2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I just can't really warm up to U/N, they're just too OTT for me especially in an RD. Would like better posture and lines from them.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
From performance standpoint, Sofia and Igor should stay on the lead... Arina and Maxim were somehow cautious today and apart from each other at places.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
From performance standpoint, Sofia and Igor should stay on the lead... Arina and Maxim were somehow cautious today and apart from each other at places.
They also had a weird first twizzle set; GOE on that was a bit generous, I think.

oly2018

Final Flight
These may be the top 6 of the junior RDs, but they all were just kind of meh. The tango just requires a level of maturity. While I was watching, I couldn't help but think about how much more I liked their Free Dances.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Ushakova/Nekrasov are deffinitely the fastest, have the most transitions and most intricate steps and holds. PCS should be the highest.. (they only need some polish here and there)...Well, close to the first in the judges eyes... Welcome back Shevchenko/Eremenko!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Somewhat of an upset that S/E is first after RD but deserved I think :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They also had a weird first twizzle set; GOE on that was a bit generous, I think.

I am not a fan of this RD in general, too OTT cluttery which covers their great skills and drifts my attention from them. There is too much distance between them in twizzles, step sequence for me and a very little AT vibe. But it is just me.

malya

On the Ice
This is the first ice dance competition I completely agree with the order the judges ranked them in!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Okay, so looking at the scores, Kazakova/Reviya are completely out of it (barring the FD equivalent of Sochi 2014); Nguyen/Kolesnik are about 2.5 back of fourth/third, which isn't totally unbridgeable, but a challenge.

Then you've got K/N and L/L, effectively tied for third, each about 1.5 points back of the first and second-place teams. I'd say three of these four teams will be the podium.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Arina and Maxim, good energy, very nice!

Good luck to all in the free dance!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Waiting for ice resurfacing at the arena now and dang I do not understand that last team's score at all. Yes, I'm salty about N/K being in 5th place lol damn it!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
These may be the top 6 of the junior RDs, but they all were just kind of meh. The tango just requires a level of maturity. While I was watching, I couldn't help but think about how much more I liked their Free Dances.

Sort of agree. The most maturely looking for me were Larjorie/Lagha, she in particular: she grabbed that music and owned the space, confident and vibrant in expression. Her body actions, regardless of levels in elements, were sharp, crisp and sophisticated, in AT character. And he is kind of that poster of grown-up partner, focused and cool.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sort of agree. The most maturely looking for me were Larjorie/Lagha, she in particular: she grabbed that music and owned the space, confident and vibrant in expression. Her body actions, regardless of levels in elements, were sharp, crisp and sophisticated, in AT character. And he is kind of that poster of grown-up partner, focused and cool.

Yep. Not an ice dance expert so my opinion doesn't really hold substance, lol, but L/L stood out as looking the most mature and finished. Too bad about the levels.