in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Additional info on how awesome Team Australia is:

Andrew is still in freestyle boots and BLADES. :eek:

ChanClan

On the Ice
"As a French Canadian, I definitely believe, without any doubt, she said "ils sont fous" as in "they are going crazy". I'm a big fan of Virtuemoir over them but come on. That's not what she said."

This is one of the responses on that thread ^

I don't speak french so I don't know. There are also a lot of people saying they are French and that they are definitely saying what the tweet says so... just thought it would be interesting to talk about.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada

after several listens, i'm thinking "ils sont fous" as well
but with the noise and stuff it's easy to hear it as "on s'en fout" especially if i was told that in the first place. it's easily mishearable, especially since it's not super clear with just one listen (but maybe to a native speaker? but the two phrases still sound similar especially the last two words)

LandShark

Rinkside
Obviously P/C were on a different level to everyone else yesterday, but I thought that W/P were great. Best SD of the season from them.

I'll be rooting for both these couples today. Interested to see if H/D can finally get the job done.

Always have enjoyed Gilles Poirier, but found yesterday's Latin surprisingly lacking excitement.

Well performed, clean technically but dull by their standards. Usually expect more pizzazz.

auser

Record Breaker
You are welcome:) I just went back to the IceTalk Olympic Review just to check the context. ;)
http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk
" ... Maddie and Zack as they have done in the past they over-danced (sorry not over-skated), got too excited, and maddie-and-zached(it becomes a verb). They were so good at Nationals. And we know how good they can be... "

I assume they were overjoyed at the moment and lost their control?
:agree: Thank you for the info and reference :thank:. I remember when Zack seemed to get overamped(my description) during twizzles at last years worlds FD, seemed to lose control and fall. I remember them saying in an NBCSN Olympic Ice interview that working with a performance coach helped them move to the next level this season after last years worlds experience. So hopefully they will be able to keep working to make their performances even more consistent going forward.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

She said "Tout le monde s'en fout", the "Tout le monde" was cut by the sound. Meaning they got up and waved, and probably as the next shot on TV showed, everybody was getting up leaving while they were waving so she said that.

I don't really see anything interesting, except Gaby being Gaby. :shrug: Next time, those twitter people might want to ask French people (or Canadian-French) for translation. I don't really see what this post has to do with the SD from yesterday though.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
wow, the videos were already removed from YT, great promotion for figure skating just after Olympics :rolleye:, in some way S/B´ video survived https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UajEz4SE_ZA

Wow, they clearly did an extra lift... you'd think Anna&Luca last year at Europeans would have make people extra careful but it was really obvious. Lucky for them it was after the right lift otherwise it would have been disastrous.

markovai

Rinkside
First time watching Markova / Daze that represent Bulgaria :) They are nice, but somewhat slow and she needs to improve a lot when it comes to skating skills. Rhumba pattern small & rough. But most things that they wanted to do went according to their plan.

Sorry, but right now, at this moment, the last thing you can reproach to this girl is the lack of skating skills. The opposite - she has amazing skating skills that allowed her (only 9 months after she switched from singles at international and junior world level to ice dances and found a partner) to be at the Worlds in ice dance, and to look she really belongs there. She passed her USA Senior MIF test that reflects skating skills at the age of 11 (eleven). Lack of experience in ice dances and skating with a partner, a lot of work to do on presentation, synchronization, polishing, finishing the elements - yes, I agree. But making the points for Europeans (and even for Worlds in the long program) at their first official competition ever (5 months after they first met) is an amazing achievement proving technical skills. So the main skating skills for this level are there, and you will definitely see a lot of improvement and hear more about them in the future.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Finally had time to watch sd. (Don’t know final ID results yet, trying to stay away from spoilers, LOL.) Was happy to see such great skating from all the top ten teams post Olys. I was so enthralled by Gaby and Guillaume’s performance that I replayed it three times in a row! :luv17: Loved Madi and Zach’s performance, I think that may have been their best of the season, like P/C. Piper and Paul stood out to me too as usual. However, was sad for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc, am hoping they had a redemptive fd w their beautiful Liebestraum program.