2018 Internationaux de France Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Pairs Free Skate

frida80

Record Breaker
It's kinda ironic that the only thing US didn't medal at dance, when sometimes that's the only thing the medal in.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the French National Anthem.

P44

On the Ice
I am soooo sad for Ryom and Kim. I hope they will come back next year with new programs.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
France should get the gp confiscated from them. They and Korea are really competing hard for worst skating fed.

They should let Finland have it. Their medals were plastic (I think but correct me if I'm wrong) but at least they were well designed plastic.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
France should get the gp confiscated from them. They and Korea are really competing hard for worst skating fed.

It’s money though isn’t it? As F1 learned you can’t alienate your biggest market and France still loves Skating just that little bit more than other countries.

What did Korea do?

frida80

Record Breaker
I am soooo sad for Ryom and Kim. I hope they will come back next year with new programs.

I hope they put their noses to the grind stone and kick butt in 4CC and Worlds. Wishful thinking, but I've seen some miracles happen.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
They should let Finland have it. Their medals were plastic (I think but correct me if I'm wrong) but at least they were well designed plastic.

People complained about Finland too, NHK seems like the only one that really puts money into their competition.

P44

On the Ice
It’s money though isn’t it? As F1 learned you can’t alienate your biggest market and France still loves Skating just that little bit more than other countries.

What did Korea do?

I'm french and figure skating is not very popular here. The skating rink of Grenoble was small and wasn't filled at all.
I don't even understand why they are organizing the event in Grenoble. This is for many people the worst city in France and I don't even exaggerate.

frida80

Record Breaker
People complained about Finland too, NHK seems like the only one that really puts money into their competition.

And it shows. I love NHK. Top competitors, good ice, good video quality, top notch medal ceremony with gorgeous formal kimonos. I love it.

s_parks

Record Breaker

What did Korea do?

KSU did a lot of things... :eek:topic:
- ditched Viktor An, already an olympic and world champ, when he got injured. It's why he switched to Russia.
- had a scandal with a short track skater abuse a junior skater.
- approximately 10000 useless domestic comps, madatory for even skaters with GPs
- judging scandal in a domestic comp
The list goes on, really, so if people could please stop crediting the fed for Korea's rise in figure skating, thanks.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm french and figure skating is not very popular here. The skating rink of Grenoble was small and wasn't filled at all.
I don't even understand why they are organizing the event in Grenoble. This is for many people the worst city in France and I don't even exaggerate.

Whilst I have not been particularly impressed with Grenoble, the event itself has been hugely full of spirit! There are many more people than last year, and everyone is being a supportive crowd.

The hot drinks are very well priced, as were the tickets!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

More popular in France than it is in Finland or Korea who are the next contenders to get the GP if China doesn’t get it back. (That said my theory goes out the window for China as Basketball seemed the most popular there when I visited.)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
- ditched Viktor An, already an olympic and world champ, when he got injured. It's why he switched to Russia.
- approximately 10000 useless domestic comps, madatory for even skaters with GPs
The list goes on, really, so if people could please stop crediting the fed for Korea's rise in figure skating, thanks.

God I had no idea.

frida80

Record Breaker

I'll give credit to Yuna for forging the path and inspiring a generation of skaters instead.

P44

On the Ice
Whilst I have not been particularly impressed with Grenoble, the event itself has been hugely full of spirit! There are many more people than last year, and everyone is being a supportive crowd.

If the tickets were more expensive I think nobody would come :scratch2:

frida80

Record Breaker

It's not a good sign when you biggest compliment is the hotdogs.

Then again sometimes good hotdogs made a sporting event for me.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Devastated for Ryom/Kim, but what a moment for Tarah and Danny.

Overall I'm still Team B/K, but today was not their day. Aleksandra had been having a tough time in practices. May they rise at Russian Nationals!

I love B/K, I felt so sorry for her. I am a big fan of J/C and am glad they were first and going to the Final (finally, bad pun I know), but I so would have liked B/K to skate well this evening. They're such a lovely couple. I rather liked it that he was kind to her, because she was so upset after their skate. Well, at least they got a medal, even if in France they tend to give other things than medals. Great to see Tarah and Danny skating well too.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'll give credit to Yuna for forging the path and inspiring a generation of skaters instead.

She's literally where all the sponsors came from; they started out as her individual sponsors, now you see them around the rink at Nats and on the team jackets. KB bank, for example.
Which is why I get so worked up when people try to claim she hates skating or she doesn't care.

Sorry for getting off topic, mods.