2018 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs SP

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It's Tuesday 10:30PM here. I totally forgot 4CC started today. :dbana:

Any pairs/dance teams worth rewatching? Surprised there are no Chinese teams here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, U.S. in 1st and 3rd. And Luba and Dylan in 5th and out of the final group? Wow. And Ryom/Kim moves into the final group.

rain

Record Breaker
Oh 5th, but the score is really close. 1-5 is going to be an absolute dogfight in the long. Less than 2 points apart.

aname

On the Ice
Well... 5th place and a couple of points behind the leaders isn't too bad, considering others landed their triples and Luba didn't.

Top six are a very tight field. Really anyone could walk away with this.
Yeah the FS is going to be exciting!

beki

Medalist
I admire Luba and Dylan coming here, but it seems like they might need some time to regroup.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Any pairs/dance teams worth rewatching? Surprised there are no Chinese teams here.

Ashley and Tim! Their performance level is off the charts ... and they nailed every element. I'm so proud of them!:hap10:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
That last group was really enjoyable. No crazy high scores, but a series of good performances. Hope we'll see the same in the FS!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Ryom/Kim! So much fun. Stellato/Bartholomay had a fun skate too. Muramoto/Reed and Soucisse/Firus I thought had really standout performances in dance.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hm, lower PCS than Cain/LeDuc....I thought the Aussie's would go in first for sure...

Really? Their technique was great. But Ashley and Tim have it way over them in performance values.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^^^ thanks for printing Jackie's tweet! I hadn't realized that. It is fantastic. :rock:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
After the unbearable pressure of recent competitions, the first two events of 4CC come as a huge breath of fresh air. The pairs did a really great job!

gold12345

Medalist
I admire Luba and Dylan coming here, but it seems like they might need some time to regroup.

Yes, they must, they are only human and Canadian Nationals was barely more than a week ago. And Dylan did mention having some sort of accident in December. The levels and non-jumping elements haven't been as strong for them this season as they have been in the past. A missed lift level for a team that is typically great at lifts is unfortunate. But I give them credit for coming to this event, and they still could win, who knows. It's very close.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Yes, they must, they are only human. And Dylan did mention having some sort of accident in December. The levels and non-jumping elements haven't been as strong for them this season as they have been in the past. A missed lift level for a team that is typically great at lifts is unfortunate.

"I'm only human, after all" :rock: