2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' FS | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' FS

champs

Final Flight
What a competition!! Congratulations to all medalists, especially Kaori for gold :clap:

https://twitter.com/yp1_ydct/status/1076819281856290826

And the updates of Rika Hongo, she will continue competing after graduating from college next year.

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20181223/k00/00m/050/149000c

I don't know how the coaching of Rika H and Rinka is split between Seki and McLeod, but I'm now wondering if Kevin Reynolds will be in their coaching team and if we get to see him in KnC for Rika and Rinka.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the Medalists and especially to Kaori for winning the Gold medal, so deserved!

The Ladies brought their A game and did not disappoint, that was a real nail biting competition.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
My heart breaks for Wakaba. Such a wonderful skater let down by injuries and very bad chosen programs. Rise and shine next season! :shame:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Has there ever been any precedent example of turning a step-out in to an Euler jump and attaching a salchow, at the spur of the moment?

This is totally another-level improvisation, I must say. :eek: :love:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So close for Rika but she'll have many chances to win Japanese Nationals she now knows she can't have a bad SP skate against theses girls and get away with it all the time. But she made the podium it would have been awful to win the GPF then not even make your own National podium.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Rika Hongo: the best she skated this season, I’m glad to hear we’ll see her again, hopefully better.

Ayaka HOSODA: I didn’t know her, what a wonderful performance and beautiful 3As, where did they keep her?

Rika Kihira: best program of the season, she’ll learn how to don’t make mistakes, she just need more experience. Anyway congrats on the silver

Wakaba Higuchi: considering injury and everything, this wasn’t that bad. I hope she recovers soon

Satoko Miyahara: always a joy to watch, it tooks 3 3As to take away her crown, but she is still top 3, alive and kicking

Kaori Sakamoto: great skate! She did the impossible, overthrow satoko and beat rika and finally she got a deserved gold. Congrats!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am really happy that Rika H is going to continue. You can count me in as one of her big fans. Still remember her Carmen LP from several years ago as being my favorite program of the season. Along with whatever Akiko was doing (yes it didn't matter as long as it was she).

I have really liked Kaori since I saw her on the Gp circuit last year. I am thrilled for her gold medal. And Rika K is really exciting. The Japanese women have such a great balance of the artistry (there's that word) and the athleticism.

Still wonder who that malocchio from Satoko was for. Sorry but this year that was she earned.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I had a make-or-break moment last night deciding whether I was going to sleep or stay up, and I chose sleep, but waking up to Kaori's win is the best thing. I saw a lot of potential in that Amelie program last year, and she's really grown so much this season. Benoit is a great match for her. I actually think her jumps here were a little below her normal quality, but that's more of a testament to how good they are typically. It's not even that she just jumps high, her landings and flow are so smooth that they feel fully connected to the choreography of the program in a way that really distinguishes her style from her peers. I still think her GOEs are underscored internationally. So excited to see her keep this momentum for the second half of the season!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
This year. I think they decided to play the same game that other federations have been playing.

They didn't play it for everyone though, otherwise Rika would have scored 160+ and would have win. She's the only one who got what she usually gets internationally.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Has there ever been any precedent example of turning a step-out in to an Euler jump and attaching a salchow, at the spur of the moment?

Marin did it last year at Japan open. That was very funny to see.

lzxnl

Final Flight

Well to be fair, most Eulers look like step-outs :laugh:
Yuzuru during Rostelecom this year comes to mind, unless the 4T + 3S was actually planned. Like Rika, he got a downgraded Euler :laugh:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Yeah, I would like to see them too. I can't understand who is who on the Japanese results. All I know is the medalists were Kaori, Satoko and Rika K. and that Kaori won.

I think the link to English results won't be updated until after the whole competitions are over. I can do a quick summary of the results in English here in the following:

Final results (in total scores):

1 坂 本 花 織 Kaori Sakamoto 228.01
2 紀 平 梨 花 Rika Kihira 223.76
3 宮 原 知 子 Satoko Miyahara 223.34
4 三 原 舞 依 Mai Mihara 220.80
5 樋 口 新 葉 Wakaba Higuchi 197.63
6 山 下 真 瑚 Mako Yamashita 197.14
7 横 井 ゆは菜 Yuhana Yokoi 196.37
8 細 田 采 花 Ayaka Hosoda 185.74
9 白 岩 優 奈 Yuna Shiraiwa 183.16
10 川 畑 和 愛 Tomoe Kawataba 183.11
11 松 原 星 Araki Matsubara 175.69
12 長 縄 和 奏 Wakana NAGANAWA 175.40
13 荒 木 菜 那 Nana Araki 170.07
14 青 木 祐 奈Yuna Aoki 169.28
15 本 田 真 凜 Marin Honda 164.23
16 竹 野 比 奈 Hina Takeno 163.39
17 本 郷 理 華 Rika Hongo 163.18
18 渡 辺 倫 果 Rinka Watanabe 161.99
19 大 庭 雅 Miyabi Oba 157.79
20 三 宅 咲 綺 Saki Miyake 154.66
21 十 倉 日 和 Hiyori TOKURA 149.28
22 中 塩 美 悠 Miyu Nagashio 147.76
23 籠 谷 歩 未 Ayumi KAGOTANI 141.11
24 永 井 優 香 Yuka Nagaii 128.47

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think the link to English results won't be updated until after the whole competitions are over. I can do a quick summary of the results in English here in the following:

Final results (in total scores):

1 坂 本 花 織 Kaori Sakamoto 228.01
2 紀 平 梨 花 Rika Kihira 223.76
3 宮 原 知 子 Satoko Miyahara 223.34
4 三 原 舞 依 Mai Mihara 220.80
5 樋 口 新 葉 Wakaba Higuchi 197.63
6 山 下 真 瑚 Mako Yamashita 197.14
7 横 井 ゆは菜 Yuhana Yokoi 196.37
8 細 田 采 花 Ayaka Hosoda 185.74
9 白 岩 優 奈 Yuna Shiraiwa 183.16
10 川 畑 和 愛 Tomoe Kawataba 183.11
11 松 原 星 Araki Matsubara 175.69
12 長 縄 和 奏 Wakana NAGANAWA 175.40
13 荒 木 菜 那 Nana Araki 170.07
14 青 木 祐 奈Yuna Aoki 169.28
15 本 田 真 凜 Marin Honda 164.23
16 竹 野 比 奈 Hina Takeno 163.39
17 本 郷 理 華 Rika Hongo 163.18
18 渡 辺 倫 果 Rinka Watanabe 161.99
19 大 庭 雅 Miyabi Oba 157.79
20 三 宅 咲 綺 Saki Miyake 154.66
21 十 倉 日 和 Hiyori TOKURA 149.28
22 中 塩 美 悠 Miyu Nagashio 147.76
23 籠 谷 歩 未 Ayumi KAGOTANI 141.11
24 永 井 優 香 Yuka Nagaii 128.47

Thank you!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thank you for the translation. Well at least the top Japanese ladies were in the top few unlike in RUssia where it was just a bloodbath. I feel the Japanese are far more solid with the top 3 -all are consistent and strong.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
They didn't play it for everyone though, otherwise Rika would have scored 160+ and would have win. She's the only one who got what she usually gets internationally.

It’s a smart move to boost Kaori’s profile. Rika doesnt “need” the national champion moniker but Kaori sure could use it! Maybe they’ll both end up on the worlds podium