2018 NHK Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Pairs Short Program

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Yesssss Qweeen. I kinda wish Natalia had kept the ultra goth eye makeup, this look isn't quite dramatic enough. Love the costumes no matter what anyone else says, I'm all in on this theatre.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I actually cannot with these costumes :palmf: who thought they were a good idea. Though Alexander's is mildly less bad

But on a better note, nice twist and ice coverage

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: Natalia and Alexander are so dramatic! I love it!

Wow, what a quick twist!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yesssss Qweeen. I kinda wish Natalia had kept the ultra goth eye makeup, this look isn't quite dramatic enough. Love the costumes no matter what anyone else says, I'm all in on this theatre.

:laugh: I like the concept, I just don't think it's been executed with quality costumes enough. Some metallic silver armour or regal purple felt or something idk might have come across better....it looks a little like a costume for a halloween party

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This must be what other posters feel like when they see the rest of us rave about Jun Hwan's free skate. I...do not like this program.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Natalia ZABIIAKO/Alexander ENBERT (RUS)
Alexander Nevski
her in black short unitard with grey/white tabard over the top, black insignia on shoulders and chest, faux black rope belt, him in mottled grey tunic with dark red cape sewn to the back, faux belt, grey pants

3Tw
SBS 3T
Th3Lo
upsy
BODs
StSq
CCoSp

very drama! much intensity!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Those were some quality side by side spins! I'm really impressed!

So is she supposed to be his shield or something?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Love that Z/E tried something. Nice elements, nice theme, nice commitment in the performance. But EVERYTHING about the costumes and choreo is wrong and totally void of taste or artistry! I said it before and I'll say it again: how the heck can someone send them on the ice looking so cheap! It's crazy! But at least it's a bit fun.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I like the dramatic music and the choreography of Zabiiako/Enbert. Not yet sold on their commitment and energy to it, could be pushed at least two notches higher, but they had the most steady short program thus far and should go into first. Something happened though on their death spiral which only received Basic level.

Edit: Their tech score just went up so they likely got more credit for their death spiral.

Lota

Record Breaker
I don't care what anyone says... I LOVE THIS :love: C'mon, the drama, THE COSTUMES (they definitely add a little somethin' to the program :laugh: ). And mostly I love their attitude - they're 100% into it. Great performance!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
:laugh: I like the concept, I just don't think it's been executed with quality costumes enough. Some metallic silver armour or regal purple felt or something idk might have come across better....it looks a little like a costume for a halloween party

Fair, fair. I love her dress mostly, but I could stand to see his done a little better, true.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is Natalia supposed to portray a male character in whatever the story is? Throughout the program I kept on thinking they are portraying two brothers who are enemies to each other, and Natalia's character is the evil guy and he is the good guy. Anyone knows the story of the program???

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Is Natalia supposed to portray a male character in whatever the story is? Throughout the program I kept on thinking they are portraying two brothers who are enemies to each other, and Natalia's character is the evil guy and he is the good guy. Anyone knows the story of the program???

Someone said that Natalia's supposed to be portraying his shield? I can see that.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I enjoyed that program! is it me or the stream a bit slow?

Seems fine to me? Although it's not a crisp and clear as other streams from the GP have been for me - but that might just be my Aussie internet.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wow, both the cbc and isu streams are absolutely wretched tonight. They better stabilize in time for ladies or I am going to get pissed...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This must be what other posters feel like when they see the rest of us rave about Jun Hwan's free skate. I...do not like this program.

Ha, I was thinking about Jun Hwan's program....

Honestly I can only love one crazy concept program a year and Jun's got it already. Sorry Z/E.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Wow holy cow, MT/M -- fast SBS spins and so synchronized! They should try doing Stepanova/Bukin's seated twizzles. I think they would be really good at it!!!! [emoji7]