2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 539 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Giltedge

Final Flight
Sofiya S is entered in the Ice Star CS Senior Event, Minsk, Fri 18th to Sun 20th October.

A good opportunity for us to see how she is progressing this season.

Of interest among the field is the Italian Alessia Tornaghi, who did so well recently at :scratch2: [remind me please]

Giltedge

Final Flight
A reminder about Ice Star 2019, Minsk, 14th to 17th October (Junior and Novice Event)

Junior Ladies Short Programme 16th Oct,
Freeskate Programme 17th Oct

Anastasiya Sh (snowleopard, representing Ukr) should handle this well.
Will be interesting to attend to her and perhaps see her airing her Triple Axel.
The two Russian juniors, Kamila Sultanmagomedova and Angelina Chaplygina may challenge for the other medals.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
How awkward. Seriously, no adults should be down at the boards giving flowers or getting selfies. I'm heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow and I am dying to see Anna Shcherbakova en live. But seriously, I'm a middle aged guy and I'd never consider getting a selfie with her. I feel weird enough being a fan of all these underage girls. I'm also gay, so the creepy factor isn't as much, I just appreciate great skating, but still I feel a bit awkward that I follow all these young skaters. But if you are not a teen, do not hug a teen. Leave them be. How awkward for Alyona. I think security should only let the kids go down to give flowers and get pics. I can't believe they don't already. That video was disturbing. That should not be happening.

With Anna and Aleksandra now out in competitions all over the world, and many more very young skaters to come, with Alyona back home being debriefed this incident will be evaluated. No doubt FFKKR and Khrustalniy will given appropriate directives or even orders or take measures to prevent this from happening again.
Even if it means restraining their skaters from unsupervised, unguarded mass audience interaction: safety first.
Too much is at stake to risk even the smallest scratch, the smallest puff of some substance, a push or pull or contact with unsavoury audience coughing in their faces.

No problem with children approaching these young skaters, adults should hand over their gifts to some trainer or ask for attention first.

Scott512

Record Breaker
How awkward. Seriously, no adults should be down at the boards giving flowers or getting selfies. I'm heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow and I am dying to see Anna Shcherbakova en live. But seriously, I'm a middle aged guy and I'd never consider getting a selfie with her. I feel weird enough being a fan of all these underage girls. I'm also gay, so the creepy factor isn't as much, I just appreciate great skating, but still I feel a bit awkward that I follow all these young skaters. But if you are not a teen, do not hug a teen. Leave them be. How awkward for Alyona. I think security should only let the kids go down to give flowers and get pics. I can't believe they don't already. That video was disturbing. That should not be happening.
. You make many pertinent points Liam I just don't think the adult males should be crowding around these tiny young ladies it could be very intimidating to them as well. and unless it's a father grandfather or uncle or cousin they probably don't want any adult males around them anyway.

Grin

Medalist
With Anna and Aleksandra now out in competitions all over the world, and many more very young skaters to come, with Alyona back home being debriefed this incident will be evaluated. No doubt FFKKR and Khrustalniy will given appropriate directives or even orders or taken measures to prevent this from happening again.
Even if it means restraining their skaters from unsupervised, unguarded mass audience interaction: safety first.
Too much is at stake to risk even the smallest scratch, the smallest puff of some substance or contact with unsavoury audience coughing in their faces.

No problem with children approaching these young skaters, adults should hand over their gifts to some trainer or ask for attention first.

After the test skates in Moscow Alena and Anna where standing 5 meters away from me, they were giving autographs and there were plenty of guards nearby. I thought then it was too many guards around. But now I changed my mind. I don’t want anything bad happen to these girls.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I heard she blocked him on social media...
I hope so but very sad that Alena has to have this nonsense in her life from some old man saying he's her husband or something. So sorry she has to face this hopefully she can block it out like she can block him on Twitter or Instagram or whatever it is. I've gone through strange feelings like this with my stepdaughter a few years ago like who was paying attention to her social media and how much older we're the guys and all that stuff. It's very concerning and frustrating and I hope Alenas coaches and family have this situation under control so she can do what she does best which is perform. And if this older man if you will need some kind of counseling or emotional or mental help I hope he gets that. I'm hoping he's not dangerous at all.

That would go a little too far I guess, we don’t want to discriminate the whole male species because of a few individuals, do we? :D I don’t know what this particular man does in his free time (if it’s true that Alena already noticed some of his behavior online I do hope that she indeed reported him to the organizers) but what he did in this video is inappropriate, it didn’t look like he asked her for that hug, that’s really the least you should do in general, no matter your age and gender, and accept a no. Reminds me of when a guy tried to kiss Evgenia on the cheek during a signing, some people found it cute, probably because he looked around the same age as her and she handled it gracefully, but it freaked me out. Just don't touch anyone without their consent. :roll5:
So well said. Eloquent and sensible. I remember that Zhenya getting smooched incident too. SMH. She handled it so well but it was quite disturbing. Again I hope wherever these girls and ladies perform there is proper security for them because they need to focus on what they do and that is perform and thrill people.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Sofiya S is entered in the Ice Star CS Senior Event, Minsk, Fri 18th to Sun 20th October.

Of interest among the field is the Italian Alessia Tornaghi, who did so well recently at :scratch2: [remind me please]

...at JGP Egna/Neumarkt

Fluture

Record Breaker
Is it just me or this old guy is creepy? Alena looks very uncomfortable.
https://twitter.com/tikudzi/status/1183713213281656832?s=19

That‘s beyond messed up. Seriously. Aliona is 16!!! And he’s writing about Aliona being his wife on his social media and posting pictures of him kissing a picture of Aliona. That guy should be blocked from attending figure skating competitions altogether. Aliona looked so lost and uncomfortable. I know part of being a celebrity is dealing with crazy fans but this goes way too far. She‘s still a child!

oh yeah the 49 TES, right?
I mean, we all know Medvedeva is overscored, but so is Konstantinova domestically. And while rusfed obviously has to report on the project, I am not at all confident in their abilities of pushing another russian cup final this year.

Medvedeva had about 70 TES at her only Challenger Event, ACI. Shanghai Trophy was an invitational event and she was sick there and hadn‘t done a runthrough in two weeks. Her Challenger score is higher than Tuktamysheva‘s.

Besides “we all know Medvedeva is overscored“... well, lol. She certainly had occasions were she got too many points but you‘re acting as if she was the only of the Russian girls this happened with (oh, no, I forgot, evil Konstantinova as well) The only appropriate reaction to that is: :rofl:

And idk what you try to say about another Russian Cup Final. That was a special case last year and there weren‘t as many contenders for the three spots as there are now. RusFed has a chance to sweep the Worlds podium, they never really had that before. They‘re not going to give that up to push someone else. In the end what they care about are medals. When they pushed Konstantinova for Worlds there was no girl that could have had a chance at a medal. They didn’t care whether the third girl would end up in the top 10 or not because they thought Zagitova and Sotskova were more than enough to keep the 3 spots. And Medvedeva last year... well, you can say she was pushed but she ended up bringing home a medal. So, that argument doesn‘t count. Rusfed wants to earn medals and they’re going to push whoever will bring them.

Giltedge

Final Flight

Of interest among the field is the Italian Alessia Tornaghi, who did so well recently at :scratch2: [FONT=&quot][remind me please][/FONT]

...at JGP Egna/Neurmarkt

Oh yes, how could I...
Thank you

macy

Record Breaker
https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/12726-isu-events-live-on-youtube?templateParam=15

Is this real? :eeking::yahoo:

According to this, ISU will livestream the senior GP on YouTube. We get to see all of the girls without trying all kinds of bad streams.
(I know I'm late to the party because it came out a few hours ago but this is some good news. :love: )

wow this is huge!!! i am SO happy the ISU is doing something to increase viewership for senior events. how exciting!!! :love:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
“Duels between Zagitova and Medvyedeva are a thing of the past. The National Team has many athletes capable of winning. ” What to expect from the Grand Prix series

There is little time remaining before the start of the “Grand Prix” stages. Russian athletes have already managed to perform in B tournaments and made several sensations at once. 1999 World Champion Mariya Butyrskaya and European Championship medalist Viktoriya Butsayeva shared their impressions with Team Russia.

Alexandra Trusova updated world records and performed four quadruple jumps in her free program, now her technical base has reached crazy values. Anna Shcherbakova does not lag behind her. The athlete went down in history as the first to perform the quadruple Lutz in senior competitions. Alyona Kostornaya finally jumped the triple Axel in a tournament, and now her programs are the perfect combination of sophisticated technique with amazing expressiveness of skating. All three skaters won their first senior starts, and made it clear that an incredibly exciting season awaits us.

Girls whose names have long been known to fans will fight with them. Amongst them is the owner of all the titles in figure skating - Alina Zagitova. The Olympic champion of Pyeongchang 2018 has made great progress in terms of skating and interpreting the image on ice. She demonstrates beautiful feminine skating, and even when only a cascade of a triple Lutz-triple Rittberger is the most difficult element in her arsenal, one shouldn't think that younger teammates will easily beat her at the starts.

Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva did not sit idle over the summer. Alexey Mishin’s pupil added another triple Axel to her free program, and although she lost the full-on confrontation with Kostornaya, she’s not going to give up and plans to learn a quad. However, even without this, Lisa has a good chance of winning prizes at the Grand Prix.

Yevgeniya Medvyedeva, although she won the tournament in Shanghai, did so very unconvincingly. With clean skating for generous “pluses,” she may well be competitive, although it will be very difficult for her to compete with Trusova, with whom she will perform at her stages in Moscow and Canada.

Mariya BUTYRSKAYA: It is possible to fight with Trusova, otherwise everyone should best be quitting figure skating

“ Our team is represented by unique girls,” Butyrskaya believes. - In most cases, they will fight for the highest places. And this tough competition within the team is good - one can replace the other in terms of the final result.

- Can we expect a finals, where only athletes from Russia will compete?

“ It could very well be. There is no person who can really intervene in this struggle. Rika Kihira, if very lucky, will be able to make it to the finals in the Grand Prix, and our girls will win the rest of the places. There is still Elisabet Tursynbayeva, the second place at the World Cup - which is serious. But she is not quite in shape, will skip the first stages. If she can recover, she will be a serious contender.

- Former juniors have already completed their first senior starts. Do you think that at the stages of the Grand Prix, the judges will reward them generously or keep the components down at first?

" All judges know Trusova, she is already a champion in women's single skating, although it is clear by components she'll be losing to girls like Zhenya, Lisa, Alina. Zagitova is now generally one of the strongest in this regard. But four quadruple jumps ... For me, it’s a mystery how she does this. Very cool! And due to this, she will collect very big scores."

- Alina Zagitova and Alyona Kostornaya will perform at stages in Japan and France. Are they the best in the team, if we consider the expressiveness of skating?

" Alena has a very feminine, beautiful style skating, an adult style. This is not typical of former juniors, usually they first enter the elite of female skating and only then begin to add. Kostornaya will definitely have good components right away."

" It is difficult to compete with Alina, she has so many titles, she deserves the good attitude of the judges. At the same time, she started the season so well - excellent Open Test Skates, performed beautifully at Japan open. And it does not give herself slack! She has a very strong program: not a single empty place, difficult entries, exits, transition into transition. It is very harmonious, even without quadruples, you look at her program and think that maybe they aren't even needed."

- Are Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva’s programs on par with girls from the Tutberidze group or weaker, even despite the triple Axels?

" Lisa is a smart girl who didn't stand still, she inserted a second Axel into her program. If she will perform the triple Axel solo and in cascade, the technical assessment will be high."

- Aleksandra Trusova - the main favorite of this season? Is it possible to get around her when she performs four quadruples in one program?

" It will be difficult to fight with her, everyone understands this very well. If Sasha will skate cleanly, the rest should make no mistakes at all. It is also necessary to do everything at the highest levels, both sequences and spins, to earn maximum rewards from the judges on their triples. But I can’t say that Trusova is currently the national team leader. She is smart, but you can fight with her, otherwise everyone would have finished figure skating. Everyone will work, try, look for their own advantages. And everyone has them. Trusova's are her quads, but the others will have to show something."

" I wish the girls good luck, patience, they are our best. Well done, they breathed new life into figure skating. Our sport began to die, and now not only in our country it is fashionable and popular, the whole world is watching. And if earlier it was a duel between Zagitova and Medvyedeva, now we admire all the skaters.

Viktoriya BUTSAYEVA: In the Russian Team there is no default leader

- Do we currently have a leader in the women's team?

" We have already seen the girls at the Open Test Skates, their first starts. Trusova, Kostornaya, Shcherbakova, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva - all of them are able to win. It seems wrong to single out someone alone. Each is good in her own way.

- And Yevgeniya Medvyedeva? How can she compete?

" Only if she will show her programs as cleanly as possible. Yevgeniya Medvyedeva has a name, that nevertheless will work for her. If Zhenya does what she can, she will be competitive."

- Some foreign athletes can spoil the cards tof our athletes?

" No."

- And Rika Kihira?

“ Not even she. If the girls will skate as they can, they have no one to fear."

- How are things with the men?

" Pretty good. Dmitriy Aliyev skated well in the Lombardia Trophy, showing a quad Lutz and het put together the rest of his program. Sasha Samarin also has strong elements. When they go for it, they will be able to fight with the world leaders. First need to watch how the season goes, and then draw conclusions."

(c) Anastasiya Zavyalova
-----
From: https://teamrussia.pro/olimpijskij-...bnyh-pobezhdat-chego-zhdat-ot-serii-gran-pri/

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States

Even as a woman in her early 20s, I'd also feel really awkward being down by the boards asking a teenage skater for a selfie or an autograph, let alone a hug. I think throwing plushies/little gifts or waving a sign or flag in support of a skater are both totally acceptable things for an adult fan to do, but in my opinion some of the more personal stuff crosses a line. I'm glad that Alena stood up for herself and reported this stalker, but she shouldn't have to be subjected to this kind of behavior. I hope her team and support system keep a close watch on who is interacting with her, and encourage her to set boundaries in terms of what she's ok with and what she isn't. Her safety is way more important than having to be polite to some creep.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Even as a woman in her early 20s, I'd also feel really awkward being down by the boards asking a teenage skater for a selfie or an autograph, let alone a hug. I think throwing plushies/little gifts or waving a sign or flag in support of a skater are both totally acceptable things for an adult fan to do, but in my opinion some of the more personal stuff crosses a line. I'm glad that Alena stood up for herself and reported this stalker, but she shouldn't have to be subjected to this kind of behavior. I hope her team and support system keep a close watch on who is interacting with her, and encourage her to set boundaries in terms of what she's ok with and what she isn't. Her safety is way more important than having to be polite to some creep.

Some basic self defence lessons wouldn't go amiss either, and Zheleznyakov can make a good number of lessons incorporating self defence and dance into the physical exercises both fun and educational for the young skaters, boys and girls. Knowing you're able to defend yourself gives you courage, more knowledge and incentive on how to escape situations like these, give you insight in detecting strange movement and malign intentions in the crowd surrounding you.

Ask Mr Trusov over to help and instruct in these lessons ;-)

Azikin

Medalist

Azikin

Medalist
Or the fact that no matter what happens in her future career, she is a two time World Champion and Olympic silver medalist. That hardly constitutes "B list"

Yeah? And Leonova is a silver world medalist. That hardly constitutes "C list". ;)

starla16

Medalist
Almost as strange as seeing a lost Medvedeva in the same video as 4A, Tuktamysheva and the rest of the Tutberidze Team, including juniors and children. The differences of TES are abysmal. Medvedeva is group B.

the A Class, B List and C Rate skaters are grouped according to their scoring potential
Medvedeva has socred 210+ above so all in A List are still podium contenders regardless of their TES capabilities.

There is a difference still with Medevedeva, Konstantinova and Sotkova
which you can distinguish immediately as A Class, a B list and a C rate skater.