2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 731 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Rika is the highest level? You mean like at worlds and Japanese Nationals last year?;) It will be interesting seeing her as good as she is go up against Alena and Alina. Rika has never faced two skaters in one competition like these girls. . And then in GPF she gets all of 4A to deal with. Lol. She will have to be at her highest level then.

She already faced Sasha and Zhenia and she did well. Once again everything can happen. Rika can deliver or fail, the same for the 4A

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Rika is the highest level? You mean like at worlds and Japanese Nationals last year?;) It will be interesting seeing her as good as she is go up against Alena and Alina. Rika has never faced two skaters in one competition like these girls. . And then in GPF she gets all of 4A to deal with. Lol. She will have to be at her highest level then.

She has beaten Alina in GPF last year lol.

katymay

Medalist

Rika's 3A's are beautiful. But, her programs slowly meander about with a great deal of rest built in . Alina is sprinting a mile at top speed. The degree of stamina and conditioning required for an Alina program ought to be rewarded, and I hope it is. (I think it usually is-PCS) In a way the pressure is off for all three girls-they will end up 1-2-3 in some order and they will all three go to the final. Very little possibility of any other type of scenario.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
Rika's 3A's are beautiful. But, her programs slowly meander about with a great deal of rest built in . Alina is sprinting a mile at top speed. The degree of stamina and conditioning required for an Alina program ought to be rewarded, and I hope it is. (I think it usually is-PCS) In a way the pressure is off for all three girls-they will end up 1-2-3 in some order and they will all three go to the final. Very little possibility of any other type of scenario.

It's a shame that Lisa will not be there. Hamada didn’t act smartly; the choreography of her Baghdad dances loses to Gleichengauz. Many thanks to Rika for trying to fight. It is worthy of respect.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I can not compare Alena with anyone. She's the only one. The best jumps. +5 for everything. My opinion. Everyone else smokes in the garden. They know that they will never be able to. For me, she is better than Sasha. I have never seen anyone better.

I also think she will be Alina’s successor. Alena is a complete skater, she has power, grace and artistry. Sasha is an amazing jumper but that’s all and Anna is still juniorish.

readernick

Medalist
It's a shame that Lisa will not be there. Hamada didn’t act smartly; the choreography of her Baghdad dances loses to Gleichengauz. Many thanks to Rika for trying to fight. It is worthy of respect.

I don't understand why Rika is being discussed in the Russian ladies figure skating thread, again?

About Alena, is she going to backload her 3A+3T? That seems to be the only reason for her to do 3A+3T rather than 3A+2T. If it is the second half of the program and gets the bonus then it will increase her BV. I don't think it is a particularly smart move in the short-term because a significant number of Aliona's 3As are still a bit UR and if called that will make the entire combo get negative GOE. As opposed to her 3F+3T which is beautiful (and consistently rotated) and will consistently get high GOE. However , a backloaded 3A+3T is a good long- term move. The top three ladies here are almost guaranteed a spot in the GPF, so I guess it is a good competition to take some risks.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
I don't understand why Rika is being discussed in the Russian ladies figure skating thread, again?

About Alena, is she going to backload her 3A+3T? That seems to be the only reason for her to do 3A+3T rather than 3A+2T. If it is the second half of the program and gets the bonus then it will increase her BV. I don't think it is a particularly smart move in the short-term because a significant number of Aliona's 3As are still a bit UR and if called that will make the entire combo get negative GOE. As opposed to her 3F+3T which is beautiful (and consistently rotated) and will consistently get high GOE. However , a backloaded 3A+3T is a good long- term move. The top three ladies here are almost guaranteed a spot in the GPF, so I guess it is a good competition to take some risks.

On the Russian branch discuss the best. forgot to ask you.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
I am sorry. I don't understand what you mean. But, I am interested in Alyona's jump layout. It will be an interesting competition.

Forgive me too. Where else should I discuss Rika? With whom can Rika be compared, if not with Russian girls?
All the rest are not ready for such a comparison.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I don’t think she is changing her layout, she is just showing the combo in practice. Skaters often show combos in practice they don’t use in competition - we’ve seen 3F3T3T from Aliona, 3Lz3Lo3Lo from Alina and 3Lz3T3Lo from Anna in practice many times. Team Tutberidze also practices with extra jump combos, just in case, so when you compete it feels easier. They have been doing this for years.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Russian ladies are also mentioned in japanese and american ladies' threads' with certain frequency (in japanese ladies thread comparisons were drawn between Liza and Satoko, and how Liza is "clumsy and slow" and "mugs with the audience", in Amercian ladies thread people were wondering why Kamila has better components than Alysa, etc), quite often it can be due to drawing comparisons, looking on the prospects of russian ladies compared to japanese and american ones, in a certain competition, making it into GPF or in general.
I honestly don't think there's anything criminal in that, ladies don't perform in isolation, they compete with each other, so these kinds of discussions are inevitable.

moriel

Record Breaker

There is also that thing, that Tutberidze girls tend to train a lot of anything + 3T or even +3Lo just for the sake of training it.

readernick

Medalist
Russian ladies are also mentioned in japanese and american ladies' threads', quite often it can be due to drawing comparisons, looking on the prospects of russian ladies compared to japanese and american ones, in a certain competition, making it into GPF or in general.
I honestly don't think there's anything criminal in that, ladies don't perform in isolation, they compete with each other, so these kinds of discussions are inevitable.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I have upset other posters by discussing other nationalities in various country threads, so I have stopped doing so.. The are other threads where such discussions are more suitable. . I think it is best practice not to start these discussions in country threads because they usually leads to disagreements 🤣🤣🤣 and Golden Skate already has enough of those....

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I don't necessarily disagree, but I have upset other posters by discussing other nationalities in various country threads, so I have stopped doing so.. The are other threads where such discussions are more suitable. . I think it is best practice not to start these discussions in country threads because they usually leads to disagreements ������ and Golden Skate already has enough of those....

I don't think we need to police every single post out there, whether it's slightly out of the topic or not.
People should do what they want to do.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russian ladies are also mentioned in japanese and american ladies' threads' with certain frequency (in japanese ladies thread comparisons were drawn between Liza and Satoko, and how Liza is "clumsy and slow" and "mugs with the audience", in Amercian ladies thread people were wondering why Kamila has better components than Alysa, etc), quite often it can be due to drawing comparisons, looking on the prospects of russian ladies compared to japanese and american ones, in a certain competition, making it into GPF or in general.

Very well said Nussy. people just need to accept each other's imperfections especially here at the forum. I get annoyed sometimes when I say other girls from other nationalities being discussed in here in the Russian ladies thread but when you do comparisons and things that happens.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

In Rika's age (which was whole two months ago :) ), Alina was already an olympic champion, a GPF champion and a world champion, among other titles. And last but not least, Alina has beaten Rika twice this year already.