2018 Grand Prix Final Pairs Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Pairs Short Program

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I tease about T/M because they have the best elements and one day they will have a short and a long I like I'm sure. Last year I liked the short..this year I like the long.

Vlad does not really give me the James Brown vibes. He needs to go talk to Elladj.

Lota

Record Breaker
I honestly don't understand why people are so horrified that Z/E are so close P/J. Z/E performed the vast majority of their elements really well today and they also performed the program itself really well (I don't think anyone can accuse them of not selling it enough). You can hate the concept of the program, that I understand, as most seem to really dislike it, but both technically and performance-wise Z/E did their part.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I haven't been able to watch much of pairs this season (work, boo), but did I seriously just see the Battle of the Ice on ice!? :love: Was Alexander supposed to be Alexander Nevsky and Natalia a lady Crusader? THAT WAS SO COOL, OMG. :love: :love: :love:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I still don’t think the program is suited to them, but I thought they performed it better than usual. And it isn’t cringeworthy or undeserving of applause, either. People here are being needlessly cruel to T/M.

Indeed! I mean, maybe they actually like the music? I do and if I were them I'd be most upset at people ragging on my taste all the time and telling me what they think I should skate to.

I mean if I'm been out and out honest...I actually prefer T/M's fun programs to their lyrical ones - their FS has grown on me a lot, but the first time I saw it my thoughts were "This is a second-rate knock off of Aliona and Bruno, they're going to be massacred for even trying it!" (Fortunately they haven't been which is a relief!)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
In addition to their good technical elements, I loved how Peng and Jin displayed their delightful personalities in this performance!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I feel that T/M could really benefit from getting a David Wilson program. He has been doing the good work in pairs.

bobbob

Medalist
Tarasova and Morosov we good other than the throw jump. Peng and Jin were amazing. Overall scoring was fair, but I don't understand Z/E's PCS score? 35.38 for that? Their program is even worse than T/M's!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I honestly don't understand why people are so horrified that Z/E are so close P/J. Z/E performed the vast majority of their elements really well today and they also performed the program itself really well (I don't think anyone can accuse them of not selling it enough). You can hate the concept of the program, that I understand, as most seem to really dislike it, but both technically and performance-wise Z/E did their part.

Horrified, but Loving it!:eeking::laugh::luv17:

readernick

Medalist

They did perform well and I think ( while I hate the program) PCS similar to P/J is fair but not two points higher. What component mark is superior? I don’t think any of them. Skating order may have affected PCS but the judges should be careful.

P44

On the Ice
I just saw the results. I have not watched the performances yet. I am very surprised for James / Cipres but also very happy for Cheng / Jin. I'm a big fan of their programs this year.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's killing me that everyone was like "J/C and T/M or J/C or T/M?" and look who's in first and second? Peng/Jin and the Theater Kids :rofl:

I know I'm one of the ones who said it reminded me of a high school play, but we're going to need to stop calling Z/E theatre kids for this program. Because if this continues, I may - as a fellow theatre kid - be forced to like this program. And I really don't want to have to do that :laugh:;)

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I guess I am just a sucker for spectacular jumps nailed on the beat of the music, but P/J's SBS 3Ts on the opening chord after that percussion section was :love: Arena went nuts. Another moment worth the price of admission all on its own. Yayyyy P/J! I would love to see them win!

IDC what anyone says, I am ALL ABOUT Z/E's goth drama swordfighting program. I love it so much. I want it MORE GOTH all the time always. Was great to see live, shame about the spin wobble.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I mean if I'm been out and out honest...I actually prefer T/M's fun programs to their lyrical ones - their FS has grown on me a lot, but the first time I saw it my thoughts were "This is a second-rate knock off of Aliona and Bruno, they're going to be massacred for even trying it!" (Fortunately they haven't been which is a relief!)
Really? It's true that Tarasova seems to like those fun programs and I think she would be capable of really doing them well, but Morozov is a poor actor. Period. The have zero chemistry in those programs. And she doesn't even try at this point ... it's embarassing to watch. A couple of months ago I thought that it was a good idea that they tried, but they've failed numerous times now ... this has to stop. I'm really starting to dislike them ... and that's not something I'm used to ... I don't normally dislike skaters. I'm not going to watch their SP again this season. I'm not even interested in how well they do their elements. I mean, just look at his face during the death spiral! He has so much fun! :reye:

Loved P/J, but I almost always do. Great chemistry, great program, great actors, both of them. I love how they look at each other during their programs. The intimacy. Aah. China is very lucky to have them.
Z/E's short has grown on me. I think it's very entertaining and different in a good way.
I agree with the ranking after the short.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I haven't had the chance to watch this yet, but the result seems shocking! Excitement in the pairs event, who would've guessed! :eeking:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Today, i liked Zabiiako/Enbert the most. They deserved the highest PCS in my opinion (well, they almost got it :agree:). Its strange to see people criticize tackiness and kitchiness of Russians programs and they dont see that with Chinese one... I mean if blowing kisses is not tacky i dont know what else is :biggrin: