2018 Internationaux de France Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Pairs Free Skate

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
It's not a good sign when you biggest compliment is the hotdogs.

Then again sometimes good hotdogs made a sporting event for me.

:laugh: I'm vegetarian so no hotdogs for me but I imagine they weren't bad.

But in all honesty, this has been an incredible weekend, I have not stopped smiling. France must be doing something right (even if no shops or cafes are open on a Sunday :slink:)

frida80

Record Breaker
:laugh: I'm vegetarian so no hotdogs for me but I imagine they weren't bad.

But in all honesty, this has been an incredible weekend, I have not stopped smiling. France must be doing something right (even if no shops or cafes are open on a Sunday :slink:)
They didn't have veggie dogs? Boooooooo!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Aw Mai and Rika look like a couple of chuffed to bits school girls! So sweet!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Always a bit awkward when two of the winners are from the same country. Saw it in the Men’s too when poor Samerin was off to the side.

gold12345

Medalist
This kind of felt like a deflating way to end the event. At least Vanessa and Morgan got to have a strong skate at home. It felt like an exhibition for them practically. Boikova and Kozlovskii have promise but it's not all there yet, they're still juniorish in some ways. They have big throws so there will be times when one goes very awkwardly like it did here.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Any chance this competition will move back to Bercy in Paris?? asking for a friend!

frida80

Record Breaker
She's literally where all the sponsors came from; they started out as her individual sponsors, now you see them around the rink at Nats and on the team jackets. KB bank, for example.
Which is why I get so worked up when people try to claim she hates skating or she doesn't care.

Sorry for getting off topic, mods.

She basically got the Olympics for Korea. People need to get a grip. Just because she didn’t skate forever doesn’t mean she doesn’t love skating. They should be happy that had her at all! She’s a once in a generation skater that popped up in country that had virtually no figure skaters. She put South Korea on the map. I shouldn’t hear a word of anything but pride and gratitude.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Any chance this competition will move back to Bercy in Paris?? asking for a friend!

It’s not been announced where the next IdF is but the final is in Strasbourg next year so who knows.

pesto

On the Ice
I'd love it if it did return to Bercy. Saw the tennis there a few years ago, and had a great weekend, and could really fancy another weekend break to watch some skating.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Same. I could get the Eurostar to Paris, I even know a hotel. Very easy from London.

Eloise14

Rinkside
I am upset about B&K. I really like them. It is fair that P&K made it to the finale because they did medal twice but I hate their free skate. And I love the Great Gatsby but I just cant connect to their program. Honestly out of all the Russian pairs, I've enjoyed B&K programs the most. Hopefully they grow and exceed in the future.

I'm shocked by the Americans. No clue whose going to win nationals. It's a three way toss up.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ruest wolfe : anyone knows why they got their lift downgraded+ a minus 2 for invalid element.... what went wrong?

BrentWolgamott

Rinkside
I am upset about B&K. I really like them. It is fair that P&K made it to the finale because they did medal twice but I hate their free skate. And I love the Great Gatsby but I just cant connect to their program. Honestly out of all the Russian pairs, I've enjoyed B&K programs the most. Hopefully they grow and exceed in the future.

I'm shocked by the Americans. No clue whose going to win nationals. It's a three way toss up.

I'm absolutely gutted for them as well. I saw them in Skate Canada and they became my new favorite young team to watch. All they had to do was get 2nd here with literally no teams of significance on the map (besides James/Cipres, who were obvy favs for 1st). And somehow they lose the silver by 2 points. After watching them go clean at Skate Canada, I was shocked to see that throw 3Lo go awry. And I am SO with you -- i don't care for Pavliuchenko and Khorydin. And I'm worried now for B/K that they won't get to go to worlds -- Russian pairs is SO deep -- Tarasova/Morozov and Zabiiako/Enbert are locks, so it's between P/K, B/K and Efimova/Korovin for the final spot. P/K just made the GPF so...well, I'm worried. DAMN IT. Couldn't the judges have thrown them a couple points in GOE or PCS? Grrrrrr. :) that was gutting -- and watching them in the Kiss and Cry when they realized they were not going to the GPF was just heart wrenching.

rachno2

Record Breaker
How does it work. Do B&K need to medal at Russian nationals next month to make it to worlds?

Probably. It also depends on how P/K do at GPF. A medal is unrealistic, but if they do well then RusFed might bet on them for the big international comps, even if B/K beat them at Nationals. But B/K showed stronger scores on the Grand Prix, so I would say whoever wins the battle at Nats goes to Worlds.

gold12345

Medalist
Doesn't Russia select their World team after Europeans? But usually whoever is at Europeans is also the World team.

I'm absolutely gutted for them as well. I saw them in Skate Canada and they became my new favorite young team to watch. All they had to do was get 2nd here with literally no teams of significance on the map (besides James/Cipres, who were obvy favs for 1st). And somehow they lose the silver by 2 points. After watching them go clean at Skate Canada, I was shocked to see that throw 3Lo go awry.

I was sad for B/K too, they were the clear second best pair in the field and only needed 1.5 points more to make it to the GPF. Even with that bad throw fall, they still could have gotten the score they needed, they just lost too many points elsewhere. Just because they were clean at Skate Canada doesn't mean they were going to skate well every time-- no pairs do that, it's very difficult to duplicate clean skates-- but that fall was pretty disruptive and their lifts got a little wobbly after that. Their lack of experience being in 1st after the short at a GP may have added some pressure.