2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Satoko was beautiful. Wonderful program. her GOEs are too generous though. Rika won on pure tech but the judges were a bit stingy it seems to the Russians when it came to pcs. Well there could be an argument they could be higher but the results were right. So close between Liza and Satoko. Satoko must be a bit sad and worried she got beat by Rika. But a great skate by Rika needs to be congratulated; she still needs to get more consistent so we will see what happens. Wakaba must be shaking in her skating boots and Kaetlyn Osmond probably is probably really scared she won't even make the top 8 I hope Liza does some good training adding to the programs and maybe getting another 3A in the free.

Danny T

Medalist
I think Liza should have the edge over Rika. Anyway, it’s happening at all GPs. Looking forward to the final. What an event! :gclap:

Bruh, you can like Liza better, that's fine. But maybe you should read the rules? Of the sports??

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Yeees, to kinda quote Tatiana Tarasova "Some judges give joke GOEs"

I think Liza should have been ahead of Satoko by a bit more yesterday and got second here.

:clap: for Rika though! What an awesome program! A 3A and 3A-3T.

With the right GOE TukTuk would have been in second. No, i don't understand. Medvedeva is dinged now at every opportunity, but Satoko goes positive GOEs over positive GOEs even for under-rotated, bad edges jumps? Hmmmmmm.....

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I really was meh on ladies for a while, so this was a real treat -- a reminder why it was the ladies that drew me in back in 1991 and then again in 2009.

The ladies are really bringing it across the board this year. So far I've had a way harder time predicting the women's results than the men's, and not because the women are inconsistent, but because so many are capable of such strong performances.

leoleo

Medalist
I think Liza should have the edge over Rika. Anyway, it’s happening at all GPs. Looking forward to the final. What an event! :gclap:

with how empty her program is? have you seen the content of Rika's program compared to Liza's? I wouldn't even give Tuktik 66 in pcs (Mai scored the same with a more elaborate program, she also has better skating skills) how could Liza score higher than Rika, her TES was much higher? :think:

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
By the way if the URs wasn’t called Satoko would have win this clearly because of the PCS. Her TES after the performance dropped aprrox. 6 points that means she would have got 148-149 which was enough for gold.

Whatever all top 3 was perfect. Bigg congrats to Liza and Satoko for making the GPF.

GGFan

Record Breaker
So Satoko actually was dinged on her doubles (axel and loop) and unclear edges on her lutzes. I'm sure the slo mo team will tell us if they got it right :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
By the way if the URs wasn’t called Satoko would have win this clearly because of the PCS.

I do not understand this remark. Are you suggesting the panel should not have called what was obvious to see?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You all can argue over particulars. I'm going to bask in the glow of an amazing competition. See you in a bit for the men's free skate!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Now I'm gonna go watch Rika's free skate a dozen times.
When she was doing the shows I said "I just hope she can skate this program clean at least ONCE in competition" and here she did! What a gift!
:yes2: