2018 Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Oh yes.. lets take a moment to send good thoughts to our users who are or will be affected by hurricane Florence and Typhoon Mangkhut

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I feel that Michael and Rachel are the anti Gage and Oona in that they are both siblings and American but their parents took totally different approaches to naming them. The Parsons went very traditional and biblical and the Browns went full Romance novel names.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Very good from Parsons, lots of sophistication and stylish little details, Michael is a total pro in that pattern, love his carriage! Rachel looks beautiful in that dress:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Very good from Parsons, lots of sophistication and stylish little details, Michael is a total pro in that pattern, love his carriage! Rachel looks beautiful in that dress:)

They have such clean technique. That's what always strikes me first about them.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Parsons-Solid. Skated that with more confidence and smoothness than early in the season. Good job filling out the rink. She is still smiling her way through the tango.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looks over the list of couples...hey is James Buckland related to the other GB Buckland (Nicholas?) or is it just a coincidence.

The Parsons go into second.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They have such clean technique. That's what always strikes me first about them.

They FINISH their movement and place gestures with purpose, not accidentally which sets them apart also from some of those 'top' teams...Yes, they have their share of issues, but quality of movement, quality of edge is always there.

LOL at Eminem's 'Fall' playing:laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Poor Fins having to wait.

BTW..it's hard to watch ID when your dog is being an attention seeking brat.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nothing like cursing to wake you up. :laugh:

Glad to see the Parsons improve from their outings at Lake Placid/Asian Open.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Turkkila & Versluis-(Firedance, I think. Thinking this is what we heard from one of the earlier teams earlier also?) T&V have a beautiful, natural (long-lined) tango look. Moves are well matched, but I feel like they could make it look much more spectacular with more stretch. Careful. Put some time, speed, and perfecting into this program. Could be quite good by season's end.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hungarians are a bit stompy in the pattern. And small.

The black top with that floral skirt is just way too heavy looking.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Turkkila & Versluis-(Firedance, I think. Thinking this is what we heard from one of the earlier teams earlier also?) T&V have a beautiful, natural (long-lined) tango look. Moves are well matched, but I feel like they could make it look much more spectacular with more stretch. Careful. Put some time, speed, and perfecting into this program. Could be really good by season's end.

Yes, even with early days I thought they were slightly underscored. Potential potential potential with this dance for these two.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
when he's not an ID coach he stars in regional productions of Grease as Danny Zukko.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Jakucs & Galli-Relatively new team. Did the G&F leg position on the opening twizzles (trending this season with the new twizzle requirements). Slow & careful but good start of the season for this team.