2019-20 Japanese Men's Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese Men's Figure Skating

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's pretty funny how the JSF forbids the crowd from giving Hanyu his well deserved post-performance golden shower.

Ummmm... not the best choice of phrasing, lol. :laugh2: Although showered with Pooh isn’t much better!

Awesome skates by Hanyu and Uno!

Any idea of why Uno keeps doing a 4-2 as his combo... he might as well do a 3F+3T instead if he’s going to deliberately double, which is what that looked like in the SP.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It's pretty funny how the JSF forbids the crowd from giving Hanyu his well deserved post-performance golden shower.

I guess they think the next competitor deserves to be able to begin their program on schedule also. (Or Fuji TV thinks they should be able to begin their commercial break on schedule).

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I guess they think the next competitor deserves to be able to begin their program on schedule also. (Or Fuji TV thinks they should be able to begin their commercial break on schedule).

If that's the case, then they should allow it today, since Hanyu is the final skater.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
When is it starting today???

I'm in this for Shun!

And to make sure Shoma looks happy again. Haha I'm an idiot. I've never liked Shoma but I was so sad for him during the GP, I now keep an eye on him hoping to see him happy again. His SP was so lovely and it was so good to see him happy.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Daisuke will skate around 6:45pm local time. Shoma will be around 8:45pm, and Hanyu around 9.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I can't believe nobody predicted the Uno/Hanyu/Kagiyama podium. The only reason I didn't do the prediction game was because I thought the result was too obvious to be a challenge.

skatenewbie

Medalist
I can't believe nobody predicted the Uno/Hanyu/Kagiyama podium. The only reason I didn't do the prediction game was because I thought the result was too obvious to be a challenge.
given the circumstances i dont think people thought Shoma would win over Hanyu. Hanyu GPF performance is not that bad either.

By the way will JSF send Yuma to 4CC at least? He compete as senior in Challenge Cup last season, i guess he have senior TES min right?

readernick

Medalist

������ Same....... . Japanese nationals was exciting, heart warming and heartbreaking......... all at once

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Congratulations to Shoma! Is this his first win head to head with Yuzuru? Either way, this must be such a great accomplishment at this point for Shoma, and I'm sincerely so happy for him! As for Yuzuru, I wonder how he is feeling and what he may be thinking? What do any of think of this??? I'm very curious.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Keiji should go to Worlds. Kazuki had a great skate, but the short cost him. Koshiro, idk what's happening with him, Sota also not up to par. The japanese senior men should watch out, since Yuma's and Shun's tech was so good. It's getting busy for these spots as soon as they leave juniors (perhaps next season?), after there was a bit of a draught for a few years.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Shoma! Is this his first win head to head with Yuzuru? Either way, this must be such a great accomplishment at this point for Shoma, and I'm sincerely so happy for him! As for Yuzuru, I wonder how he is feeling and what he may be thinking? What do any of think of this??? I'm very curious.

Yes it is their first head to head win (in a full competition).

I’m sure Hanyu is feeling disappointed and maybe a bit shocked - I mean making errors on 6 out of 7 jumping passes is very uncharacteristic... and this was on home ice too. He should move on from this and work towards Worlds and focus on positives like his strong SP. I did like the intensity he brought to his FS this time around at the start but the errors started also compromising the performance. Just a really bad day at the office.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Anybody know the alternates for 4CC and Worlds?

I posted under the discussion of Nationals:

Team Japan for WC

Men: Uno, Hanyu, Tanaka (Alt 1: Tomono; Alt 2: Yamamoto)
Ladies: Kihira, Higuchi, Miyahara (Alt 1: Sakamoto; Alt 2: Yokoi)
Pair: Miura/Kihara
Dance: Komatsubara/Toleto

Team Japan for 4CC

Men: Uno, Hanyu, Kagiyama (Alt 1: Tomono; Alt 2: Yamamoto)
Ladies: Kihira, Higuchi, Sakamoto,(Alt 1: Yokoi; Alt 2: Honda)
Dance: Komatsubara/Toleto (*more teams may be added when the minimum score requirement is cleared)

Gabby30

On the Ice
I posted under the discussion of Nationals:

Team Japan for WC

Men: Uno, Hanyu, Tanaka (Alt 1: Tomono; Alt 2: Yamamoto)
Ladies: Kihira, Higuchi, Miyahara (Alt 1: Sakamoto; Alt 2: Yokoi)
Dance: Komatsubara/Toleto

Team Japan for 4CC

Men: Uno, Hanyu, Kagiyama (Alt 1: Tomono; Alt 2: Yamamoto)
Ladies: Kihira, Higuchi, Sakamoto,(Alt 1: Yokoi; Alt 2: Honda)
Dance: Komatsubara/Toleto (*more teams may be added when the minimum score requirement is cleared)

This is just wrong. Why sending a junior to 4CC and Yuzuru's decision to go to 4CC is just selfish.
At least Kazuki and Sota now know that their federation hates them.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Very happy for Shoma! He deserved that title.

Disappointed for Yuzu, but he was far from his best and clearly very very tired.

Extremely confused that he's going to 4CC or can he decline this? He obviously needs some rest and I don't think him going to 4CC is necessary.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is just wrong. Why sending a junior to 4CC and Yuzuru's decision to go to 4CC is just selfish.
Yuma is the national bronze medalist, and has been very consistent this season. He earned that 4CC ticket.

How is it selfish for Yuzuru to (apparently) take an assignment he earned, and when the federation and fans want him to go?

Extremely confused that he's going to 4CC or can he decline this? He obviously needs some rest and I don't think him going to 4CC is necessary.
He can certainly decline it, but I imagine he’d have indicated beforehand if he didn’t want to go.

4CC isn’t until February, so he’s got some time to take a clearly-needed break even if he goes.