2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, as the article mentions, Ashley is skating in the Scott Hamilton and Friends show in Nashville this Sunday. :) :luv17:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
So she is planning too many 2Ts

Sorry but that was the first thing to pop out at me.

Same! That was the first thing that came up to me. But sometimes, these files can be wrong. The ISU isn’t always tech-friendly and they’re bad at reading the skater’s handwriting (skaters review and edit their layout when they check into accreditation).

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Same! That was the first thing that came up to me. But sometimes, these files can be wrong. The ISU isn’t always tech-friendly and they’re bad at reading the skater’s handwriting (skaters review and edit their layout when they check into accreditation).

Yep. The three jump combo is likely meant to be 3S, 2t, 2lp.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
With this layout can we expect she will surprise us with good skating? Since she put 2A-2T vs. her usual 2A-3T, it suggested it is not just a blueprint to achieve in the future. I mean she plans 2A-2T probably because she has not got her 2A-3T back; on the other hand, there is no reason she put 3Lz-3T if she cannot do it in practice.

3Ltz-3T was her most comfortable combo in the past, I am proud of her for getting it back.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I think what we can gather from the layout is the jump she doesn't have back at the moment is the 3Loop. I don't expect her to be nailing everything this outing but I am so proud of her for getting far enough to be planning a layout like she is. I expected it to be way more watered down.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’d love to see Gracie do really well and blow up my predictions. My ladies predictions have been a complete wreck anyway! What’s one more week of the same? :handw:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I am really excited to see her skate again. Her layout is great better than I expected, so just crossing fingers Gracie to feel relaxed and to enjoy her skate :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Her coach is Vincent Restencourt.

No, you won't see Jeremy in Russia this weekend, but may see him with Gracie at Nationals in Detroit.:biggrin:

So Vincent is her main/only coach. As a remember it he was all about jumps when he competed. Which is of course good for Gracie's jump training. I suppose she practises other elements with other people though. I hope she see's Jeremy often on the ice. Vincent + Jeremy sounds like a good combo :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There are a few approaches to Gracie that can be taken. One who cares the girl is skating and hopefully for herself and good for her. Also, she is still growing and improving so dont think this is the end product and then there is a perspective it is sad to see a skater regress and have to restart (though on the more positive side you could say rebuild (potato potato yada yada yada.

it doesnt matter what people think; I really hope Gracie can get some satisfaction and I also hope she realizes skating should not complete her as a person. Winning or losig is not everything.

andromache

Record Breaker
Excited to see the 3-3 is there.

Confused by lack of 3Lo, as that was always a better jump for her than 3F. But it but be causing her issues for whatever reason, unfortunately.

Also concerned by the number of -2Ts. Could be they are willing to take the hit on it now in preparation for making one of them a -3T later and upgrading that solo 3T to a 3Lo. Don’t know. Hopefully the three jump combo ends in a 2Lo instead though.

princessalica

Final Flight
oh wow, this is way more than i was expecting. she must be farther along than some of us thought. i just hope she feels confident in doing these layouts, and that she's not pushing herself to do difficult content too early.

Just watched her practice via a twitter feed. She landed some nice triples, but also popped several jumps and omitted several from her fs run through. But just so glad to see her skate again.

macy

Record Breaker
thanks, withwings. That link didn't work for me, but I think this is the article you meant to share. It's also a really good one. My favorite quote from Ashley:

I watched Carolina Kostner and what she was able to do toward the later part of her career and I really admire that.
I think that there’s something to be said about coming out and putting out quality and still being able to perform that doesn’t entirely write off someone who’s not trying the technically most difficult program.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018...tive-future-role-as-coach-and-upcoming-shows/

I've been hoping Ashley would do just that ... skate for herself and for performance. But she's always been such a fierce competitor and has been motivated by that. Well, as much as I want her presence on the ice and as much as I miss her skating, I'm very happy for her that she's so happy where she is! After 11 years, she did deserve a break and whatever she decides for her future.

thanks for sharing this article! i'm so glad she's in a good place, exploring life and is happy.

her thoughts on her future were interesting. i totally get what she's saying about the technical content that's basically required now to be on the podium, and whether or not it's worth a comeback when she wasn't the most technically gifted skater. but i also hope she takes the Carolina route and comes back just to keep giving something special to skating, even if that means less medals. Ashley could easily and successfully go down that path as well, and i hope she does, because i have really missed her presence this year :sad21:

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched her practice via a twitter feed. She landed some nice triples, but also popped several jumps and omitted several from her fs run through. But just so glad to see her skate again.

if you find a video please share!! thanks for the report.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Landed in warmup 3Lz, 3Sal and..very beautiful 3Lo!!! Hope she manages her nerves and perform well tomorrow... The Fs is a beauty

macy

Record Breaker
It just makes me so happy to see her out there. And I love this music. The jumps will come with time. This is the first, very early, stop on her comeback trail. There’s nothing to judge here. People should just appreciate the journey.

yes i do too, i can see how it's so personal to her. this program has the potential to be really really special.

andromache

Record Breaker
I just want to take a moment to :yahoo: :hap10: :dance3: that Gracie is at her GP event, she is practicing, she has programs and plans a 3-3 in each program.

:taunt: to everyone who thought she would withdraw.

She might not skate clean and she might not medal and she might make a lot of mistakes, but it's all part of the process! I just want to see a happy Gracie and I'm so thrilled we get to see her on competitive ice again.

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
It is wonderful to wake up this morning to so much good news about Gracie! Her layout is such a happy surprise, and I teared up a bit watching her practice. She is skating with a lot of soul. Thank you to everyone who is posting updates.