2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 663 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Warwick360

Medalist
Normally, not one to complain about Satoko's jumps, but the fact that her score was above Elizaveta AND Young You on the technical side, is outrageous. I was expecting her technical score to slide below Young, even though her Schindler's List is amazing. :disapp:

karina17

Final Flight
Hey, at least the tech panel decided to act this way just in time for page 666 of the Russian Ladies thread.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
In another sad news of the day there was what everyone knew but that some refused to accept. Yesterday the season for Tuktamysheva is over, he may have returned to his previous program but if it is not clean he had nothing to do with Miyahara. The entrances to the GPF is closed, Miyahara or Bell to accompany Kihira to see on the front row the battle to the death of the 4A podium.

icybear

Medalist
I hope in the GPF they score Anna pcs higher than Alexandra because at the moment they're getting the same pcs which is completely absurd.

PrayOrDie

Rinkside
Judges fighting against quads, at least at this GP event it looks like it. Anna's quads at Skate America didn't get "<" or "!"

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Well, this competition was crawling with >'s. It was like an infestation.

Sofia - another solid skate. But many visible UR's in real time so I knew the tech would go down. Seems Sofia has a hard time to get over 125 points in the free this year. No SB best here and she is still outside the SB Top24.

Liza - Yes! Loved Liza today. Old program is so much better. I really thought it would be enough to beat Miyahara but I guess she lost it on the Lutz and Flip which had negative GOE. Also Miyahara was lucky she didn't get more UR calls. No GPF for Liza.:( Darn. It was sooo close. If only she hadn't doubled the combo in the short...

Anna - Another wonderful skate by Anna but a disappointing score. ! calls on all the Lutzes and the first quad was rightfully called UR. Good thing though she nailed the 3Lz+3Lo and 3F+Eu+3S combos. Anna is in the GPF!!!:yahoo:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Both Anna's quads were UR in real time

Lutz edges were flat

Satoko was dinged for URs

The judging was strict but fair

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I don't know how you can "judge" someone's edges by not watching the skate they got the calls on.

Amazing

I did watch, they were flat.

Who cares... the judging was strict with everyone just as they should be

PrayOrDie

Rinkside
Judges literally said to Anna that she can't jump Lutzes and other skaters can, fine, whatever, let's call it strict judging to everyone

Elaine

On the Ice
Judges fighting against quads, at least at this GP event it looks like it. Anna's quads at Skate America didn't get "<" or "!"

Well at SA Anna didn't UR her 4 Lzes but here she did UR the first one. (Second one looked clean in replay and didn't get called.)

As for "!", on the other hand, it looked like just a flat edge on the first 4Lz in replay. Haven't watched other three yet... I'll have to watch Anna's SA performances again.

If her lutz gets called "!" consistantly this season, it's really alarming for Anna since she has 5 lutzes in total and the "!" hurts the enormous GOE on her quads.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Anna jumped 5 lutzes to win SkAm, not a single call. Now she got 5 calls. Apparently she unlearned her edge since then? Or maybe, perhaps, judging varies so extremely from competition to competition that it's a joke?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
*UPDATED* Russian Ladies in the SB list after GP China - 19 (of 30) events

1 (1) - Alexandra Trusova 241.02 - GP Skate Canada
2 (2) - Alena Kostornaia 236.00 - GP Internationaux de France
4 (4) - Anna Shcherbakova 227.76 - GP Skate America
5 (5) - Kamila Valieva (J) 221.95 - JGP Chelyabinsk
7 (7) - Evgenia Medvedeva 217.43 - CS Autumn Classic
9 (9) - Alina Zagitova 216.06 - GP Internationaux de France
10 (10) - Ksenia Sinitsyna 215.58 - JGP Egna/Neumarkt
11 (11) - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 214.38 - CS Lombardia Trophy
17 (17) - Viktoria Vasilieva 198.79 - JGP Chelyabinsk
19 (19) - Daria Usacheva (J) 197.19 - JGP Croatia Cup
20 (20) - Anastasia Tarakanova 194.74 - JGP Baltic Cup
24 (24) - Maiia Khromykh (J) 190.73 - JGP Riga Cup
------------------------------------------
25 (25) - Sofia Samodurova 187.16 - CS Ice Star Minsk
30 (30) - Anna Frolova (J) 181.96 - JGP Croatia Cup
43 (43) - Serafima Sakhanovich 175.97 - GP Skate Canada
60 (60) - Stanislava Konstantinova 162.25 - CS Nepela Memorial
76 (76) - Maria Sotskova 155.25 - CS Nepela Memorial

No changes for the Russian ladies this week. Seems like the SB list is quite solid now.
Next week GP Rostelecom with Trusova, Medvedeva, Konstantinova and Warsaw Cup with Sakhanovich, Nugumanova.

Top 24 in the SB list, except juniors (J), are guaranteed at least one spot at the senior GP next year
Last year, to be in the Top 24 in the Seasons Best List you had to score 196.34

Still to skate: Nugumanova, Kanysheva (if she goes to JW).

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
First time in my life I see a skater make 4 mistakes in the same jump in a program. With this, the only smart thing is to eliminate the jump of your entire program, including quads, because instead of helping you win it, it prejudice. Quitanto the Lz can easily touch the 90 points and please the judges more to raise the PCS. Either way, Shcherbakova today stopped being a rival of Trusova.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Anna jumped 5 lutzes to win SkAm, not a single call. Now she got 5 calls. Apparently she unlearned her edge since then? Or maybe, perhaps, judging varies so extremely from competition to competition that it's a joke?

The judging got stricter. Her edges were flat here, more so than SA where a stricter panel might have called them.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I rarely watch Trusova but does she have clear Lutz edges?

If she doesn't then she will be called the same way, according to the new mantra. That should even them out should it not?

If she has perfect edges then she won't be called which would be fair too wouldn't it?