2017 Nebelhorn Free Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 Nebelhorn Free Dance

lady_bee

Medalist
who blocked you?

they did very well.. best i have seen them skate.. (not like i have seen every one of their performances though)

They were great!!!

Thank you 4everchan & Chapis;)
Now I checked the video, and I think that's their best performance I've seen so far.
(I think I've seen most of their performances which are available on YouTube.)

Daily motion has been working strangely for me. I was able to watch live stream yesterday and the day before yesterday using Hola, but not today.
Thank you all of them who actively posted during the competition:thank:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sorry I had to miss the competition but sleep is sorta kinda important for my sanity (plus I struggle to pay attention when I'm tired)

Final tally of Olympic qualification spots turned out as follows. 6 spots were available after Denmark returned theirs to the pool. Those above the line qualified, those below are reserves. I will update the Olympic Spots thread momentarily.

Great Britain
Japan
Germany
South Korea
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Belarus
Hungary
Latvia
Azerbaijan
Estonia
Australia
Sweden

ETA: Olympic Spots thread is now up to date!

Astrid56

Final Flight
Penny/Nick's FD looks very exciting though a little too busy (it's evident they are still just going through the motions _ not appropriately emotionally involved yet) - typical of Dean's work. I can't wait to see the other C/B's FD (Chock and Bates). Torvill and Dean had skated to it in the past so I've liked to see how Dean has tweaked his interpretation of the music to make it imaginably competitive - Olympic worthy (they performed it as a showpiece).

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Reposting my post from the Edge about Mansour's citizenship status.

I was also interested in this subject, and the news are quite negative. - https://oh.idnes.cz/cortney-mansouro...4_zoh-2018_tof

It's a Czech article, but is contains crucial infomation - Mansour doesn't have the citizenship yet.

Ice dancing pair Courtney Mansour and Michal Češka earned a spot for Czech Republic for the Olympics in Pchjongchchang at the qualifying competition at Obersdorf. The Czech team placed fifth thanks to good free dance and they safely placed in the qualifying Top six for South Korea. In order to perform at the Olympics, Mansour has to earn Czech citizenship, which she doesn't have yet. (...)

Now they have to wait whether they will manage to get Czech citizenship with the help of the Czech lawyers, which they have been trying to get for more than a year. (...)

'This administration process is still going on', replied the Czech Figure Skating federation to the question of ČTK (Czech press company)

And since Mansour and Češka are not training in Czech Republic but with Shpilband, and Courtney isn't able to speak Czech, I highly doubt she will get the citizenship.

Czech Republic has another ice dance pair, Nicole Kuzmichová and Alexandr Sinicin, but they are still competiting in juniors and mainly, Nicole was born in Canada so I doubt she has the Czech citizenship. They also don't train in Czech Republic so I guess Czech Republic may have to give up the spot. What's even worse in that case Reed and Ambrucelivius from Lithuania would get the spot, but Reed doesn't have the citizenship either. Then there is the Azerbajidian pair where neither of the pair is from Azerbaidian and then the Finnish, Törn and Partanen.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Penny/Nick's FD looks very exciting though a little too busy (it's evident they are still just going through the motions _ not appropriately emotionally involved yet) - typical of Dean's work.

Well see what a difference there is when Christopher Dean isn't being all cookie cutter.

As far as I know, Christopher Dean was not announced as doing the choreography for Coomes & Buckland's FD. The early announcement said that Coomes & Buckland were doing the choreography themselves. Though on FSU, someone said they weren't listed as choreographers, but that Penny's relative--the same man who did Hurricanes & Butterflies--was listed. So the FD might be him? I did check Wikipedia just now and Dean is only listed for the short program. I haven't read every updated Coomes & Buckland article, though, so let me know if they have announced that Dean did work on the FD.

Dean did choreographed C&B's SD and Manta & Johnson's FD.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't believe the story that Russians can't afford to train in North America! Almost All these teams train in North America. If you want the best in ice dance you go to North America and it's not too expensive for any other country in Europe!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Reposting my post from the Edge about Mansour's citizenship status.

I was also interested in this subject, and the news are quite negative. - https://oh.idnes.cz/cortney-mansouro...4_zoh-2018_tof

It's a Czech article, but is contains crucial infomation - Mansour doesn't have the citizenship yet.

Ice dancing pair Courtney Mansour and Michal Češka earned a spot for Czech Republic for the Olympics in Pchjongchchang at the qualifying competition at Obersdorf. The Czech team placed fifth thanks to good free dance and they safely placed in the qualifying Top six for South Korea. In order to perform at the Olympics, Mansour has to earn Czech citizenship, which she doesn't have yet. (...)

Now they have to wait whether they will manage to get Czech citizenship with the help of the Czech lawyers, which they have been trying to get for more than a year. (...)

'This administration process is still going on', replied the Czech Figure Skating federation to the question of ČTK (Czech press company)

And since Mansour and Češka are not training in Czech Republic but with Shpilband, and Courtney isn't able to speak Czech, I highly doubt she will get the citizenship.

Czech Republic has another ice dance pair, Nicole Kuzmichová and Alexandr Sinicin, but they are still competiting in juniors and mainly, Nicole was born in Canada so I doubt she has the Czech citizenship. They also don't train in Czech Republic so I guess Czech Republic may have to give up the spot. What's even worse in that case Reed and Ambrucelivius from Lithuania would get the spot, but Reed doesn't have the citizenship either. Then there is the Azerbajidian pair where neither of the pair is from Azerbaidian and then the Finnish, Törn and Partanen.

According to a poster on FSU, Kuzmichova received Czech citizenship in December 2016. Same poster says Courtney is working on hers.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Watching the videos that I missed because I was sleeping, and Min/Gamelin's reactions to qualifying. So excited.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
As far as I know, Christopher Dean was not announced as doing the choreography for Coomes & Buckland's FD. The early announcement said that Coomes & Buckland were doing the choreography themselves. Though on FSU, someone said they weren't listed as choreographers, but that Penny's relative--the same man who did Hurricanes & Butterflies--was listed. So the FD might be him? I did check Wikipedia just now and Dean is only listed for the short program. I haven't read every updated Coomes & Buckland article, though, so let me know if they have announced that Dean did work on the FD.

Dean did choreographed C&B's SD and Manta & Johnson's FD.

Dean also choreographed P/C's SD and also the Free Program of Savchenko/Massot - busy man indeed! And in Oberstdorf he was always available for a selfie though ;-) joke aside: Chris Dean is the official team manager for the British teams. It is very clever to put an Olympic chamion at the helm. I wish the German skating association would be so clever.....