2018 JGP Bratislava Pairs Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Pairs Free Skate

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
So happy for Mishina, her split from Mirzoev wasn't the nicest and I am so glad she found a great new partner and is succeeding!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was disappointed with the small number of entries for this event but despite that it was a very entertaining competition with great skating by the Russians.

I was very impressed with M/G. Two strong skates, they are definitely senior ready. Their elements are so strong, the SBS jumps were really in sync. This partnership is working really well for her and they seem quite happy together. I still feel the programme neeeds a bit more polishing but they will be hard to beat. Can they do Senior B’s?

I really hope P/R can get some triple jumps as everything else they do is top class. Their twist, lifts and throws were superb, really breathtaking. They gained nearly 14 marks on GoE. They have matured so much in 12 months, last year they had age appropriate junior programmes (I loved their Alice LP), this year it’s sophisticated and mature. Well done to the Perm team for creating such a programme. Senior couples would kill for that content and skill set.

I was glad to see A/K deliver a clean performance. Two different triple jumps and good lifts and throws. They lost out to P/R for second on PCS, which I think is correct. 3 Russian couples all with their own style, great to see some variety.

I enjoyed the Canadians, she is very young and probably isn’t doing Pairs long but the looked good out there with plenty of potential. I’m also enjoyed the Belorussians, low on tech but they looked happy to be their, his hair alone should get a +5.

Roll on JGP no. 2.

What is a ‘euler’? Is it a new name for loop? Never heard of it before.

hanca

Record Breaker
A/K lost the silver solely on PCS. This is what I hate seeing, in a sport, tech should trump PCS, which imo should only bring you closer to the leaders, not pass them.

Well, yesterday they benefited from skating in the later group whereas P/R were skating in the first group. I think A/K were a bit gifted in their SP. They had quite a few small mistakes, double footed throw with step forward, mistake on side-by-side jump... P/R had one fall on the step sequence in the SP, but the rest was completely clean. I think if A/K skated in the earlier group, they would be 3rd after SP.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I loved Apollinariia Panfilova / Dmitry Rylov (RUS) FS .... And I think M/G are ready for seniors