2017 JPG Croatia Cup Mens FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 JPG Croatia Cup Mens FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Exactly. I think if Joseph had landed that opening quad, he might have won this event. Did Joseph win in components? He really has a mature style for being a Junior.

Yes he got the highest components in the competition.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Just finished watching Joseph since I missed him and Alexei and he's lovely! Such great quality to his skating, gorgeous and easy looking jumps, great extension. Loved him!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Alexei belongs a bit on my list of wild jumpers whose style I'm not sure I particularly like (Samarin is another one of those). But, good heavens, that he could even attach a 3Lo to that super leaning forward 3Lz!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Sooo the current qualification standings for the gpf:

Alexei Krasnozhon 30 pts (qualified)
Mitsuki Sumoto 24 pts
Makar Ignatov 24 pts
Joseph Phan 22 pts
Roman Savosin 22 pts

-------------------------

Alexei Erokhov 15 pts
Camden Pulkinen 15 pts
Andrew Torgashev 13 pts
Luc Economides 13 pts
Igor Efimchuk 11 pts
Tomoki Hiwatashi 11 pts

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Alexei belongs a bit on my list of wild jumpers whose style I'm not sure I particularly like (Samarin is another one of those). But, good heavens, that he could even attach a 3Lo to that super leaning forward 3Lz!

It was under and negative GOE, honestly i think he could have opted for the 3T considering it gives you the time to reload.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
By scores Makar should be higher than Mitsuki. Or 1+4 places are better than 2+3, and this give invisible advantage?

According to ISU

"There are seven tie-breakers in cases of a tie in overall points:
1. Highest placement at an event. If a skater placed 1st and 3rd, the tiebreaker is the 1st place, and that beats a skater who placed 2nd in both events.
2. Highest combined total scores in both events. If a skater earned 200 points at one event and 250 at a second, that skater would win in the second tie-break over a skater who earned 200 points at one event and 150 at another.
3. Participated in two events.
4. Highest combined scores in the free skating/free dancing portion of both events.
5. Highest individual score in the free skating/free dancing portion from one event.
6. Highest combined scores in the short program/short dance of both events.
7. Highest number of total participants at the events.
8. If there is still a tie, it is considered unbreakable and the tied skaters all advance to the Junior Grand Prix Final."

http://static.isu.org/media/515695/jgp2017-18_announcement_final.pdf

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
It was under and negative GOE, honestly i think he could have opted for the 3T considering it gives you the time to reload.

Yeah, but just the fact he thought of going for it is mad. :laugh:

mrrice

Record Breaker
But by only half a point. This is where some of us get abit discouraged.

I think Alexei could use a new choreographer. I don't know who he has currently but, when he's not jumping, his posture needs work and his program is very..."arm heavy". Joseph OTOH, uses his entire body to express his gestures and that's why I enjoyed him more than Alexei today.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, when I "defend" a jumper, it's time to listen up:laugh2:

Alexei is certainly rough. He can't really spin, and we all know how much I love me some great spins. I am afraid that new choreo isn't going to help his posture, he just needs better skating skills. I believe his choreographer is Scott Brown, who has done good work with other skaters (including Andrew T., can you imagine two more different skaters?

But I can't help it, I grin every time I see Alexei take the ice. He has power and vigor and real emotion. If I'm watching a jumper, I would rather see someone who wants to be out there, who is giving it his all, and you wonder how the heck did he ever land that one, than neurosurgical precision.

And if you think his skating is rough now, hoo boy, two years ago:biggrin: So I also love how Alexei has improved, wants to improve, and works on his deficits.

Congrats Alex K. on qualifying for the final!:cheer:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ok, when I "defend" a jumper, it's time to listen up:laugh2:

Alexei is certainly rough. He can't really spin, and we all know how much I love me some great spins. I am afraid that new choreo isn't going to help his posture, he just needs better skating skills. I believe his choreographer is Scott Brown, who has done good work with other skaters (including Andrew T., can you imagine two more different skaters?

But I can't help it, I grin every time I see Alexei take the ice. He has power and vigor and real emotion. If I'm watching a jumper, I would rather see someone who wants to be out there, who is giving it his all, and you wonder how the heck did he ever land that one, than neurosurgical precision.

And if you think his skating is rough now, hoo boy, two years ago:biggrin: So I also love how Alexei has improved, wants to improve, and works on his deficits.

Congrats Alex K. on qualifying for the final!:cheer:

I listened ;)

I think that what you are telling us more than often, is not that you don't like quadsters and that you prefer by far artistic skaters... (hi Toller and Jason!!!!) if that were true, you may like Patrick (which you have told me you don't like) or admire a guy like young Jo here....

I think that what you are telling us it that you just have your favourite skaters... and that' is FINE, perfectly fine...

Alexei is rough. He is not really a jumper in my books. He is a power skater who uses his strength to get up in the air... He has a good and solid 3a which at this level means money. But his toe pick jumps are messy... His landings are rough. His 4loop is more than often < Once senior, we will see what happens in the SP, if he can only rely on one < quad, a good 3axel and (does he have a second quad????, in combo????)

I am not trying to disparage Alexei. He earned his wins fair and square both times... and I do have fun watching him as well. It's refreshing to see a guy like this in the sport. Big boy... Rough but exciting to watch.

however, what you are telling us is not that you are behind a jumper for once ;) you are just liking him for his guts and desire to compete and that's fine and valid! You are definitely entitled to like whomever you want. And honestly, the more skaters one likes and/or can appreciate, the more that fan is a fan of skating rather than just a fan of a few personalities...

But yeah... I am not buying it ;) your new love for quadboys :laugh2::roll5:
:handw::ghug:

PS ... this is just supposed to be funny... making sure i used enough emoji in case my late night friday cleaning the house humour while pickling veggies doesn't transfer LOL