2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Red shoes is one of my all time favorite movies. But I think that its musical score is too difficult for figure skating interpretation.

You're right, it's really long. I guess i was thinking it would be possible to adapt it with Daniil style music cuts, although that might or might not work very well :laugh:

Even with different music, it would be very interesting to see that story and character on the ice...

It's one of my all time favorite movies too! :luv17:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Oh, ok then... I just supposed that you would only use the shortened version with friends, family, children or just someone you appreciate but not anyone
In Russian for the majority of names there are "official" short forms that are not really affectionate per se. Only rarely one would be referred to by their full first name and it is quite a formal way of address, commonly used instead of name-patronymic for younger people these days. Russians would never call Mishin "Alyosha" even on a forum, only "Aleksei Nikolaevich" or "Mishin". But they don't refer to a skater as Alexander any more than they would refer to him by a name and patronymic. But if someone is taking an interview and they are not on familiar terms with the skater, then they may address him as "Alexander" and the "polite plural", unless that Alexander is still a child.

On the other hand, you don't put "Sasha" on the birth certificate of your child, it has to be Alexander. It is not forbidden by law these days at least, it's just not a done thing in Russia.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
How about people who are half russian and half foreign? Like Diana Davis, Eteri's daughter. Would she use her name with patronymic in Russia?
I had to look it up, but Diana's patronymic is a very Russian Sergeevna. Of course nobody calls her that yet, but she is jokingly referred to as "Diana Eterievna" as a reference to her mother's clout and the role it plays in advancing her career. That happens to other people with famous mothers and obscure fathers too.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Video guys cut the broadcasting short.

But according to few videos on instagram Sasha had landed 4Lz-3T-Eu-3S-Eu-3S-Eu-3S-Eu-3S

Base value: 34.90 ;)
I know it.
They say there was quad battle between Sasha and Grassl - attempts of parallel 4Lz - lots of pops and falls too. I am interested to watch it as well.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I know it.
They say there was quad battle between Sasha and Grassl - attempts of parallel 4Lz - lots of pops and falls too. I am interested to watch it as well.
We can only hope for instram or twitter users for that video content.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I know it.

Of course those bright young guns couldn't resist to battle it out between themselves ;-) Quads aren't easy on the men also, so after probably five attempts is was called a truce to prevent somebody from getting reckless, tired or injured??

SkateSkates

Medalist
New Alena Kostornaia interview (translated to English in the comments). https://www.instagram.com/p/BxFBjUanh9C/?igshid=1dd1jcaca7wcz

She wants to skate to more aggressive music in the future and she mentioned her new LP is closer to her character so I wonder what it will be (I’m still hoping for Aranjuez). With the recent program announcements by her training mates maybe we will get confirmation from Alena soon!

Do you guys think that it will be possible that in the future, RusFed will enforce that Russian coaches cannot teach other nationality skaters again? I know they had that rule leading up to Sochi, which was a special occasion. And that's why Elizabet had to leave. But after Sochi, I don't think it was too much a big deal. But now since Elizabet is such a huge contender and could be serious competition for the other Russian skaters, do you guys think it would ever happen again?

I think RusFed was probably happy about Worlds, since they went 1-3. And 2 was not RUS but a student of one of their top (if not the top) coaches. Nevermind the fact that gold was from that same coach and bronze was formerly with that coach. But going forward, Elizabet did prevent them from going 1-2 which was veryyy close. And she could prevent that in future competitions, especially if she goes clean and if any of the future Russian skaters do not. Now that she is serious competition, do you think RusFed could come up with a similar rule like the Sochi one again?

Also are Elizabet and Morisi the only skaters with that team that are representing other countries?

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Do you guys think that it will be possible that in the future, RusFed will enforce that Russian coaches cannot teach other nationality skaters again? I know they had that rule leading up to Sochi, which was a special occasion. And that's why Elizabet had to leave. But after Sochi, I don't think it was too much a big deal. But now since Elizabet is such a huge contender and could be serious competition for the other Russian skaters, do you guys think it would ever happen again?

I think RusFed was probably happy about Worlds, since they went 1-3. And 2 was not RUS but a student of one of their top (if not the top) coaches. Nevermind the fact that gold was from that same coach and bronze was formerly with that coach. But going forward, Elizabet did prevent them from going 1-2 which was veryyy close. And she could prevent that in future competitions, especially if she goes clean and if any of the future Russian skaters do not. Now that she is serious competition, do you think RusFed could come up with a similar rule like the Sochi one again?

Also are Elizabet and Morisi the only skaters with that team that are representing other countries?

As I remember, not RusFed but Ministry of Sport initiated decision to forbid to train foreigners, will they do it again is unpredictable I think

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I’m actually sad that Polina Tsurskaya isn’t guaranteed any spots on the GP. I loved her GoT SP and last season was just horrible for her (maybe because Buyanova wasn’t much help). She posted on her IG story and tagged some other coach team called @buttons_team. Maybe she changed from Buyanova, because Buyanova lost her skills after Adelina won gold at Sochi. I just hopes she skates pain-free.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Yes. Lilbet beating Russian girls with her quads when she's actually a Russian girl herself will really annoy millions of people. EG was ecstatic when Elizabet got silver over Medvedeva at worlds. But if that happens at the Olympics or another World Championships a lot of people are going to be annoyed and frustrated. And what is to our other three Russian girls rank 6 to 10 among the Russian girls go to other countries and then beat Russian girls in Grand Prix events and Europeans etc etc etc. It's entirely possible and that would be frustrating too.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
They may have to live with it though, because there is too many stars in the same age group, and all of them face the question of either outdoing themselves to keep in the top three nationally, or taking a penalty for switching the flag and being pretty much guaranteed placement in Olympics for a smaller country who’d have them. A lot of them are young enough to be able to afford it.

I mean, Lukashenko openly issued an invitation at the EUC.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

That “prevented going 1-2, and went 1-3” is a word-to-word citation from some notorious gossipers :D lol nvm :D

Well, they didn’t do it, when Tarasova coached Mao and Sasha Cohen, and lead them to wins against Russian ladies. They didn’t do it when Carolina was coached by Mishin and prevented Sotskova making it to European podium, all whilst Liza was struggling at home.

Why now? Because it’s Eteri? Because it never mattered when other Russian coaches in figure skating or any other sports did it, only matters if it’s someone people love to hate.

Eteri isn’t going to deal with these sorts of artificial barriers again I think. Back in 2013-2014 not only Sochi was a politically important project, so it was a one off kind of a situation, but also Eteri wasn’t a top coach back then, she had some success, but she wasn’t someone who she is today.
Let me tell ya, now that she proved herself, she is the one who’s opinion matters now, and I don’t feel like she is someone, who rusfed would just ignore.