2018 Lombardia Trophy Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Pairs Short Program

pearly

Record Breaker
Natalia looks like Ksenia with the new haistyle. They looked slow in their lifts. Her dress looks like it has the Punisher emblem on it :D

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Natasha is very beautiful with her new style. But ZE's program is... hmm.
DMG had some strange finale.The music ended abruptly.

I read that as "Daytona Motorsports Group had some strange finale". And thought "Good, because they destroyed the AMA Superbike Championship!"

:laugh: :eek:: :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Natalia looks like Ksenia with the new haistyle. They looked slow in their lifts. Her dress looks like it has the Punisher emblem on it :D

I thought it was Ksenia. And I was thinking "eh?! But, it was only announced the other day that her and Fedor had split. Has she turned up with a new partner already?!"

It was only when they did a closer up shot that I realised that it wasn't Ksenia. But, I still didn't twig who it actually was. She looks so different not just with short hair, but with dark hair.

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Nicole and Matteo promise 'Not tear us a part' Please GO for next olympics! 66.93 in second place! A few mistakes, many points behind Nataliia and Aleaxander.

Not knowing many pairs here, what a difficult discipline. Kudos to all.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
I liked american pair. They're very cute and their throw was huuuge.
Very cool program from spanish pair.

pearly

Record Breaker
This was your annual reminder that lilac and red still don't go well together. I guess his costume refers to the title/movie, but the music sounds like nothing that would require that type of outfit.
A lot of finger pointing in that program.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THANK YOU LANA AND ANTONIO!!!

What a way to finish the Pairs SP!

And may I congratulate the rink-side announcer for his pronounciation of Antonio's surname. Although I don't speak Portuguese, this one sounded much better than other attempts I have heard!

CaroLiza_fan

Fruitpie

On the Ice
I know, I'm biased, because Anton is my long favorite, but he's such a good partner. I think, Lana made some progress comparing to last season, but still not enough.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Croatia, not a common nation on ice. He's born in Moscow. Skating to the greatest show. High twist. Way to go! 40.94 in seventh witch means last...

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Z/E had a strong, clean skate, they lack a little bit of speed in their SS and lifts maybe. I am curious about how their program will develop during the season, and I also like her new haircut. They were always technically strong but maybe missing that "something" to be just on the top, so they knew they needed to change something. They are really trying, and I wish them all the best, I like them as a pair and Natalia is gorgeous and graceful, it doesn't matter what haircut she wears. :luv17:

I would like to see the other programs too, especially B/K, hope they will upload them soon :pray:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Croatia, not a common nation on ice. He's born in Moscow. Skating to the greatest show. High twist. Way to go! 40.94 in seventh witch means last...

Antonio is like Jonathan Guerreiro in that they both have a Portuguese father. Jonathan was born in Australia, but represents Russia due to having a Russian mother. Before teaming up with Lana, Antonio used to represent Russia (I don't know what nationality his mother is, but being born there would have been enough).

Can you imagine if both of them had opted to represent their paternal homeland? That would have really put Portugal on the figure skating map!

CaroLiza_fan

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Natalia and Alexander's costumes are quite horrible. Do they aim to resemble medieval outfits? Is the music from some medieval movie?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
The American couple was sweet; loved the program tho does not draw on their strengths exactly.. she is quite the firecracker! Still, this is a beautiful program... he is so handsome and the pink is gorgeous on her.. she is lovely.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Z/E had a strong, clean skate, they lack a little bit of speed in their SS and lifts maybe. I am curious about how their program will develop during the season, and I also like her new haircut. They were always technically strong but maybe missing that "something" to be just on the top, so they knew they needed to change something. They are really trying, and I wish them all the best, I like them as a pair and Natalia is gorgeous and graceful, it doesn't matter what haircut she wears. :luv17:

I would like to see the other programs too, especially B/K, hope they will upload them soon :pray:

She's VERY Falconetti:

http://www.oscars.org/news/rediscovered-images-passion-joan-arc

Marie Falconetti in The Passion of Joan of Arc is one of THE greatest film performances in history. Highly recommended. There's a saying, "You will never forget the face of Falconetti"--and after watching the movie, you won't.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Nicole and Matteo promise 'Not tear us a part' Please GO for next olympics! 66.93 in second place! A few mistakes, many points behind Nataliia and Aleaxander.

Not knowing many pairs here, what a difficult discipline. Kudos to all.

You know DM/G have improved SO much over the last quad, which is great. But there is a but.

It looks like the two of them are going for that "raw rock passion" thing James and Cipres do so well (hell, they may have cornered the market on it!). What makes J/C rise above the pack is that they are so completely emotionally committed to their programs that even saying "they wear their hearts on their sleeves" seems inadequate. And the Italians, him in particular, always feel like they're skating steps and not committing emotionally. There's always something they hold back. If they could just let go, let it out and let it rip, I think they're finally at the point they could truly have a breakthrough performance.

Just saying....

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
You know DM/G have improved SO much over the last quad, which is great. But there is a but.

It looks like the two of them are going for that "raw rock passion" thing James and Cipres do so well (hell, they may have cornered the market on it!). What makes J/C rise above the pack is that they are so completely emotionally committed to their programs that even saying "they wear their hearts on their sleeves" seems inadequate. And the Italians, him in particular, always feel like they're skating steps and not committing emotionally. There's always something they hold back. If they could just let go, let it out and let it rip, I think they're finally at the point they could truly have a breakthrough performance.

Just saying....

I agree - while Italians seems always kind of 'reserved' and severe in expression, Vanessa/Morgan's main power is how they are bringing a raw, genuine emotion into their skating, that's why a gritty, edgy program skated by Nicole and Matteo feels flat, especially put in comparison with French duo.

The music choice won't do a job itself, especially a song with lyrics and certain character, 'load' into it - I just cannot get past skating to the music impression while watching Italians yesterday, the skating which was 'detached' from the edge song serves. I know it is probably an attempt to 'contemporalize' them, make them more 'hip' and cool, but the repertoire like that has to align with the team, its character, expression level, chemistry on ice to pull it all of in believable, successful way (at least from performance/viewer's standpoints). James/Cipres re-evaluated and re-branded themselves on the chemistry, edge and sensuality basis, finally matching their repertoire to themselves, no other way around which added to their rise and their strength as a team, their performance impact.

Nicole and Matteo are a beautiful team, a solid one who really improved past 2-3 seasons, but expression-wise, repertoire -wise they feel kind of bland and uncharacteristic, this SP only confirms that feeling, adding some kind of dissonance and awkwardness into my impression, because it does not feel flowy and natural from them, this kind of aesthetic. I have similar issue with Zabiiako/Enbert: beautiful people, skilled athletes, presenting themselves like a classic Russian pair (which always is a compliment to the image), but feel uncharacteristic and non-descriptive in their programs; their SP OTOH looked like they wanted to drastically change style/aesthetic, how they are perceived by the public, but again - made them look gimmicky and heavy in my opinion, mixing the music with those costumes, with this 'patchy' movement at places. I do not deny their technical ability and skill, it just weirds me out the way it is packaged with them in my opinion...