2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 557 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's nonsense to you but not to me. To me nonsense is Bradie's 141 score with just 6 triples while Trusova received 160 with 4 quads. Yes, this is true nonsense.

Bradie earned her scores, for someone to call that “home cooking” is the height of nonsense. Just as Anna S. earned her scores and deserved to win.

Home cooking does not happen only in the US of A, and it’s rather amusing to read that some think it does. As if :laugh:

But “wuzrobbing” is old as time in figure skating and figure skating conversations, so I certainly don’t expect it to go away :)

Last edited:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
It's nonsense to you but not to me. To me nonsense is Bradie's 141 score with just 6 triples while Trusova received 160 with 4 quads. Yes, this is true nonsense.

Trounced by 19 points and somehow this is a big deal? Nobody can catch the top 4 Russians, not with that kind of domination, 2 scoring 157+ and two 160+
Only Rika Kihira stands a chance of getting anywhere near them, so yes, bitching about Bradie Tennell is nonsense

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
It's a part of the sport, and always will be. That doesn't mean home athletes wouldn't score well otherwise. Maybe not that well, but still..

People forget what Bradie scored at WTT last season, even though that whole event is prone to overscoring. It wasn't much less than Liza's own score

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
People forget what Bradie scored at WTT last season, even though that whole event is prone to overscoring. It wasn't much less than Liza's own score

Well, people will complain... I don't think anyone said something rude here about the skater herself, which i think is the most important thing not to do when you want to complain and which is not uncommon thing even on this forum...

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Well, people will complain... I don't think anyone said something rude here about the skater herself, which i think is the most important thing not to do when you want to complain...

Bradie is competitive with Liza and has been since before this new season, that's the point.

Orlov

Medalist
Bradie earned her scores, for someone to call that “home cooking” is the height of nonsense. Just as Anna S. earned her scores and deserved to win.

Home cooking does not happen only in the US of A, and it’s rather amusing to read that some think it does. As if :laugh:

But “wuzrobbing” is old as time in figure skating and figure skating conversations, so I certainly don’t expect it to go away :)

Please, look at the first cascade 3Lz+3T. Firstly, her enter is simple, and I even say - little bit long (at least for exelent GOE), and she has an obviously awkward landing on the 3Lz, and on 3T - it's near 90 degrees UR. (see frame by frame, use pause and dot '.') Yes, it little less than 90, I admit, but still - this is a poor quality. Most judges gave for this +3 (one even +4). You are able to list the bullets, for what exactly is there to give such a GOE? I see only:

"very good height and very good length"
may be "very good body position from take-off to landing"

if you say - "effortless throughout (including rhythm in Jump combination)", I said - seriosly? with that landing? And don't forget about - "Lacking rotation (no sign)" -1 to -2

For me this combo definitely no more than +1 may be +2. Noname would have been put +1, I'm just sure of that.

On combo 3Lz+2T (with entrance through half rink again) I do not understand what is happening - there is definitely 3T and there is definitely UR (-2 to -3) on the lutz, (I dunno about 3T, I guess no UR). And step out (-3 to -4), but not huge, yes. So for me it must be:

3Lz<+3T(BV 9.81) with -1.77 GOE (it's -3, and I'm very kind). Total for this element 8.04. She had 6.82 for this - strange, indeed. (And I freakin like Canadian judge № 3, who gave +2. Yea, baby, let's rock this dance floor! :laugh:)

UR must be call on 3F in combo (again: pause, dot '.' and you will see everything yourself).

I completely agree with all the Anna's URs. But in this case, and Brady's jumps were to be judge strictly too, as it should. But they didn’t. So it was clown show, yes.

readernick

Medalist
Everybody who compete is competitive tho :biggrin:

Please, look at the first cascade 3Lz+3T. Firstly, her enter is simple, and I even say - little bit long (at least for exelent GOE), and she has an obviously awkward landing on the 3Lz, and on 3T - it's near 90 degrees UR. (see frame by frame, use pause and dot '.') Yes, it little less than 90, I admit, but still - this is a poor quality. Most judges gave for this +3 (one even +4). You are able to list the bullets, for what exactly is there to give such a GOE? I see only:

"very good height and very good length"
may be "very good body position from take-off to landing"

if you say - "effortless throughout (including rhythm in Jump combination)", I said - seriosly? with that landing? And don't forget about - "Lacking rotation (no sign)" -1 to -2

For me this combo definitely no more than +1 may be +2. Noname would have been put +1, I'm just sure of that.

On combo 3Lz+2T (with entrance through half rink again) I do not understand what is happening - there is definitely 3T and there is definitely UR (-2 to -3) on the lutz, (I dunno about 3T, I guess no UR). And step out (-3 to -4), but not huge, yes. So for me it must be:

3Lz<+3T(BV 8.92) with -1.77 GOE (it's -3, and I'm very kind). Total for this element 5.37. She had 6.82 for this. And I freakin like Canadian judge № 3, who gave +2. Yea, baby, let's rock this dance floor! :laugh:

UR must be call on 3F in combo (again: pause, dot '.' and you will see everything yourself).

I completely agree with all the SDs that Anna received. But in this case, and Brady's jumps were to be judge strictly too, as it should. But they didn’t. So it was clown show, yes.

Your calculation on the 3lz+3T(ur) is wrong. It is in the second half. So, the base value is 10.19 with -3 average GOE she would have received 8.42 instead of the 6.82 she got. Thus, it decreased score. It did not increase it. Even you admit the 3Lz+3T was not UR in the short. So basically, nothing happened that benefited Bradie. In fact, she lost points.

rollerblade

Record Breaker

Different competition, different judges, different technical panel. Part of why I don't take world records in judged sports that seriously.

Will have to wait until Worlds for a direct comparison, assuming each skater can repeat their programs successfully on the day of the competition.

Orlov

Medalist
I give up.

I can't be bothered with these "wuzrobbed" conspiracies, they make zero sense to me

Personally, I do not say "wuzrobbed". But definitely Brady’s problems with UR that she had last season didn’t go away. But so that everything would be “nice”, so that the noisy crowd on the rink would not get upset, so that the US TV-viewers would be happy (I’m sure that most of the views come from home stage) - let's not be cynically truthful and close our eyes to UR.

In the end, it hurts the athlete himself - skater thinks that everything is fine with her, but it's not. Problem still exists. It’s like Tuktamysheva's flip didn’t сall the wrong edge in Lombardy, and then she did a show in K&C in Finland. She lost precious time.

Orlov

Medalist
Your calculation on the 3lz+3T(ur) is wrong. It is in the second half.

I know this and I corrected the math before I even read it. And it 3Lz<+3T (yes, 3T also not good, but I'm not sure)

Even you admit the 3Lz+3T was not UR in the short.
what??
So basically, nothing happened that benefited Bradie. In fact, she lost points.

On this combo yes, about + 1.2, but considering that they had to call UR on the 3F (-2.5) and put lower GOE on the first combo (-0.5), her technique should still be a little (1.5-2) lower.

My main point here. It's not about score - personally I don't think that Liza "wuzrobbed". It's about UR. Tennel definitely should have gotten two UR and low GOE on first combo. This would lower her score but not significantly, given that she not received her extra 1.2 in combo 3Lz+"2T" . I would lower her final technique by about 2 points, no more, so I also think that she is true silver. But it was definitly clown show - starting from this 2T and ending with missed 2 UR's

Orlov

Medalist
Bradie had one, so what is your problem?

what? I'm talking about Tennel's FP on SA, there no UR, but must be 2.

The problem is that for the sake of beauty in the protocols, the athlete is misled.

But this thread is about Russian ladies, so I'll probably stoped.

readernick

Medalist

Basically, Bradie scored in the 130-140 range throughout the season. She had a really good skate at WTT (was overscored along with everyone else) and got a very high score. However, her score at Skate America was in line with her scores from last season.Nothing shocking

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
what? I'm talking about Tennel's FP on SA, there no UR, but must be 2.

The problem is that for the sake of beauty in the protocols, the athlete is misled.

But this thread is about Russian ladies, so I'll probably stoped.

Bradie got a UR but the system error doesn't show it properly. No deliberate attempt to hide the UR, just an error with the system. Which also happened in the Ice Dance too. Technical issues plagued SA in general this year.