2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 552 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Did you guys actually watch Elizaveta skate? There are so many improvements to be done. That team only has themselves to blame. Last year they could get away with just the jumps, but this year they have to bring like 150% more.

She is making the effort, but she can't escape the underscored...

they will once Liu goes seniors just watch lol

First she should have a minimally decent quadruple, however, with everything and overscored she will never beat a russian without 3A or quads like Sinitsyna. Already defeating the russian quadster is pure utopia.

starla16

Medalist
Did you guys actually watch Elizaveta skate? There are so many improvements to be done. That team only has themselves to blame. Last year they could get away with just the jumps, but this year they have to bring like 150% more.

its more like the judges are giving her a signal, we dont need you anymore you are "washed up" from 2014 Sochi Era
you may have 3A but you lack the skating skills, transitions and other PCS requirements.

I would be dejected if I was Liza

colormyworld240

Medalist
Liza makes me so upset. I just don't understand why she's and her team is doing this layout. You can't control what the judges do, you don't have the SS, spins, or artistry that others have. What you do have are some of the best jumps in the world, and two 3As. Why are there still two 2As in the program when you can replace them with triples. Why are you doing a +seq when you have a beautiful and high scoring 3Lz-3T. SO many why's. Mishin's written books on the physics of jumping, he's a smart man, and this is the simplest form of calculations. The only thing she can control is her BV, and she lost so many points by not maximizing it. If you're a jumping bean, you need to be doing it like Sasha pulling out the maximum. It just seems like such a waste and is so incredibly frustrating. /rant

Skuratov

On the Ice
Anna came back from the ashes like the Phoenix (firebird)!! Well deserved victory. She does not want stay behind Sasha and Alenka. I want to make a meme in response to Alyona: Who needs Triksels when you have 2 4Lz?
Alyona with two 3 axels: 157 pts. Ana with two 4 Lz: 160 pts.:laugh:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
its more like the judges are giving her a signal, we dont need you anymore you are "washed up" from 2014 Sochi Era
you may have 3A but you lack the skating skills, transitions and other PCS requirements.

I would be dejected if I was Liza

:palmf:

You just named the reasons. And those reasons are not because she's "from a different era". It's because somehow they've refused to grow, to evolve. Yes, the judges ARE giving her a signal, that the jumps are not enough, and on top of that her layout is faaaaar faar from the best. Just look at what Aliona scored last week. Same event. Same 3A+2T and 3A. The rest is miles apart.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Liza 3F didnt get edge call this time, i guess she need to bring it back to her SP but as a solo jump. So 3A/3Lz-3T//3F

She also need to bring 2A-Eu-3S, and replace 3Lz SEQ 2A with 3Lz-3T. Otherwise she will have hard time breaking 140+ in FS

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I am totally exhausted. That was a great free skate by Anna and Liza!:yahoo:

Those 4Lzs were simply amazing. Looking at the protocols I see that Anna had URs on the Loop and the Salchow and only level 2 in the StepSeq. That's at least 5-7 points potential to improve, so 167 points is not impossible.
And what a nice interview with Anna. I am so impressed with her excellent English!

I really enjoyed Liza today. This was her best performance so far this season imo. The judges aren't really with her, but let's face it, this long program has only potential to score around 145. Forget her record from last season at WTT as that event is always criminally overscored.

Stanislava - well, that was not good. She has one more GP (Rostelecom) to prove herself.

Liza is still in the mix for GPF, but Tennell is now a potential finalist aswell. Sakamoto is probably out?

starla16

Medalist
I am totally exhausted. That was a great free skate by Anna and Liza!:yahoo:

Those 4Lzs were simply amazing. Looking at the protocols I see that Anna had URs on the Loop and the Salchow and only level 2 in the StepSeq. That's at least 5-7 points potential to improve, so 167 points is not impossible.
And what a nice interview with Anna. I am so impressed with her excellent English!

I really enjoyed Liza today. This was her best performance so far this season imo. The judges aren't really with her, but let's face it, this long program has only potential to score around 145. Forget her record from last season at WTT as that event is always criminally overscored.

Stanislava - well, that was not good. She has one more GP (Rostelecom) to prove herself.

Liza is still in the mix for GPF, but Tennell is now a potential finalist aswell. Sakamoto is probably out?

actually Tennel made a door open for Zagitova, Medvedeva and Kihira to not win
Tennel was overscored, lets see if she can repeat those scores in TEB she will face again Kaori, + Alina and Alena

Tuk not getting silver, this opens the door more for Medvedeva, Kihira and Zagitova
they can even make the finals with a bronze and a silver as long as their silver total is higher than Tennels

Tuks only chANce now in getting into the GPF is gold in China.
of course she was going to be undersocred in USA and Tennels would be Inflated
It does make it easier since someone will be getting 3rd at NHK. And someone will be getting 3rd at Canada. Some solid contenders there. If they do well at their other assignments score-wise, should qualify over Liza unless she wins at CoC.

Tennell's score is what it is. She wouldn't have gotten that score at any other assignment and if she didn't skate last. Home ice advantage. Most people are calling it overstored, but sadly it is what it is. I don't expect her to score this high at her next assignment unless she skates cleaner than she did today.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
*UPDATED* Russian Ladies in the SB list after 15 (of 30) events

1 (1) - Alexandra Trusova 238.69 - CS Nepela Memorial
2 (2) - Alena Kostornaia 234.84 - CS Finlandia Trophy
3 (5) - Anna Shcherbakova 227.76 - GP Skate America
5 (4) - Kamila Valieva (J) 221.95 - JGP Chelyabinsk
6 (6) - Evgenia Medvedeva 217.43 - CS Autumn Classic
8 (7) - Ksenia Sinitsyna 215.58 - JGP Egna/Neumarkt
9 (8) - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 214.38 - CS Lombardia Trophy
16 (14) - Viktoria Vasilieva 198.79 - JGP Chelyabinsk
17 (15) - Daria Usacheva (J) 197.19 - JGP Croatia Cup
18 (16) - Anastasia Tarakanova 194.74 - JGP Baltic Cup
22 (21) - Maiia Khromykh (J) 190.73 - JGP Riga Cup
23 (31) - Sofia Samodurova 187.16 - CS Ice Star Minsk
----------------------------------------------
29 (27) - Anna Frolova (J) 181.96 - JGP Croatia Cup
54 (52) - Stanislava Konstantinova 162.25 - CS Nepela Memorial
69 (66) - Maria Sotskova 155.25 - CS Nepela Memorial

Half of the SB24 are now Russian Ladies! Next week: GP Skate Canada with Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Trusova

Top 24 in the SB list, except juniors (J), are guaranteed at least one spot at the senior GP next year
Last year, to be in the Top 24 in the Seasons Best List you had to score 196.34

Still to skate: Sakhanovich, Zagitova, Nugumanova, Kanysheva (if she goes to JW)

starla16

Medalist
It does make it easier since someone will be getting 3rd at NHK. And someone will be getting 3rd at Canada. Some solid contenders there. If they do well at their other assignments score-wise, should qualify over Liza unless she wins at CoC.

Tennell's score is what it is. She wouldn't have gotten that score at any other assignment and if she didn't skate last. Home ice advantage. Most people are calling it overstored, but sadly it is what it is. I don't expect her to score this high at her next assignment unless she skates cleaner than she did today.

yes this opens the door, Kihira, Medvedeva and Zagitova can score higher 225+. a silver + bronze could be enough for the three

Grin

Medalist
Can you imagine what will happen if I go to some other ladies thread and write there smth like "X is overscored, she has ugly jumps and skates like a tree trunk".
I bet only in Russian ladies thread one can go from passive-aggressive posts to offensive posts and get away with it.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Can you imagine what will happen if I go to some other ladies thread and write there smth like "X is overscored, she has ugly jumps and skates like a tree trunk".
I bet only in Russian ladies thread one can go from passive-aggressive posts to offensive posts and get away with it.

:yes:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna came back from the ashes like the Phoenix (firebird)!! Well deserved victory. She does not want stay behind Sasha and Alenka. I want to make a meme in response to Alyona: Who needs Triksels when you have 2 4Lz?
Alyona with two 3 axels: 157 pts. Ana with two 4 Lz: 160 pts.:laugh:

Firebird Fierce flew freely over the ice today, totally prepared to impress. LOL, Anna is most proud over her 'wow' moment, and the excitement of her successful transformation never fails to impress the audience and brings a wide smile on her face.

Clean quads should beat clean triksels under the current TES, whether that really objectively values the difficulty of both jumps in women's skating is still open for debate probably.

Both jumps are still so rare and transposing men's frequency and valuation perhaps doesn't really challenge the women to try and learn one?

karina17

Final Flight
Anna's quad consistency has come a long way. Last season she took all the way until the end of the season to land a 4Lz on her feet at an international competition, and it wasn't even clean, she had to step out of it. This season she's only had two competitions so far and she's already landed three out of three quad lutzes clean. Last year when she flew to Canada she was jetlagged and crashed on two 4Lz<<, this year she's in America and she has no problem landing two 4Lz clean! Wow.