2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
I admit, I'm not really into Junior ID, but nice enough performances from the teams. My predictions are already ruined, but go N/K :hap10: It'll be a challenge, but hope they make the podium.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Ushakova/Nekrasov are deffinitely the fastest, have the most transitions and most intricate steps and holds. PCS should be the highest.. (they only need some polish here and there)...Well, close to the first in the judges eyes... Welcome back Shevchenko/Eremenko!

Interesting that they got the same components except for CO, which U/N got higher. For me, I would have had S/E higher in PE, SS, and IN at least. S/E were sharper than U/N today with better polish/finish, posture and edges.

Meanwhile L/L got top PCS :clap:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
U/N seemed really technically strong but lacking in lines and posture

Maybe. But maybe not. Their dance is some techo/hip hop style, i think their energy and movements are in line with music style. But i also felt some of their movements should be polished/finished better. S/E and L/L are probably better in tango style, but some other things i think are better with U/N... It will be an interesting fight in FD for sure :yes2:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
FWIW, the SB scores for these teams in the FD:

U/N - 103.63
L/L - 100.95
N/K - 100.22
K/R - 99.23
S/E - 97.88
K/N - 95.71

Not that I expect it to happen, but if they all got these scores the final order would be
1. U/N
2. L/L
3. S/E
4. N/K
5. K/N
6. K/R

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yep. Not an ice dance expert so my opinion doesn't really hold substance, lol, but L/L stood out as looking the most mature and finished. Too bad about the levels.

They can be wonky in execution, but for me representing kind of more senior and independent mindset performance-wise, artistically: not spending all their energy and focus on clean execution and levels, but getting more ownership of the whole presentation thing, to make it theirs.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
FWIW, the SB scores for these teams in the FD:

U/N - 103.63
L/L - 100.95
N/K - 100.22
K/R - 99.23
S/E - 97.88
K/N - 95.71

Not that I expect it to happen, but if they all got these scores the final order would be
1. U/N
2. L/L
3. S/E
4. N/K
5. K/N
6. K/R

I hope so. I will score max points in the prediction game then :biggrin:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Sort of agree. The most maturely looking for me were Larjorie/Lagha, she in particular: she grabbed that music and owned the space, confident and vibrant in expression. Her body actions, regardless of levels in elements, were sharp, crisp and sophisticated, in AT character. And he is kind of that poster of grown-up partner, focused and cool.

I think partly why they look so mature is because they aren't trying so hard to sell a so-called sexy tango - I wasn't into seeing some of the other teams biting their lips etc because to me that looks immature and like you don't understand what you're trying to sell? Instead, L/L just focus on skating maturely and dancing a great tango - they looked the most could-be-senior to me. (Sorry if this doesn't make any sense!)

I also think that Marjory is wonderful BUT I'm still not totally sold on Zachary and I can't put my finger on why!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think partly why they look so mature is because they aren't trying so hard to sell a so-called sexy tango - I wasn't into seeing some of the other teams biting their lips etc because to me that looks immature and like you don't understand what you're trying to sell? Instead, L/L just focus on skating maturely and dancing a great tango - they looked the most could-be-senior to me. (Sorry if this doesn't make any sense!)

I also think that Marjory is wonderful BUT I'm still not totally sold on Zachary and I can't put my finger on why!

Yes, there was this feel of enjoying the music, movement and Tango vibe to express in them than just executing stuff with forcefulness of Tango face to it. And I feel also that their Tango is a great blend between AT aesthetic and a modern take of program construction/expression which helps them looking more senior and polished. He is a cool cat to Marjorie's exuberance and smile, it could make him a bit awkward, but I got used to his focus and partnering attention:) :) :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
The teams are flying the flag for the future of Russian Ice Dance. I'm very pleased with events so far. It also makes me look forward even more to Seniors. :biggrin: