2018-19 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

Nika09

On the Ice
Pairs was and still is the most comparable fair and right judged of all disciplines...add this to the fact that i think pair competitor are very brave and fierce...yes this's my favourite discipline!

Vanessa and Morgan are GPF champions! You were flawless guys!!
I'm super happy for Pemg/Jin too. And congrats Tarasova/Morosov!!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I have no idea how you did this! Did you manage to get much sleep?

Hmm, about 3 hours, I think. Let's see, celebrated Junhwan's medal, caught up on Golden Spin, dozed a bit, woke up for the junior ladies... About 3-4 hours. The things I do for love.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I wish I could say that all the shrieking at then end of J/C was me alone. I sure as heck tried. But the whole audience went nuts for them. SO GOOD. Moment of the whole event for sure. Good God, Vanessa and Morgan are like the punctuation point on how You Can Do Anything if you just will it hard enough.

What a dream event, for me at least. I'd have been just as happy if Peng/Jin won too, and I'm so happy they went clean across both programs. Judges, it's time for a PCS boost for them!

gold12345

Medalist
I wish I could say that all the shrieking at then end of J/C was me alone. I sure as heck tried. But the whole audience went nuts for them. SO GOOD. Moment of the whole event for sure. Good God, Vanessa and Morgan are like the punctuation point on how You Can Do Anything if you just will it hard enough.

What a dream event, for me at least. I'd have been just as happy if Peng/Jin won too, and I'm so happy they went clean across both programs. Judges, it's time for a PCS boost for them!

Peng/Jin scored 141 with an intentional 2S, and had bigger PCS than Tarasova/Morozov. They're already getting very big GOE and PCS. That was a big personal best for them, I don't know how much more you could expect. And they were only behind James/Cipres by 3 points, who clearly deserved to win even with the wobbly short program.They were incredible tonight. The +3s on that pitched forward throw 3S were a bit out of hand, but they killed the rest. When Vanessa was up in that star lift I was like, wow. And the throw 3F was so much better than their SP one. That LP is beautiful, modern, and just shows them off so well.

I watched junior pairs on purpose just so I could put that out of my mind for the seniors. I was cringing for the first two pairs. It was so hard not to think about Ashley's terrible fall!

I did the same. I still can't believe I saw a skater unconscious on the ice yesterday. But sadly, I wasn't shocked by the fall. She is so tall for pairs that it's just riskier for her to do this than girls who are more appropriately sized for the discipline. I don't normally worry at all when pairs do lifts, but that team sometimes puts me on edge.

frida80

Record Breaker
Hmm, about 3 hours, I think. Let's see, celebrated Junhwan's medal, caught up on Golden Spin, dozed a bit, woke up for the junior ladies... About 3-4 hours. The things I do for love.
Same. I caught up on some sleep between ladies at GS. I'm so geared up after pairs. It feels GS was days ago. Yikes!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
J/C.. That Performance!! the very best Christmas present I could ever have!!!!!!
Congratulations!! :yahoo::eeking::love:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I saw a scores and I thought, wow, J/C must have skated great! I watched, but honestly, I don't understand some of GOE they got. And in what universe their SS are better than T/M? I'm not saying they didn't skate the best Free out of all Pairs, but they were overscored.

Extremely proud of Peng/Jin! If not for that pop, they might've won even :drama: :love:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Is Morozov injured, does anyone know? If he is I feel bad about what I wrote yesterday ... he looks as if he's in pain imo. They didn't do the quad twist.

J/C and P/J were both great. Z/E made too many mistakes, but the potential is there.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Just think. They have a junior Grand Prix, A Grand Prix and the Grand Prix Final. Three times with dealing with bad ice, disco podiums, video flags, and non-medals. Not looking forward to this.
Well, the only good thing about it is that the Grand Prix Final will be in my time zone and I will be able to watch it comfortably instead of waking up at 4 am for three days in the row, hahaha. I feel so drained and tired, and tomorrow’s Monday!

mysticice

Rinkside
I really like J/C's entry to their 3S. It makes the jump element look like a pair's element instead of two single's elements.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that the highlights of the Pairs FS will be starting on British Eurosport 2 in a few minutes.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 2 highlights on the Player (starts at 5m 30s. Highlights of Free Dance at start. LIVE coverage of Gala at 1h 08m 25s):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...ix-final/8043aed3-bf93-4989-bc05-8f0c176360fb

This will be followed by LIVE coverage of the Gala in an hour.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan