2018 JGP Ostrava Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have to say I'm rooting for the Georgian team. It would be nice to see a smaller fed do well.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aww, Diana looked really upset when the scores came through. (Gleb looked happier)

Cheer up, love. It was a really enjoyable routine, and you weren't that far off your compatriots' FS score. It was just too big a deficit from the SP to overcome.

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Uh... wow. What a program from this last team! I couldn't take my eyes off them. And I loved the little musical details in the choreography.

edit: And they've won the silver! Well done, you two! They'd sure better have another assignment but the Final is definitely within their reach.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA
Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff performed by Edvin Marton; "Vocalise" (Main Theme from "The Ninth Gates")
Choreography by: Nikolai Nikonov, Igor Alferov
Costumes: Blue ombre Juliet dress for her, black pants, black shirt with matching blue cutouts for him (I like the shirt--it's theatrical and tasteful)

Program Layout:

Dance spin with fantastic speed
SL lift with cartwheel entry into
Rotational Lift Qutie the demaning lift. Level 4 for both.
Twizzles with vertical hop entry. Interesting that. Very original. She lost her balance in the second set. Level 3 for her, 4 for him
Choreo spinning move
Tempo change
Diag step seq with twizzle exit out. Level 3 for both.
NT Step Seq
Tempo change with Eurodisco beat. OH UGHHHHHHHHHH
Choreo lift

It's not at all a balanced program. The first section is all FRANTIC FRANTIC FRANTIC. The middle is SLUGGISH SLUGGISH SLUGGISH. The end is back to Frantic City. It is all so UBER TRAUMA DRAMA INTENSE that I found it more than a bit OTT and off-putting. Definitely a Picasso Effect program. I can admire the tech--and I do admire it very much--but I wouldn't want to watch it again. Really, next season I'd love to see them do something totally light and frivilously frothy. Life isn't always a Bergman film. :)

Your mileage may vary. And hey, de gustibus...

Score: 94.40

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hang on. Britain has a shortage of boys taking up Ice Dance. Our girls are having to look overseas to find partners. And yet we've EXPORTED a guy (i.e. Corey) to Canada?!

Don't worry, I'm not being totally serious with this comment. After all, Corey came up through the Canadian sytem. But, it does make you wonder where we are going wrong.

On the plus side, there's Neil Wilson again! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

George Waddell was born in Toronto, came up through the Canadian system but he skates for Britain ;)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
George Waddell was born in Toronto, came up through the Canadian system but he skates for Britain ;)

Yep. That's my point - Britain is having to bring in guys from other countries because there are not enough boys to go around all the girls.

But, as I said, although the point I was making was a serious one, I wasn't being totally serious in the delivery. I was trying to do it in an amusing way.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They're skating slower than molasses because they want to get levels. And they're juniors. And it's still pretty early days.

Have a nice snooze!

:bed:

Ha ha no I meant the video was literally playing at half speed...even though I hadn't put it on half speed...when Ted started talking his voice was reallllly...slooooow.

Hopefully tonight my laptop will behave itself for the men's FS! :)