2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
4 falls all together in ladies free. Lovely competition to watch.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
She didnt win on just tech content, she has the second highest PCS.

She won’t with a combination of the two.

Good tech and good skating skills.

But these PCS still somehow low. Not 70+ or 75+ with what others got 150+.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have we seen a young Ladies skater just up from the Juniors in a post Olympic year make her presence known like Rika is doing like now? You might have to go back to the glory days of Mao and Yuna in 2007 to see someone this quickly rising to the top. Of course Mao wasn't making her Senior debut in 2006 but still her first Worlds was in 2007 when she was finally eligible and of course who could forget Yuna's debut at Worlds when she set a new world record in the SP you just knew this was a special talent that might even eventually be better then Mao. Rika has that kind of talent.

moriel

Record Breaker
Have we seen a young Ladies skater just up from the Juniors in a post Olympic year make her presence known like Rika is doing like now? You might have to go back to the glory days of Mao and Yuna in 2007 to see someone this quickly rising to the top. Of course Mao wasn't making her Senior debut in 2006 but still her first Worlds was in 2007 when she was finally eligible and of course who could forget Yuna's debut at Worlds when she set a new world record in the SP you just knew this was a special talent that might even eventually be better then Mao. Rika has that kind of talent.

well, technically Zhenya did it in second year after Olympics, winning everything in her 1st senior year.
Alina did it in an Olympic year even.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well.. I had to go to bed last night because I was really too tired after pairs.

Happy for Rika, Satoko and Liza. Way to come back Ms. Rika. Are both Satoko and Liza in the GPF now?

yude

Record Breaker
After watching Men's event, I really want to say thank you to all ladies for showing us wonderful performances in Japan, Arigatou :pray:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Unfortunately I missed the Women's FS (had to sleep at some point because of the queue of crap I have to do today- freakin responsibilities! :laugh:). Just caught up with the final group-

Eunsoo. Really gave off a feeling of being nervous, not a lot of sass for her choice of music. I really love her though. She has the movement, the look, the physicality. She just needs a program she can get excited about! One that really suits her. I'm relieved that the slight collision in the warm-up was nothing serious, thank goodness! :eek:

Rika. In the words of the B.ESP guys, those 3A's were crackers! I respect that she went for the two 3As even after the fall in the SP. It's an 'all-or-nothing' gamble, but it can pay off for sure. Her tano jumps look really nice too, which I don't normally say ;) Everything was on point for her today. I feel like the music is a bit of a snoozefest, but that's about the only bad thing I can say for dear Rika!

Leonova. I have a soft spot for her. She is a real fighter imo. This was a good skate, but not memorable to me unfortunately. Was it the monochrome outfit? The incessant crowd-clapping drowning out the music? Am I just so accustomed to seeing her play these OTT characters, that I was expecting more personality? I don't know. It was alright.

Mai. Mai is so cute! This program is somewhere between soft, fairy-like and straight up ice princess. I'm not into her style per se, but I look forward to seeing if she can slip onto the podium in France :)

Liza. I am in love with her outfit :love: This program is so very Liza and she gives a bit more performance here than in the SP. Shame about the dance on the 3A, but she held on!

Satoko. Why isn't there a fire emoji? Satoko was on today! I had a good feeling about her as soon as she left the boards. I like her new FS dress, love the program. Surprised at how close Satoko and Liza were in the standings, but I think the order is right!

Congrats to the medalists! The women put on a great show for us at this GP
:yahoo:

Leonardo

Final Flight
There were so many amazing performances to the point that I forgot to comment on Mariah's gorgeous skate. Congrats, it was so beautiful :luv17:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Eunsoo. Really gave off a feeling of being nervous, not a lot of sass for her choice of music. I really love her though. She has the movement, the look, the physicality. She just needs a program she can get excited about! One that really suits her. I'm relieved that the slight collision in the warm-up was nothing serious, thank goodness! :eek:

May I ask you to read my rant on the issue? I need verification that I'm not wearing fangirl glasses...

And OH MY GOD WAS THE ONE WHO COLLIDED MY DARLING?!!!! As if she needed another reason to get rattled for (bleep)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
May I ask you to read my rant on the issue? I need verification that I'm not wearing fangirl glasses...

And OH MY GOD WAS THE ONE WHO COLLIDED MY DARLING?!!!! As if she needed another reason to get rattled for (bleep)

I love your dedication! Yes, I totally agree that it's just not quite the right fit for her. I can see maybe a lightly flirty program for her, but something that leans more classical and softer. Think Yuna's 2010 Concerto. Did I think of that myself or did your avatar subliminally plant that idea in my head? :shrug: :laugh: Either way, I think that would be more her vibe. I am so excited to see her again at CoR! She's is truly a beautiful skater :luv17:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Rika Kihira for getting the second highest GOE on the Triple Axel at +3.09 in BOTH the ladies' and mens' free skating events. :2thumbs:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
If anybody managed to come up with this result in the Predictions Game, they deserve a lot more than just a medal!

For those that were watching on Eurosport, don't change channel!!! Highlights of the Pairs FS is just starting!!!

After the mess of not having any LIVE coverage overnight, I hope they cut out all the adverts they were planning on showing and instead show as many of the partnerships as they can in the hour until the Men's FS starts.

EDIT: They started with #4. Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA, USA​

Hope this helps.

CaroLiza_fan

i did it and i got nothing :laugh: (i messed the 5th place)

anyway about the competition, well it was great! an epic battle!

Mariah BELL: well done and congratulations on the season best, she was a joy to watch!

Maria SOTSKOVA: finally she wore something I like, but unluckily her performance didn’t improve along her sense of style. Her programs don’t’ look like her cup of tea, she is disconnected and her tech is a mess.

Rika KIHIRA: this was great, first 3A- 3T in senior ladies, 2 3As in a program, 8 triples landed and a stellar score; she surely kicked a lot of bottoms (and won on several men too XD she could have placed 3rd in men free snatching the mendal from rizzo)

Alena LEONOVA: auntie leonova is alive and kicking XD I mean she souldn’t even been here and menaged to do a clean 5 triples performance

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What an amazing event! And I love that taking risk was what got the final win :cheer: Program wise I think Satoko's was the best, but her small jumps won't win with two 3A's.... (though on the replay I thought that 3T was a litte URed...). Rika has messed my predicitons a little. I did predict right that Satoko will beat Liza (though it was close!), I just didn't know Rika has a nerves of steel! Also loved Mai! :luv17: And Mariah did great, but I would like a little more speed. Alena definitely made a bid to be on GP circuit next season! Overall, very enjoyable event! :hap10: