2018-19 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Almost got the entire prediction right, but I'm SO glad I'm wrong for once. I could've never imagined a silver for Peng/Jin. From not making the Olympics FS... and the PCS too. RISE, PCS, RISE. Such a great ending to a GPF. Looking forward to Chinese Nats.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It just occurred to me that France might have the Dance and Pair world champions this year. That is a bit of a head trip. Nice for the French though.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I’m just so delighted for P/J! The second most pleasant surprise of the night, after the junior ladies :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
And that's a wrap. Thank guys so much for the company, I found it personally way better than competition itself at places. 3 consecutive days/nights of getting up at 4 AM or not sleeping at all. Time to upload videos and do Pairs scoring for predictions game...

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very happy with the placements! J/C killed it, as did P/J.

Surprised to see the two Russian teams stumble!

le01

Rinkside
Is it a new rule that all pairs have same jumps in free program now? (single salchow & toe loop combination)

frida80

Record Breaker
Remember everyone. Next year the GPF is in France. No medals but weird plate things for everyone. Color coded.

Yay....

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Vanessa and Morgan’s stream froze half way through for me due to internet issues so I missed a lot :angry2:, but very excited for this huge win for them! (Will have to go back and watch it uninterrupted!). Peng and Jin were delightful and had the most spark of the remaining teams I saw in full, happy for their silver!

frida80

Record Breaker
The federation. Cause honestly plates are unacceptable in my opinion.

Just think. They have a junior Grand Prix, A Grand Prix and the Grand Prix Final. Three times with dealing with bad ice, disco podiums, video flags, and non-medals. Not looking forward to this.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Bravo to Jin for wearing his flower crown with pride. Morgan and Vlad don't seem to have gotten the memo.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Family popped in to visit at just the wrong moment, so I wasn't able to follow along, but what a great result to come back to! I'm thrilled for J/C and P/J both, they killed it!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am so anticipating the inevitable showdown at Worlds between J/C and S/H because James/Cipres are looking so FIERCE this season. I was in the arena and I swear they were the most supported and cheered for competitors here out of everyone, including the Canadian skaters! PJ Kwong even dubbed them the "people's choice" skaters. The arena was electrified at the end of their stunning free skate. My moment of the event :luv17:

EDIT to say that I am so so proud of Peng/Jin as well. Way to break seed and break everyone's expectations! They are rising at every competition; I'm excited to see them at 4CC too :D