2017 Nebelhorn Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Nebelhorn Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
forgot to say hi hi:)

i m having a night cap.... then some more cleaning and bed... wakeup time is 6.5 hours... so i am not planning to watch a lot of skating tonight... (330am here) but looking at the score... wow... anyone in the top 10 has a shot at qualifying... except for the Canadians ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
At this rate the War Horse Stable will be empty very quickly...

Well it's 1992 with G/B, but they do have better basics. Not much else to say really.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ha and another Caberet too :laugh:

But this one had a bit of Oliver in the middle.

Have to say, when the first song started, I was thinking "What sort of a song is this?!" So, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't turn out to be one of those weird routines.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Stream death.

You know, there's really good camerawork here at this event, but whoever is responsible for the stream should be flailed.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
My biggest problem with this was it wasn't trashy and kitschy ENOUGH.

But better this than another bland feeeeling goooooood program.

It wasn't kitschy in this funny way that should be. It was kitschy as T/M's program in pairs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Stream death.

You know, there's really good camerawork here at this event, but whoever is responsible for the stream should be flailed.

honestly... i have been watching jgp + nebelhorn at the same time and reading the news and emailing lol... no issues for me :) maybe your connection is slow?

nimi

Medalist
I wonder why they chose such a fast & percussive last piece. There was no way they could keep up with the pace and energy of the music.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gruzdev's 'shirt/coat' should be about 4-5 inches longer to be more authentic.

Again, it's a you need to work on the basics time.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I'm confused by the first lift.

Was Artur trying to lift Viktoria above his head, but aborted it? Or did he actually mean to only lift her up to his waist?

One of the better Indian-themed routines we have had recently. At least they didn't do the seemingly obligatory hand movements that have been getting more and more cringeworthy every time we see them.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cause it's in the "normal" Ireland and not in the Northern Ireland? (no offence to people from Northern Ireland)

Yep.

This island is full of contradictions like that!

Don't worry, I'm not offended anyway. Because I know that we aren't "normal" here! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
OK, I'm confused by the first lift.

Was Artur trying to lift Viktoria above his head, but aborted it? Or did he actually mean to only lift her up to his waist?

One of the better Indian-themed routines we have had recently. At least they didn't do the seemingly obligatory hand movements that have been getting more and more cringeworthy every time we see them.

CaroLiza_fan

To the waist, but he had a very uhm uncertain edge. The way his skates were vibrating on the ice, I was getting a bit nervous.

The hand movements are actually very intrinsic to Indian dance. The problem is more that unlike Meryl Davis, who worked with an actual Indian dancer, most skaters are just throwing the gestures in randomly, so they look stupid.