2018 Junior Worlds Entries and pregame chat | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior Worlds Entries and pregame chat

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its almost time for ladies!! hopefully thread will be open soon :biggrin:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Jr Ladies have started, the second skater is up now but the thread is still locked.

I really don't get the point of opening the thread only when the event starts... Pregame chat in the SP thread is usually one of the most fun things to do for hyping an event up. It just makes no sense to me and it's making the WJCs pretty bleh when there's absolutely no pregame chatting or predicting / hoping and dreaming of any kind.

And of course, it's even worse that the threads aren't even open when the event actually begins...

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Dahyun Ko was nice. I liked the start of her music but then it didn't really go anywhere. Level 4 spins.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I really don't get the point of opening the thread only when the event starts... Pregame chat in the SP thread is usually one of the most fun things to do for hyping an event up. It just makes no sense to me and it's making the WJCs pretty bleh when there's absolutely no pregame chatting or predicting / hoping and dreaming of any kind.

And of course, it's even worse that the threads aren't even open when the event actually begins...

i get the reasoning cause sometimes it gets crazy even before event starts but thats never been the case with juniors :slink:

somelikeitpink

On the Ice

I tweeted at them but no idea if that will do anything ...

I definitely agree though. Aren't the senior threads usually open a day before or something? or at least on the day before it starts?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I tweeted at them but no idea if that will do anything ...

I definitely agree though. Aren't the senior threads usually open a day before or something? or at least on the day before it starts?

This threadlocking is very recent. I'll play devil's advocate here and say it's a bit annoying to click from 8 pages of fluff from before the event starts and I think it's nicer to have a pre-event chat in a separate thread.
But if the thread isn't unlocked when 5 skaters have already gone, that's much more annoying.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This threadlocking is very recent. I'll play devil's advocate here and say it's a bit annoying to click from 8 pages of fluff from before the event starts and I think it's nicer to have a pre-event chat in a separate thread.
But if the thread isn't unlocked when 5 skaters have already gone, that's much more annoying.
Is it? Hmm, I have never seen it as a problem. Well, even if you disagree with me on that(I think it's more annoying when pregame chat of all different events gets mumbled up in one thread), the thread seriously should be open by the time the event starts. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
You know, with even these lower end skaters performing combos like 3S-2Lo it really makes me wonder why the solo -2Lo combo is almost never seen out of the top ladies. If it's a single double jump in a combo it's almost always a -2T. A -2Lo really shouldn't be too difficult for skaters of that level and it'd give them 0.5 more points in BV.

When we do see a -2Lo it's essentially always as the third jump in a combo, usually after a -2T.