2018 Lombardia Trophy Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Free Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That will probably win. The bigger question is what crazy FD score they will get .

pearly

Record Breaker
With both the Parsons and G/F I feel the lady is too tall for their partner. I like a bigger difference in height. It makes the lifts seem easier and effortless.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I don't like Charlene and Marco's program at all. And I think their skating in first part had nothing to do with the music. It improved with the change of the song, but still I think it is one of their weakest and lest memorable programs.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It was pleasant. The ending is a dud. But overall it was pleasant.

Of course they'll win. It's Lombardia.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I enjoyed that from G/F. They are not trend setters in terms of music choices but they said they wanted to skate to this last season but decided not to after so many teams announce it. So they brought it back and it shows that they enjoy skating to it; good performance qualities from both.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Oof, I was not expecting the kick in the gut I felt when 'Audition' started up. I think I'll always associate that with Ashley now.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Not a fan of La la land but I loved it! And can’t get enough of Charlene’s dress, such a beautiful shade of green! Why haven’t I found anything like that for my bridesmaid dress?!

viennaskater

Medalist
I don't like Charlene and Marco's program at all. And I think their skating in first part had nothing to do with the music. It improved with the change of the song, but still I think it is one of their weakest and lest memorable programs.

Thank goodness its not just me thinking that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It was pleasant. The ending is a dud. But overall it was pleasant.

Of course they'll win. It's Lombardia.

That is my problem with La La Land soundtrack. The music doesn't give much range for expression. You have to act out the lyrics, which doesn't seem like a great idea.

pearly

Record Breaker
I have yet to hear a cut of La La Land that works. It's the new Great Gatsby soundtrack.

I liked this one. It's very similar to what Ashley used I think?

But yes, LLL seemed like it would be so great on ice and then really failed to deliver.

viennaskater

Medalist
I actually liked la la land when Astakhova and Rogonov skated to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh first place - blow me down, what a surprise (not).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That is my problem with La La Land soundtrack. The music doesn't give much range for expression. You have to act out the lyrics, which doesn't seem like a great idea.

I will not be happy until someone takes my suggestion and does half la la land and then cuts it off abruptly and puts on the Moonlight Soundtrack. And I'm going to keep talking about it until someone does it too.