2018-2019 Russian Nationals Men FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Men FS

GGFan

Record Breaker
Um, does this mean this is the last time I'm seeing Dima for the season in competition??? :eeking::sad4:

rachno2

Record Breaker
What's wrong with Koyalda?

He got sinusitis in the summer and didn’t properly treat it for five months, so it became a chronic condition and ended up requiring an operation. He left the hospital on Monday and flew to Saransk on Tuesday.

Everybody who has ever said he has no character can choke.

madison

Record Breaker
My baby can barely breathe :(

He skated smart and tried as hard as he could to go clean. Now put him on the team and let him go home and rest

Will he be ok for the Europeans?
He is so talented... It's frustrating to see such a talented skater struggling and not winning everything.:biggrin:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Mishin desperately needs some new talent (someone with more fire than Lazukin-Petrov), you can see he can still create champions in Men figure skating, he just needs a better material to work with.

Danny T

Medalist
Oh Misha, he really looked like he couldn't breathe properly. But he's confirmed for Euros now, so rest! Please, I beg :pray:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Kovtun really had to win this to have a chance at the Worlds team, did not he? Okay, perhaps second would have been enough. But if he was third, perhaps they would give that spot to Aliev even with not so great results.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Kovtun really had to win this to have a chance at the Worlds team, did not he? Okay, perhaps second would have been enough. But if he was third, perhaps they would give that spot to Aliev even with not so great results.

They were always going to give a spot on the team to Kovtun.

I do believe he has put in so much work for this, but the way they are forcing the narrative is kind of funny. After Kovtun's post-skate interview, while Kolyada was waiting for his marks, the commentators said, “do you see how Maxim has changed? How self-critical is he now?” This was planned for a while. Not that he didn’t earn it, don't get me wrong. That was a worthy skate for the national champion, and I am happy for him for coming back after everybody counted him out. I just don't know why they're trying to push Maxim as the full package when the full package is right there :shrug: Misha has more hardware to show for it, too.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The judges backed themselves into a corner with Kovtun’s insane and unjustifiable score. I don’t hate Kovtun the way some do and this was probably one of his best skates but it didn’t deserve that score in the least. Not even close.

This, I am all for Kovtun's resurrection and recognizing the effort and a good skate when it happens, but an appropriate recognition has nothing to do with artificial appropriation of skater's status through scores.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow, wow, bloody wow! That was quite something!
Max! So glad, Misha is back on track. Would have wished for a better standing for Kostya, but hey, love you lads! :peace:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nice highlights package of the Ladies being shown now on Match! Arena.

But, is there a podium ceremony for the Men coming up afterwards?

And just as I write that, the stream's ended. So, I went over to the Channel 1 stream, and there's a resurfacing. So, I guess no podium ceremony now.

Right, off to look for videos of the last few ladies that I missed.

CaroLiza_fan

Danny T

Medalist
Just for the record, Kolyada's Carmen is by far superior to Kovtun, no judges gonna convince me otherwise. Gonna steal Carol Lane's quote here, but Kolyada doesn't just deserve a PCS cushion over Kovtun, he deserves a whole freakin' duvet.

That said, I am kinda (??) happy that Kovtun managed a comeback like this. Takes a lot of work and effort.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Just took a peek at Andrei, please go back to Rachmaninoff and get your 3As from Liza T.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The judges backed themselves into a corner with Kovtun’s insane and unjustifiable score. I don’t hate Kovtun the way some do and this was probably one of his best skates but it didn’t deserve that score in the least. Not even close.

I think we are all in the same boat.

Kovtun probably deserved to win here (i mean the others were a complete mess), but the way Russia (Tarasova & friends) are pushing Maxim, they act like he's the next Plushenko-Yagudin-Kulik-... with insane PCS and PR push like he's a superstar.

Let's be real, he's nowhere near them.

Kolyada is the real talent here.

champagnerain

Final Flight
The protocols are making me seriously consider the question: what is more hilarious in high-level competition, an 1Eu< or a 1T<? :laugh2: (Dmitriev is responsible for the latter, and also consistently hilarious protocols).

Kutien

Final Flight
1Maxim KOVTUN281.5911 video
2Mikhail KOLYADA268.4023 video
3Alexander SAMARIN265.4942 video
4Andrey LAZUKIN237.665​​6 video
5​​Dmitry ALIEV235.4884 video
6Konstantin MILUKOV231.6839 video
7Alexander PETROV219.94135​​ video
8EgorMURASHOV216.99107 video
9Arthur DMITRIEV215.81610 video
10Anton Shulepov206.96712 video