of strict judges + first competition)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aww, I like him. Love his attitude in the interview, especially talking about watching Joseph.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well, I think Alexei is the best jumper and he can learn to skate with the deeper edges like Joseph, he'll be a serious threat. I only saw the final 4 skaters but they were all great. The future looks bright for Men's skating.

i am not sure... the best jumpers to me are the ones who have great air position and super nice smooth landings... Makar is one of them... Joseph had textbook jumps today though he missed his 4t....

What Alexei has for him is guts and power... he is a fighter as well... the 3f-3l even if it was UR at the end of the program required a lot of strength to pull off... i think that's where he makes his points...on the jumps, but I wouldn't say it's because he is a great jumper... more like a fighter...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
i am not sure... the best jumpers to me are the ones who have great air position and super nice smooth landings... Makar is one of them... Joseph had textbook jumps today though he missed his 4t....

What Alexei has for him is guts and power... he is a fighter as well... the 3f-3l even if it was UR at the end of the program required a lot of strength to pull off... i think that's where he makes his points...on the jumps, but I wouldn't say it's because he is a great jumper... more like a fighter...

Alexei's 3A is definitely among the best, even among the senior men. That's going to make a big difference when he goes up in seniors.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Alexei's 3A is definitely among the best, even among the senior men. That's going to make a big difference when he goes up in seniors.

his 3a is stable but i wouldn't say it has the same air position and quality landing as the top senior men.

nowadays anyways, 3axels are a basic jump... if he muscles his jumps the way he does now, he will not be able to do clean and high quality quads. This being said, with juniors, I am patient and looking forward to seeing how he develops.

ETA : especially when allowed to do 2 quads in a SP... .

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Canadian flag used for the medal ceremony looks strange; the maple leaf is too small, and its stem is a bit crooked.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Does Mitsuki qualify for the final, or do we not know yet?
edit: nevermind, he's 4th overall, not 3rd. probably no final.

shmay

On the Ice
Krasnozhon seems to have great sportsmanship, which is admirable...but I don't see much improvement in his edge quality. This was even more evident due to the fact that he skated immediately after Joseph Phan

mrrice

Record Breaker
Krasnozhon seems to have great sportsmanship, which is admirable...but I don't see much improvement in his edge quality. This was even more evident due to the fact that he skated immediately after Joseph Phan

Exactly. I think if Joseph had landed that opening quad, he might have won this event. Did Joseph win in components? He really has a mature style for being a Junior.