Karina MANTA
Joseph JOHNSON, USA

No.
Name
Nation
Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZE
BUL
Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER
RD: "Volver," by Maxime Rodriguez, Forever Tango:Volver, by Maxime Rodriguez, Forever Tango
FD: "Seduces me" and "Ne Me Quitte Pas" performed by Celine Dion; choreo by Mathew Gates
CAN
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
RD: "Cell Block Tango"/"Roxie" (from Chicago by John Kander & Fred Ebb)
FD: "Treasure"/"Talking to the Moon"/"Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars
FRA
Emily Lauren MONAGHAN / Ilias FOURATI
HUN
Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
RD: "El sol Sueño" and "Sueño de Barrilete" by Eladia Blázquez
FD: Love Story soundtrack by Francis Lai: "Une Histoire D'Amour" performed by Mireille Mathieu
JPN
Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
RD: Tango Romantica; Tango; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
FD: Clair de Lune; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
USA
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
RD: Tango: Alevare by Astor Piazzolla; Tango: Tangata del Alba by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
FD: Introduction to Romeo (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; Kissing You Instrumental (Romeoand Juliet soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; Kissing You (Romeo and Juliet soundtrack) performed by Desree; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
USA
Karina MANTA / Joseph JOHNSON
RD: Flamenco: "Malagueña" by Ernesto Lecuona; Tango: "Alcoba Azul" by Elliot Goldenthal; Flamenco: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona; choreo by Trina Pratt,Ben Agosto (RD)
FD: "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics; choreo Trina Pratt, Christopher Dean (FD)
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Senior Dance Rhythm Dance Start Order​

• Start time: Sep 14, 2:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time
  • Venue: Salt Lake Sports Complex

Start
Name
Score
Haley SALES
Nikolas WAMSTEEKER, CAN
Misato KOMATSUBARA
Tim KOLETO, JPN
Madison HUBBELL
Zachary DONOHUE, USA
Emily Lauren MONAGHAN
Ilias FOURATI, HUN
Christina CARREIRA
Anthony PONOMARENKO, USA
Teodora MARKOVA
Simon DAZE, BUL
Karina MANTA
Joseph JOHNSON, USA

Last edited:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I hope videos go up soon, I'm really interested in these teams :(

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The NBC sports gold app works well on my phone.

But I went to sleep twice during H&D's RD.

I need to get this set up for a bigger screen.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The NBC sports gold app works well on my phone.

But I went to sleep twice during H&D's RD.

I need to get this set up for a bigger screen.

Hmm, well it's rather a bluesy tango. Range is not their favorite word. And the Midline St Seq is a bit of a mess. Not a fan of the one arm dress either. LOL these two bring out the nitpicker in me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm, well it's rather a bluesy tango. Range is not their favorite word. And the Midline St Seq is a bit of a mess. Not a fan of the one arm dress either. LOL these two bring out the nitpicker in me.

Well they have the highest SD score so far this season. The GOEs seemed a bit generous, imo. The max score is like 85.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

You are not alone and this is not a nitpickng at all for me - the step sequence looked mess, Madison was behind the music, they lost synch in non-touching part and one-arm dress, being an interesting idea itself, looked crafty.

The dance itself is kinda dissonant, with no stricte Tango vibe nor character, like You have said, it feels more bluesy in interpretation, there are Tango movement references though, but they often miss a mark musically /choreography-wise for me. Twizzles and lift are going nicely with music though. There is a mix of things about that dance for me right now, but GOE shower was there, so...

pearly

Record Breaker
Didn't Komatsubara/Koleto have a nasty and public split earlier this year? Or am I thinking of a different team? Yura Min maybe?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Didn't Komatsubara/Koleto have a nasty and public split earlier this year? Or am I thinking of a different team? Yura Min maybe?

Yes, it was Yura Min splitting with Alexander Gamelin

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You are not alone and this is not a nitpickng at all for me - the step sequence looked mess, Madison was behind the music, they lost synch in non-touching part and one-arm dress, being an interesting idea itself, looked crafty.

The dance itself is kinda dissonant, with no stricte Tango vibe nor character, like You have said, it feels more bluesy in interpretation, there are Tango movement references though, but they often miss a mark musically /choreography-wise for me. Twizzles and lift are going nicely with music though. There is a mix of things about that dance for me right now, but GOE shower was there, so...

Oh good, it's not just me. I just looked at the protocols. A level 3 for that step sequence is Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty generous. As are the GOEs. So yes, I think it's fair to say they're dining on home cooking. On the positive side, the twizzles were good, and this pattern should actually bring out their strengths, because they have those long long lines to show off. But the tango vibe is NOT THERE. Lifts have never been their strong suit, since like 90% of them involve her standing on his boots. Not much lift to their lifts I'd say.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Oh good, it's not just me. I just looked at the protocols. A level 3 for that step sequence is Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty generous. As are the GOEs. So yes, I think it's fair to say they're dining on home cooking. On the positive side, the twizzles were good, and this pattern should actually bring out their strengths, because they have those long long lines to show off. But the tango vibe is NOT THERE. Lifts have never been their strong suit, since like 90% of them involve her standing on his boots. Not much lift to their lifts I'd say.

Hey a question since you watched both: Were G/F really better in the PD than H/D? I'm not the best judge.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Both Nationals and Challengers are legendary for home cooked overscoring. That's why you cannot compare the scores between competitions.