2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Pairs Short Program

rachno2

Record Breaker
He’s fantastic, and I remain glad the step sequence shows him off for a moment, but can we get him a partner that doesn’t make me want to call the police whenever I see them?

He looks super young to me too, though

s_parks

Record Breaker
oh.......that's why Metis wants to call the police :laugh:

Metis said "when I see them" though- he doesn't look 20.
I do want to call the police whenever Zhang Hao has a new young partner though... or whenever the CSA make decisions

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Polina and Dmitrii, fantastic! Congratulations!

I hope Dmitrii's lip is okay!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
oh.......that's why Metis wants to call the police :laugh:

He looks, if not 20, definitely late teens to me, and she looks 12. :noshake: It’s not their fault — birthday timings, puberty, etc., but it does make their performance a little less enjoyable to watch for me, just because of the optics.

But he’s definitely #1 Pairs Boy, and they deserved to lead.

Country
Russia
How strong and nice junior pairs. I don't remember at previous finals that pairs would be so good.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Finished catching up, quick thoughts:

- Rough day for Nastya and Sasha :( They were still lovely to watch, but that SBS 2A hurt and the lift was rougher than usual. Hope they do what they're capable of at the free, I still want them to win but it'll be a hard fight....
- K/I are not backing down, are they? Strong elements overall, they are going for the win here.
- P/R were pretty clean, SBS spins could've been better but overall strong. I still think Apolinaria Panfilova is too stiff for I Put A Spell On You though.
- A/K usually have great SBS spins, was surprised to see them being off. Otherwise strong stuff.
- P/S are struggling this season, her growth spurt does swem to be the reason but I do want them to continue as a team, they have chemistry.
- F/N... Ouch. Hope they have a better free.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A very entertaining and high quality short programme. It’s all to play for in the free. I think I would have P/R in the lead, I wouldn’t have K/I as in first on PCS. It was a bit of a struggle for M/G but they are still in with a shout, I think those team is Senior ready.

My favourite junior short of the year is A/K, i have rewatched it several times. The music is different and it builds nicely, but it was a bit of today. P/S I though were marked a little harshly. It’s hard to see where they will go in Seniors, he is a big guy but is she to big for him? I love her throw landings. The Americans had a rough skate but I like them.

Looking forward to the Free, I hope everyone skates to their best. On a very shallow note, all the Pairs guys are quite good looking.