2018 Skate America Ladies Free Skate | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Ladies Free Skate

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I did worse. 25 points for the win. :laugh:

I think I'd wouldn't take Bradie's issues as nerves or pressure, at least not completely. Both her programs are new stylistically and she is incorporating the new 3Z-3Lo, which is a tough combo to get ratified. I mean honestly, Bradie's been through tougher things, if she could handle being injured for two seasons in a row, she can deal wit this.

It would be great for her to be at all cylinders now, but it is October and her next event isn't until the end of November.

maybe I'll get a medal with 40 :devil:

frida80

Record Breaker
I correctly predicted that Sofia would take bronze! The rest of my predictions - meh.

Sorry for Marin and Starr - not what they are capable of and they both looked so defeated. As Ted says, a bad skate will teach you more than a perfect one.

Congrats to Satoko for defending her title!

You see, this is why Ted so commentate all competitions! That's exactly what he would say!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I did worse. 25 points for the win. :laugh:

I think I'd wouldn't take Bradie's issues as nerves or pressure, at least not completely. Both her programs are new stylistically and she is incorporating the new 3Z-3Lo, which is a tough combo to get ratified. I mean honestly, Bradie's been through tougher things, if she could handle being injured for two seasons in a row, she can deal wit this.

It would be great for her to be at all cylinders now, but it is October and her next event isn't until the end of November.

But you have probably a perfect score in ID so You are 5 pts afloat:laugh:

To be honest, I command Bradie's strive for a challenge and including this combo on full speed in competition without footing around it. But she is a hard worker and will try her best next time, changes in layouts, new programs I guess can really influence the consistence she was known from last season.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
What has judge no.6 smoked? +3's and +4's for Satoko's jumps.

I can't believe this.

Why do I think I could judge better than official judges? Do you guys think the same of yourselves?

They also gave Kaori the +1 for the 3Lz, which I don't necessarily agree with. Only one to not give her a zero or subzero. Moreso I'm ranting about J4 that gave Kaori's 3Lo at 2. She has way too many 2s on her jumps in general.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
What has judge no.6 smoked? +3's and +4's for Satoko's jumps.

I can't believe this.

Why do I think I could judge better than official judges? Do you guys think the same of yourselves?
Her edge jumps are good. Ok, one judge gave the 3Lz-3T a +4, it should never get more than +2 imo, but the loop and the axel were nice.
The 2A-3T was great in fact. Again, I think her jumps look better than ever. I'm glad that the judges obviously agree.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Great skates from the medallists... I feel weird though coz Satoko's program had too much of Kostornaya's last season and Bradie's elements were very similar to Alina's... That is not what the leaders should do...

Um, the only thing connecting Satoko and Alena's programs is Tango music, former has it as FS and using specific arrangement comprising also Four Seasons references, later did SP - different structure, music, attitude altogether, both suiting their performers respectively.

Bradie ups her tech content - if she's going for a combo Alina is known for, what is wrong with it? It should be praised that skaters are challenging themselves technically and aiming to the best/those who are doing the most difficult jump combination. Otherwise, both skaters could not be more different in my opinion.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Satoko, Kaori and Sofia. WOW!!! Top three Ladies were on fire today.

Shout out to Bradie. To bad about her mistake in the SP, it cost her.

SXTN

Final Flight
Sofia's main choreography, same as Liza's, is happening in her face. It's a good way to hide that she has twice as many crossovers as other top ladies. :biggrin:

Joekaz

On the Ice
And she's not the only one.
I dont know why. If you watched the SP the panel was generous to BOTH Kaori and Satoko. She was actually underscored in the PCS. After the skates of each I figured 140-145 for Sakamoto and 145 for Miyahara.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
But you have probably a perfect score in ID so You are 5 pts afloat:laugh:

To be honest, I command Bradie's strive for a challenge and including this combo on full speed in competition without footing around it. But she is a hard worker and will try her best next time, changes in layouts, new programs I guess can really influence the consistence she was known from last season.

Both of her new programs are such an advance over last year it boggles the mind. I :bow: to her.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I just want to underline yet again how cool the crowd was. Those people cheering and screaming of joy at every jump, being loud for each and every one of the skaters. That was something.

Yes and no home cooking. American skating did itself proud as hosts.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I dont know why. If you watched the SP the panel was generous to BOTH Kaori and Satoko. She was actually underscored in the PCS. After the skates of each I figured 140-145 for Sakamoto and 145 for Miyahara.

Maybe because she thought that she would score much less in TES?

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists.

Nobody was gifted any medals. They went out there and earned them by skating brilliantly.

For me the highlight was Kaori Sakamoto. I was really, really moved by her program.

She definitely pressed all the right buttons for me.

Loved the program. Loved Kaori.

----

Just on a side note, I was really impressed at the improvement in Satoko Miyahara's jumps.

Yes, they still don't get much height, but she has somehow found a way to get them around much better. And they don't seem "forced" to me anymore, either. I am duly impressed.

And a big :hap10: to Sofia for making a HUGE impact in her senior debut.
I really didn't know much about her coming in to this competition.
I sure know who she is now!!!!

lusk8

Record Breaker
Now onto the Gala, I love EX, this should be fun. Satoko has a great EX line up up her sleeve.

Congratulations to the medalists, super happy for Satoko and Kaori, great Free Skates from both today.

What a great competition! I envy all the fans who got to see it in person. To me, nit-picking aside, I can't find anything wrong with the placements. The top three were wonderful. Megan Wessenberg did well. I also liked Alaine Chartrand's effort. She ;left a lot of points on the table, but gave a nice performance, IMHO.

Marin and Starr: Sell it, sell it, sell it! Fall, what fall? I didn't see any falls, did you?