2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It was nice to read you comments, folks:) Now I'm off to :bed: Good night!

gold12345

Medalist
Me too. My favorite moment of the night was seeing Tim's control on the throw 3F. He doesn't throw himself and I think he might not have even left the ice. It reminded me a bit of Grinkov.

Honestly, I don't consider not putting a lot of "oomph" into a throw to be a good thing. The Chinese pair guys, Morgan Cipres, etc, practically fling themselves into the throw with the girl, but it makes for a much bigger throw. But in any event, Cain/LeDuc have come a long way on the throw 3F, which looked very difficult for them in their earlier Sr Bs.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
She had total knee reconstruction on her landing leg. But I think she had rotation issues with it even before then.

yes, she did have issues with it before, I've watched their earlier programs. She should go to a technical coach to help her get it right. They have so much potential. Strong on lifts, throw landings (the distance she gets is amazing), and throw twists. She just needs to land that salchow. He struggles with the salchow too, but he's stronger on this jump than she is....

skatemouse

On the Ice
US Pairs never disappoints. Cain/Leduc was slightly gifted in PCS though. Their speed and choreography isn't the best.
They have to inflate the scores somewhere. All the other countries do so we have to as well. s/K have a great chance for a bye to Worlds On another forum site it was put out with numbers etc and man Internationally they have it. SO we'll see after long but if placements stay they deserve the bye. Two strong teams the US deserves to go. That said D/F and K/O are both fighting teams I don't see them staying down for long and C/L struggle most in the long they are still new so keeping all elements in a full long to top shape is very hard. It will be interesting to be sure!

andromache

Record Breaker
They have to inflate the scores somewhere. All the other countries do so we have to as well. s/K have a great chance for a bye to Worlds On another forum site it was put out with numbers etc and man Internationally they have it. SO we'll see after long but if placements stay they deserve the bye. Two strong teams the US deserves to go. That said D/F and K/O are both fighting teams I don't see them staying down for long and C/L struggle most in the long they are still new so keeping all elements in a full long to top shape is very hard. It will be interesting to be sure!

IMO, it'd be better for 2018 if S/K aren't given a bye and have to fight it out with two other hungry teams with Worlds experience at Nationals. It'll make them all better (ideally). And that's assuming that Ashley/Tim and Haven/Brandon stay top 2 - both teams have potential. K/O and C/T and S/B....much less potential. I'd replace any of them with S/K. Even my darlings C/T. I've finally lost all faith in them.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Honestly, I don't consider not putting a lot of "oomph" into a throw to be a good thing. The Chinese pair guys, Morgan Cipres, etc, practically fling themselves into the throw with the girl, but it makes for a much bigger throw. But in any event, Cain/LeDuc have come a long way on the throw 3F, which looked very difficult for them in their earlier Sr Bs.
Yes a trick for a new team with a girl that can jump on her own is to let her do the jump on her own. Why S/K huge throw flip is so jaw dropping he throws her high she is strong enough to do it and it cover a lot of ice. Their throw he is barely moving on purpose so she can jump on her own because she can do the jump on her own. It is something new teams do but Internationally it is nailed. It takes time she will get more umph later as they work on it more but some teams rely on the im throwing but not throwing tech as a type of cheat. However she did a nice one and she is really strong.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Stellato and Bartholomay! Halleluja! :party2:

Wasn't Stellato amazing? I can't believe she was away from competition for over 13 years and just started as a pair skater less than half year! Bartholomay was a great supporting partner as well. This is super exciting.

skatemouse

On the Ice
IMO, it'd be better for 2018 if S/K aren't given a bye and have to fight it out with two other hungry teams with Worlds experience at Nationals. It'll make them all better (ideally). And that's assuming that Ashley/Tim and Haven/Brandon stay top 2 - both teams have potential. K/O and C/T and S/B....much less potential. I'd replace any of them with S/K. Even my darlings C/T. I've finally lost all faith in them.
I disagree before the oly games and if they are well which is an IF they should go they need to be there before the Olympics and looking at tonight we need them. Experience is over rated at World Championships save that for Challenge skates. Send the best of the best. It is S/K and the number back it up. So as John C said these teams I and he said are fighting it out for first place. So they have to be extra good. AS S/K did one year when D/C got a bye to Worlds and they were the alternates placing second at Nationals. So it makes sense it would be them. Anyway today was interesting. These teams are fighters and it makes for a great Sat! Don't loose faith but none of them can beat S/K Internationally sorry. C/L are too new they don't have the clout yet and the other teams are struggling. Let's see after FS but that is my guess. It is a fight for first place. C/L are beatable the judges made sure to leave them space to get beat. It will be interesting!

skatemouse

On the Ice
Wasn't Stellato amazing? I can't believe she was away from competition for over 13 years and just started as a pair skater less than half year! Bartholomay was a great supporting partner as well. This is super exciting.

She is a baddass!!