2018 NHK Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Pairs Short Program

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Seems fine to me? Although it's not a crisp and clear as other streams from the GP have been for me - but that might just be my Aussie internet.

it's better now tho I am loving the HD picture quality! I have NBN so may have just had a small glitch?

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Oof. I like MT/M, but that program was a snoozer after the more exciting ones before. Only a couple small errors, but this was an unusually clean SP, so that will have an impact.

Haha, cute wink before starting.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS/Michael MARINARO (CAN)
The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face
her in pink/purple dress with watercolour detailing on skirt, silver sparkles, him in navy skivvy

3Tw
SBS 3T her hand down
BODs
upsy okay that was mildly terrifying I thought she was going to fall off at the start
Th3Lo 2ft
CCoSp
StSq

Not bad!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Moore-Towers had a bit of trouble on the landings: hand-down on the 3T and a brush of the second foot on the landing of the throw. But they had the best side-by-side spin of the group so far. The presentation was pleasant and nice, and that's about it.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Moore-Towers had a bit of trouble on the landings: hand-down on the 3T and a brush of the second foot on the landing of the throw. But they had the best side-by-side spin of the group so far. The presentation was pleasant and nice, and that's about it.
He also smiled like a wolf for the whole program!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, it's over?

Time for a quick lie-down before ladies.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
That actually makes sense, considering how plain (without much shiny or lush decoration vs. his velvet cape) her costume is. If she is supposed to be an object, it should be somewhat lifeless. And then I realize it is terrible in the sense that she is portraying an accessary of his.. How about next time he plays the role of the lady's necklace or scarf;)

Someone said that Natalia's supposed to be portraying his shield? I can see that.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Now....what do I do before the ladies. Cat is fed, breakfast is eaten, coffee is drunk :coffee:

Oh wait, got the scores to process :laugh: see y'all in the ladies thread in 40! I want basically all of them to podium :sad4:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
MT/M make me so nervous. He is getting better but When he lifts her or they go for the 3twist I keep expecting disaster.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wow, both the cbc and isu streams are absolutely wretched tonight. They better stabilize in time for ladies or I am going to get pissed...

NBC Sports Gold was steady as a rock for whole comp. Maybe two.three one second "fuzzies"

gold12345

Medalist
Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpjpn2018/data0303.pdf

Moore-Towers/Marinaro's Th3Lo was clearly and obviously 2 footed yet final GOE was positive and one judge even gave them a +3, what the actual heck.

-2 to +3 range. It doesn't make sense at all. It was very obviously not a +3.

Even Kayne/O'Shea's range on their throw -2 to +1 seems too big. It was a small throw with a hand down. I have trouble justifying +GOE even if the entry into the throw is neat.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmmm. the Knerims and the Chinese looked good. I have to say I dont think Canada is in good shape if this is their best team. MTM needs a good partner. Michael really has improved but this team needs something big tricks and or big p ersonalities/style - they have neither. That was sort of the same with her former partner Dylan Moscovitch but they had more spark, far more power and their elements more difficult and done with much more finesse. This team is doomed for mediocrity and the fact they are barely ahead of the Knerims with a fall speaks volumes. Good on the Knerims for pulling it together.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that the Pairs SP highlights have started on Eurosport 2.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 2 highlights on the Player (starts at 7m 31s. LIVE coverage of Ladies SP at start. Highlights of Ladies SP at 1h 16m 31s. LIVE coverage of Men's SP at 1h 27m 43s):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/figure-skating-grand-prix/ede5e9c7-038e-425d-9123-949360f78874

Starting with the first partnership, so hopefully this is a sign that they will be showing everybody.

EDIT: They did.​

Hope this helps.

CaroLiza_fan

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Wow, Z/E have truly reinvented themselves this season, well done! I hate their costumes, i hope they get new ones for the euro at least....