2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK, how on earth Satoko gets better GOE on each jump than TukTuk? This annoys me. :dev2:

Yeees, to kinda quote Tatiana Tarasova "Some judges give joke GOEs"

I think Liza should have been ahead of Satoko by a bit more yesterday and got second here.

:clap: for Rika though! What an awesome program! A 3A and 3A-3T.

Lota

Record Breaker
This was such a pleasure to watch, big thank you to all the ladies for these truly incredible performances and a fight to the very end! :cheer:

Now let's go watch the Men splat all over the ice :)

moriel

Record Breaker
I still think that Satoko should be 3rd or even 4th here, but oh well
At least Rika won

It would be outrageous if Satoko beat Rika on Pcs.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
To me Miyahara Satoko belongs in the 'great-but-not-love' category, I appreciate her wonderful skating skills and artistry, but I personally don't feel love for it. Like, Paul Cézanne's works are masterpieces, but they are never in my 'favorite paintings' list. Appreciating quality doesn't equal love for me. Uno Shoma also belongs here come to think of it.

That said, I think that was enough for silver.

LOL I call it The Picasso Effect: you can appreciate the talent without wanting it to hang over the living room sofa.

:)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Can I do my "On Darling Squirtle" rant before I start teaching my 13-year-old English? I fear that I might spout it at him (who doesn't watch FS) if I don't.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That is one sophisticated program. Really a deep pleasure to watch. You go Satoko. Figure skating is so much more than jumpjumpjump. You are Exhibit A to prove that point.

I am looking forward to seeing her live again in 2016 Worlds. One thing, seeing her previously at 2016 Worlds is that while she has really great choreography and skating, I wanted much more projection from her. It's clear from watching her here she's worked on it -- I'm interested to see how that looks in person.

lusterfan

Final Flight
The top 3 scores could've easily been gold medal scores in other grand prix events. Kinda sucks they were all pit against each other, but that's competition for ya!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love Satoko but she skated cautiously today. I think that's why she was UR all over the place.

Rika pulled it out with a fearless skate.

Liza was great, but the program just needs a little zsuzing -- seems a bit empty.

Mai skated beautifully and so did Mariah. Nice competition!

Danny T

Medalist
What an event this has been. I'm so happy as a skating fan mostly, such a privilege to watch all these ladies bringing in their best and put the ice on fire. Definitely an event to rewatch :agree: :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If anybody managed to come up with this result in the Predictions Game, they deserve a lot more than just a medal!

For those that were watching on Eurosport, don't change channel!!! Highlights of the Pairs FS is just starting!!!

After the mess of not having any LIVE coverage overnight, I hope they cut out all the adverts they were planning on showing and instead show as many of the partnerships as they can in the hour until the Men's FS starts.

EDIT: They started with #4. Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA, USA​

Hope this helps.

CaroLiza_fan

gioccia

On the Ice
If the judging in both programs had been fair, Liza would have been second for sure.
Rika is my new hero! Total package. She’s unbeatable this season.