2018 US Championships Jr. Ladies FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Jr. Ladies FS

Scout

Final Flight
Actually, all these girl were on the podium at novice last year too! That’s Talent!

Hanna got pewter this year, but was 6th last year. And Angelina, 7th this year, won novice last year.

8 of these girls competed novice last year. I wish some of the novice programs were on YT, so I could see the growth over a year.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So where does Liu go from here? No JPG next season because she's to young and i can't see her skating against the Seniors at next years Nationals she will be only 13 but she's already won the Junior title.

synteis

Medalist
I think you mean 2013 Worlds. And I think both the previous FS cosume and the choreo is inspired by Yuna's Les Mis program, it's heartwarming to see. ;)

Gosh, I have the tab open in this very window so you think I'd have checked first, I'm always horrible with dates. Thanks for the correction and lovely to hear that the choreo had some references to Yuna's program.

frida80

Record Breaker
So where does Liu go from here? No JPG next season because she's to young and i can't see her skating against the Seniors at next years Nationals she will be only 13 but she's already won the Junior title.

The same as Nathan, I suppose. Focus on improving her skills and USFS will give her Adv. novice comps next year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh that’s right! She’s had a stellar year. I hope she uses this disapointment to push her next year. She really is talented.

Yeah. She got a lot of good experience this year. She's still young.

Scout

Final Flight

I wonder if she could get an international assignment at the Novice level. Canada's Stephen Gogolev was in the same situation a year ago. He did Bavarian Open as a novice and is competing as a senior at 12. And Michelle Kwan took her seniors test at 12.

synteis

Medalist

It's a good question and one I imagine her coach and family are considering very carefully. Maybe the extra time will allow her to experiment and further develop her personal style.

macy

Record Breaker

I don't think there would be any harm staying junior again, as young as she is. then next year she can have her first international assignments and really work on components before she goes senior. i think it would be good prep for a future at senior.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm so glad I went to this event, I wasn't following novice closely last year so had a lot of wonderful new discoveries here. Of course there was Alysa, who was so exciting to watch (and had the whole arena behind her).

Ting and Pooja both had high, confident jumps and really stood out amongst the field. I thought Hanna had a great performance too, even with a fall right on the music.

Country
Russia
Alysa Liu - I watched video of her skating at regionals.
And what I want to say - wow, really wow.
I've seen alive most of best Russian Junior ladies and can say - Alysa is of their level.

Country
Russia
I'm so glad I went to this event, I wasn't following novice closely last year so had a lot of wonderful new discoveries here. Of course there was Alysa, who was so exciting to watch (and had the whole arena behind her).
I believe Alysa is better than Bradie Tennell, and afaik there is no age limits for Seniors in USA, so I want to see her competing in Seniors at next US Championships.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It really is a shame that Alysa cannot participate in international juniors next season, because she clearly has more than enough talent and ability to do so already. On the other hand, an additional season during which she might also take part in some international Advanced Novice competitions will make her even more ready for the 2019-2020 JGP circuit. It'll be interesting to see what the state of juniors is at that time and whether she'll actually be a favorite to medal(Or more?) at the big international junior events.

notonmylife15

On the Ice
I believe Alysa is better than Bradie Tennell, and afaik there is no age limits for Seniors in USA, so I want to see her competing in Seniors at next US Championships.

There aren't (or at least there weren't) age limits, but Alysa does NOT need to rush. I look at her and I desperately want her to have time to develop as a skate, not be pushed to senior to compete there for a few years before she can do anything international.

I'm tired of watching skaters show up at the international level and peak at age 15 and then go down hill. Medvedeva is the only Russian who's been able to hold a "peak" so far. In the meantime, skaters like Lipnitskaya, Radianova and Tutimysheva (sp) have one good year and they are done.

Figure skating should NOT be the race to the top that gymnastics is.

synteis

Medalist
There aren't (or at least there weren't) age limits, but Alysa does NOT need to rush. I look at her and I desperately want her to have time to develop as a skate, not be pushed to senior to compete there for a few years before she can do anything international.

I'm tired of watching skaters show up at the international level and peak at age 15 and then go down hill. Medvedeva is the only Russian who's been able to hold a "peak" so far. In the meantime, skaters like Lipnitskaya, Radianova and Tutimysheva (sp) have one good year and they are done.

Figure skating should NOT be the race to the top that gymnastics is.

I definitely agree. I'd love to see her have a long and healthy career.