2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 669 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

katymay

Medalist

I wish this account (not sure if Eteri actually authors the account) wouldn't do this kind of thing. I can't imagine the stress that these girls already feel, and bad skates happen to even the greatest skaters. I wish the sentiments expressed were of the variety of "I hope each girl skates their best".... I just think the pressure on each one of them must be crushing at times.

No, her edge was fine here on all 4 jumps and the calls were not fair. Panels in the USA amd Italy were fair.

But here is the part that I am uncertain about. Was this a conspiracy to prop her up at Skate America or a conspiracy to tear her down at Cup of China? It is hard to keep all the conspiracy theories straight.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I wish this account (not sure if Eteri actually authors the account) wouldn't do this kind of thing. I can't imagine the stress that these girls already feel, and bad skates happen to even the greatest skaters. I wish the sentiments expressed were of the variety of "I hope each girl skates their best".... I just think the pressure on each one of them must be crushing at times.
That is Eteri's official account, and I don't see anything wrong. I don't take it as "four won two to go", more as "four Grand Prixs competed in, two to go". Its pretty rare for a coach to have skater(s) in all six events of one discipline, so she's just making a joke about that.

It is pretty amazing what her school has done so far though :)

silveruskate

On the Ice

I'm sure they want to win for themselves more than they want to win for Eteri's instagram so it's fine. They probably just see it as a joke.

Scott512

Record Breaker
GP USA: Anna jumps 5 Lz's - 0 edge calls.
Three weeks later.
GP China: Anna jumps 5 Lz's - 5 edge calls.

Now tell me about "conspiracy theory"...
You pointed out a statistical truth it's up to people if they want to be able to figure it out or not.
there is a lot of pressure but they handle it so well and are so classy.

That is Eteri's official account, and I don't see anything wrong. I don't take it as "four won two to go", more as "four Grand Prixs competed in, two to go". Its pretty rare for a coach to have skater(s) in all six events of one discipline, so she's just making a joke about that.

It is pretty amazing what her school has done so far though :)
Amazing doesn't really cover it it's mind-bogglingly incredible.

Congrats to Anna on winning another gold she's two for two now. but I was surprised to see her score so low in the 226 range.

How did Liza and Sofia do?

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
No, her edge was fine here on all 4 jumps and the calls were not fair. Panels in the USA amd Italy were fair.

Hahahahaha of course.

Skater you like doesn't get called: fair

Skater gets called: unfair

Anna has flat edge Lutz, I love her she is brilliant but please deal with reality.

The judging has proved to be decently strict on almost everyone recently, everyone wanted stricter judging... well you've got it. And still not happy.

URs were handed out like candy here, a bunch of skaters were absolutely hosed by them.

E

eterialskater

I think common sense should prevail here. Look at her skating and the judges scores. If she doesn’t land her quads she’s not winning. You can dislike that all you want to, but it’s pretty clear. Look at her skating. Look at the scores. She and her team know she needs the quads, the costume change...she needs those. Let’s hope they work on the other areas needed.
Alyona is another story. Her overall skating is amazing. Judges are rewarding that. Rightfully so

What do you mean she is not winning? She is still scoring far higher than any of these skaters who can barely rotate their jumps but get prop up by high PCS. Her SP is wonderfully interpreted and no she doesn't need a costume change or gimmick for that. I'm pretty sure these are the same judges who scored Ashley Wagner 70+ PCS and underscored Mao Asada all throughout her career. So no not everyone will accept their decisions as dogma and that we can consider them as unbias judges of good skating.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
But here is the part that I am uncertain about. Was this a conspiracy to prop her up at Skate America or a conspiracy to tear her down at Cup of China? It is hard to keep all the conspiracy theories straight.

That is because they change every single week to fit whichever scenario suits them best.

It really is a fantastic conspiracy

Those poor Russian ladies are being horribly held back, nobody wants them to win do they, outrag...

What's that?

4 out 4 GP victories?
Anna first skater to make the final with two wins?
3 out of 4 GP events also have another Russian on their podiums?
Massive 150-160+ scores for Eteri's new seniors?

Scandalous I tell you! Such anti-Russian sentiment!

You pointed out a statistical truth it's up to people if they want to be able to figure it out or not.

Figuring things out is one thing. Making up stuff out of one's own fertile imagination without any supporting evidence is another.

(Sorry -- misusing statistics by trying to pretend that statistical data give information about people's inner thoughts and hidden nefarious schemes, that's a pet peeve of mine. Facts are facts. The rest ... ?)

pearly

Record Breaker
Is that supposed to be Anna's lutz? It looks like a loop take off

Indeed it does and makes me wonder if they are working on a loop with her as well.

It’s an interesting comparison of two (quad) lutzes. Shows take off edge during preparation and moment of take off, prerotation and position of the picking blade.

Resa

On the Ice
This rule was added right after the Olympics.

"Of all triple and quadruple jumps only two (2) can be executed twice. Of the two repetitions *only one (1)* can be a quadruple jump."
From the tech panels handbook.

This rule is not new. Has been here for two seasons now.

But if that is true, why doesn't Anna get +rep on her second 4Lutz?

... I'm pretty sure these are the same judges who scored Ashley Wagner 70+ PCS and underscored Mao Asada all throughout her career. ...

See? That's what I am talking about. Are you "pretty sure" or are these the same judges? It would be easy to find out. Just look up the names of the judges and see if they are the same or not.

But instead we go with "I'm pretty sure they are the same" or "I'm pretty sure they are different." :confused:

Last edited: