2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' FS

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I am still heartbroken for Mai:sad21:; while super happy for Kaori:yahoo:.

To the people who thinks Mai is dull, I tell you that she is one of those skaters you should see in person.
I was one of you until I saw her performance at 2017 WTT, which totally changed my mind.
She has speed & power, while she has lightness at the same time, and is much better than herself in the PC screen.
It's still my personal opinion and you don't have to agree with me, but I am feeling like I have to defend her like her mother, that's also her quality, I think;)

I wish we could exchange men's third spot to ladies' 4th spot for the World.

ITA about Mai (though I've never seen her live)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It’s a smart move to boost Kaori’s profile. Rika doesnt “need” the national champion moniker but Kaori sure could use it! Maybe they’ll both end up on the worlds podium

Yup yup :agree:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Sleep was more important after getting a combined 8 hours in the last 48 hours, so I had to miss this :( Congratulations to Kaori on her first national title! :luv17:

I haven’t seen any of the performances yet, but Mai is so underappreciated in general. She is one of my favorite senior ladies to watch, from any country. It must be so frustrating to always be in this position. Are they going to split the Worlds/4CCs team this season?

Don’t be sad, my Tiny Queen!

Can't we export Mai to Canada? ;)

frida80

Record Breaker
Has there ever been any precedent example of turning a step-out in to an Euler jump and attaching a salchow, at the spur of the moment?

This is totally another-level improvisation, I must say. :eek: :love:

Marin did it last year in Japan Open.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
It’s a smart move to boost Kaori’s profile. Rika doesnt “need” the national champion moniker but Kaori sure could use it! Maybe they’ll both end up on the worlds podium

Yes smart move. The other good thing is that Japanese media will slow down now about Rika. So less pressure for her.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Yes smart move. The other good thing is that Japanese media will slow down now about Rika. So less pressure for her.

I'm curious to see if that'll actually happen, now that Rika is about to train her quads in Colorado. There's going to be media attention on that.

Azikin

Medalist
Well is Satoko angry at herself or the judges? Does she think she should have won I wonder.

That's nothing new, she was like this last season at 4C, too. She just cannot take losses. That's one of the reasons I don't like her.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am still heartbroken for Mai:sad21:; while super happy for Kaori:yahoo:.

To the people who thinks Mai is dull, I tell you that she is one of those skaters you should see in person.
I was one of you until I saw her performance at 2017 WTT, which totally changed my mind.
She has speed & power, while she has lightness at the same time, and is much better than herself in the PC screen.
It's still my personal opinion and you don't have to agree with me, but I am feeling like I have to defend her like her mother, that's also her quality, I think;)

I wish we could exchange men's third spot to ladies' 4th spot for the World.

Finally finished watching the ladies and I echo the disappointment for Mai. While Satoko’s free program is among my favorites in ladies this season, I don’t think she should have been placed over Mai, who essentially had a flawless skate. I haven’t seen Mai live but her qualities as described come across to me in spades on the screen. Some may think she’s boring, but for me her floating uncluttered style, including the quiet simplicity in her arm movements, is quite beautiful.

mikeko666

Final Flight
That's nothing new, she was like this last season at 4C, too. She just cannot take losses. That's one of the reasons I don't like her.

It looks like she thought she could beat the clean Kaori even though she had at least one big mistake and apparently she didn't think she URed multiple triples which the tech panel turned a blind eye to.