2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 817 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Now, how about Daniil not being as supportive with Alina? Wasn’t she her muse? Or she’s only his muse when she’s winning titles? I would expect him to fight for her not to retire, unless he thinks she’s not happy competing.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I’ll say it again, and I know I’ll get hate for it. I think a change for Rafael would be really refreshing for Alina. She would be able to be at an environment where she’s the best, alongside skaters that are not necessarily skating for the medals. She would have Adam’s choreo, Natha’s quad experience, Mariah. Come with the hate now. However, I highly doubt Alina would switch coaches. She doesn’t seem very comfortable with English and seems to be too attached to Russia and to her parents. Evgenia only had her and her mother to move to Canada. Alina has a whole family in Russia, it’d be much harder.

Alina won't switch rinks to be able 'to skate pleasantly alongside skaters that aren't necessary skating for the medals' or to have another choreographer just because you want her to have one. Unless she herself gets bored or angry with #TeamTutberidzeForProgress, she'll stay there. Where she will train, fight, laugh, learn new elements, alongside the some of the best skaters ever seen, work with some of the best trainers and support staff, a distinguished choreographer, each of whom is dedicated to bring the best out of each and every skater under their tutelage. Alina in my eyes is loyal to a fault and has never expressed any doubts in her training staff, Sambo-70's support or her rink mates, or shown envy at any other skater for that matter. As she grows older, more mature and independent, of course she will start thinking about changes, and hopefully the staff will be open to her ideas and suggestions, validate them, and incorporate them in any future programs and images for, and together with, Alina.

Plus, hardly any skater that switched rinks in their prime has really been showing that much improved technique, stellar new artistry or gotten really better results as if by some magic trick. Also, I cannot imagine those young teenage girls that live from home to train abroad in a different culture, language etc are really, really happy and content deep down in their hearts.

No doubt, all the professionals in Russia are following Medvyedeva's progress with #TeamBOrser and critically assess it. And skaters themselves draw their own conclusions as well about the effectiveness of switching rinks by her, Kurakova and some others. Unless you are 'fully developed' as an athlete and are essentially able to stand on your own I see no need to switch for the fancy of switching.

And it comes with all kinds of logistical problems and perhaps legal too, i.e. a minor living abroad alone w/o a guardian?

Fluture

Record Breaker
New episode of never ending drama "X Skater needs to leave Eteri" is heating up, topic of this episode is comments of Eteri's sister about Alina, Stay tunned for more news :D

I‘ve seen that all over twitter but no one bothered to offer any explanations/translations yet. Which is strange. So, what did she say?

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Her sister was always problematic, ignore her.

I will ignore her but the internet (especially Russian one) wont.

Regardless of what is going behind the closed doors,overwhelming amount of people(including few people here), one way or the other,blame Eteri and her coaching staff for Alina's Problems(and quite a lot of them, openly blames coach for preparing to 'drop' Alina like she 'dropped' girls before her) and Her sister's comments (although, most likely it was much more generalized and not aimed at Alina that much) doesn't make it better.

Most of them (especially the ones about 'dropping' Alina) is,of course, to say mildly not exactly correct,but anyway if at Nats Alina falls bellow 4th place all these rumours will turn into hysteria.

I think it's high time Daniil said something about this entire situation and cleared things up.

Eteri and Co need Alina doing well at nats more than Alina herself,IMO.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
I‘ve seen that all over twitter but no one bothered to offer any explanations/translations yet. Which is strange. So, what did she say?

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/world_o...voi-v-finale-granpri-5deebed706cc4600b1562c3b

all the screens in Russian.

Long story short,along with typical for Team Eteri 'Everyone is equal regardless of how many titles they won in past' she said that problem wasn't coach,psychology or puberty but skaters who,after winning, become lazy and and lose motivation to compete.

I haven't seen to what did she answer and to me frankly it seems more like generalized statement why Eteri's students don't stay at top after 'winning everything',I may be wrong but I think somebody probably asked 'why your sister's students fail after they grow up" or called Eteri coach of Juniors only and she 'defended' her sister like that.

in later comments after that she praised Alina for fighting and having good short program and getting to the finals ("while some people don't even make it to the finals" :D ) and claimed that it was just a GP and season is still ahead and 6th place in the world isn't that bad.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I heard about Eteri’s sister before, she was saying some weird stuff about Medvedeva or something(prior to her leaving) and cussing while being drunk, and Eteri tried to stop her and shut her up and someone filmed it, so there was some shabang going around that she’s a strange woman.
She also introduces herself as “sister of THAT Tutberidze” or something.
Anywho, she did not leave a good impression on me.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I heard about Eteri’s sister before, she was saying some weird stuff about Medvedeva or something(prior to her leaving) and cussing while being drunk, and Eteri tried to stop her and shut her up and someone filmed it, so there was some shabang going around that she’s a strange woman.
She also introduces herself as “sister of THAT Tutberidze” or something.
Anywho, she did not leave a good impression on me.

That’s insane. Why were people so upset when Medvedeva left then- considering Eteri and family were bashing her before she even left? And poor Alina. It’s lose/lose for her no matter what she decides. If she stays with Eteri she’s at least the #4 skater in her club. (After the juniors????). If she switches coaches to someone outside of Russia she will be the new traitor, and get all the hatred.
People need to remember these are young girls that are making the best choice for themselves. This seems to get more ridiculous by the moment. Alina is already, according to some, having mental issues. Imagine how she’ll feel with her coaches family making comments.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
https://zen.yandex.ru/media/world_o...voi-v-finale-granpri-5deebed706cc4600b1562c3b

all the screens in Russian.

Long story short,along with typical for Team Eteri 'Everyone is equal regardless of how many titles they won in past' she said that problem wasn't coach,psychology or puberty but skaters who,after winning, become lazy and and lose motivation to compete.

I haven't seen to what did she answer and to me frankly it seems more like generalized statement why Eteri's students don't stay at top after 'winning everything',I may be wrong but I think somebody probably asked 'why your sister's students fail after they grow up" or called Eteri coach of Juniors only and she 'defended' her sister like that.

in later comments after that she praised Alina for fighting and having good short program and getting to the finals ("while some people don't even make it to the finals" :D ) and claimed that it was just a GP and season is still ahead and 6th place in the world isn't that bad.

Her sister, while not naming Alina, basically said she’s lazy. Which I think is stupid and ignorant, considering she’s not there training Alina. I hope a) it’s not what Eteri & co think b) Eteri will tell her to refrain on commenting on her students, it’s not the first time
I’d prefer Eteri or Daniil to clear the air.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
That’s insane. Why were people so upset when Medvedeva left then- considering Eteri and family were bashing her before she even left? And poor Alina. It’s lose/lose for her no matter what she decides. If she stays with Eteri she’s at least the #4 skater in her club. (After the juniors????). If she switches coaches to someone outside of Russia she will be the new traitor, and get all the hatred.
People need to remember these are young girls that are making the best choice for themselves. This seems to get more ridiculous by the moment. Alina is already, according to some, having mental issues. Imagine how she’ll feel with her coaches family making comments.

You misunderstood me, or I guess I wasn’t quite clear.
She wasn’t bashing Medvedeva, she was on contrary complimentary (?), she was saying some weird stuff about Medvedeva winning something, like “heeey, she showed them all who’s the boss”, but it was going together with a lot of cussing and weird talk, I think. I don’t remember if I’m honest. I just had a not-very-good impression from her.

Decoder

On the Ice
Her sister, while not naming Alina, basically said she’s lazy. Which I think is stupid and ignorant, considering she’s not there training Alina. I hope a) it’s not what Eteri & co think b) Eteri will tell her to refrain on commenting on her students, it’s not the first time
I’d prefer Eteri or Daniil to clear the air.

I only read the google translation following KOBOT37's link. I have the impression that the lazy reference is a general statement, not referring to anyone specifically? Anyway, that woman should shut up (but she won't I am afraid)

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
While her sister's comment was less than perfect (especially if take timing into account), it needs to be noted that Eteri (and Team Tutberidze as a whole, But especially Eteri and Daniil) are receiving absurd amount of hate at Russian language websites.

It's worse than it was after Europeans last year, back then Zagitova's fans were firmly behind the team, now many of them are blaming Eteri.

I understand that it's "less talk, more work" for them, But this is getting too big and requires at least a short 'everything is all right' type answer.

P.S and Eteri's Sister just made a sports.ru story.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
When I started following figure skating about 18 months ago, before the Olympics, there were videos "save Alina" on the Internet, claiming that she will be destroyed by Eteri, that she should run and leave her immediately, that Eteri keeps her as a spare only until Evgenia recovers and doesn't care about her, etc.

Now we have come full circle. After Alina has won the Olympics, Worlds and everything, after her jumps survived puberty and she looks stronger and more beautiful than ever, here we go again... It takes one bad skate to turn Alina into a victim that needs to be saved from evil Eteri. It is getting ridiculous. TSL, after Japan Open and Test Skates, were worried about Aliona and thought Sasha and Alina were a lock for the world team. Aliona was the one neglected and needed saving before she began landing these beautiful 3As. Now it is Alina. If Anna makes more than one mistake tomorrow, it will be her. In these people's ideal world, everyone should leave Eteri, because then things can go back to normal and they can endlessly watch the looong held spirals and the gliding of their favourites.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I understand that it's "less talk, more work" for them, But this is getting too big and requires at least a short 'everything is all right' type answer.

No, I think not. Ignoring is best. Let those critics, crazy fanatics, h@ters just fizzle out in their own misery. Don't feed the flames of h@tred, for you can never extinguish them no matter your words.

Actions speak louder than words and always will, win those medals and cherish your moments of victory together with your loved ones and trusted friends.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I don’t believe that anything will come of this Russian ban. I believe entirely that Russian figure skaters will still be at the Olympics. So I’m not worried. I believe that Adelina Sotnikova will never be stripped of her title. I don’t believe anything at all will happen to the figure skaters.

katymay

Medalist
I just went back and watched Trusovas big spender and IMO she showed more personality in that program than she has in any program since. She really looked like she was enjoying herself and having a lot of fun. That genre of music may be a good vehicle for her to go back to next year to try and get higher PCS. I think it would be a great move.

If you go way way back-to when Trusova was a younger aged and older aged novice-her skating skills were pretty good, personality on the ice was great-spins were good....but her jumps were so-so. LOL

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
When I started following figure skating about 18 months ago, before the Olympics, there were videos "save Alina" on the Internet, claiming that she will be destroyed by Eteri, that she should run and leave her immediately, that Eteri keeps her as a spare only until Evgenia recovers and doesn't care about her, etc.

Now we have come full circle. After Alina has won the Olympics, Worlds and everything, after her jumps survived puberty and she looks stronger and more beautiful than ever, here we go again... It takes one bad skate to turn Alina into a victim that needs to be saved from evil Eteri. It is getting ridiculous. TSL, after Japan Open and Test Skates, were worried about Aliona and thought Sasha and Alina were a lock for the world team. Aliona was the one neglected and needed saving before she began landing these beautiful 3As. Now it is Alina. If Anna makes more than one mistake tomorrow, it will be her. In these people's ideal world, everyone should leave Eteri, because then things can go back to normal and they can endlessly watch the looong held spirals and the gliding of their favourites.

Exactly. There is always a victim in the mind of those people. First it was Alina, who "didn't get the same attention as Zhenya during the olympics" and blah blah, the conclusion was Alina should leave. But the one who left was Zhenya, so the virtual voice changed like in 1984, where in the middle of the parade suddenly the enemy wasn't Eurasia, but Eastasia. Then of course the last season came, and new "save princess Alina" voices came, to which Alina and her team responded by spectacular victory at worlds. Now this, just three months back it was Aliona who had to be rescued from the hands of Cruella de Vil and again the narrative turned.

Till people accept that it is just impossible to compete at full strength for four seasons continuously, without flaws, bad skates and etc., till that time we will hear the same old songs. People expecting this are, BTW, the part of the pressure put on Alina's shoulders (and it will be similar with the others later). When people will be unforgiving for any flaw and will be always trying to find someone to blame, when they will demand only victories or nothing, when they won't understand that no human can be perfect every day, every hour, every minute, then it will be the same.

macy

Record Breaker

the only logical reason i can think of for the amount of hate this whole team gets is because they are number one and have been for many years now. it's hard being at the top, and those at the top get so much more hate than those losing, because everyone is chasing them. it just comes with the territory, as awful as it is. i hope team tutberidze gives the girls some sort of training or rules on social media/internet usage and how to respond to comments or questions that are inappropriate/rude/hateful, because they sure need it. i hope they do their very best at keeping these skaters in a bubble because knowing of/engaging in any drama and hate will only do harm and sidetrack them from their training.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly. There is always a victim in the mind of those people. First it was Alina, who "didn't get the same attention as Zhenya during the olympics" and blah blah, the conclusion was Alina should leave. But the one who left was Zhenya, so the virtual voice changed like in 1984, where in the middle of the , now it is parade suddenly the enemy wasn't Eurasia, but Eastasia. Then of course the lastr season came, and new "save princess Alina" voices came, to which Alina and her team responded by spectacular victory at worlds. Now this, just three months back it was Aliona who had to be rescued from the hands of Cruella de Vil and again the narrative turned.

Till people accept that it is just impossigle to compete at full strength for four seasons continuously, without flaws, bad skates and etc., till that time we will hear the same old songs. People expecting this are, BTW, the part of the pressure put on Alina's shoulders (and it will be similar with the others later). When people will be unforgiving for any flaw and will be always trying to find someone to blame, when they will demand only victories or nothing, when they won't understand that no human can be perfect every day, every hour, every minute, then it will be the same.

When you watch figure skating, ask yourself. How would I like 4 minutes to define my life. The pressure is enormous.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
the only logical reason i can think of for the amount of hate this whole team gets is because they are number one and have been for many years now. it's hard being at the top, and those at the top get so much more hate than those losing, because everyone is chasing them. it just comes with the territory, as awful as it is. i hope team tutberidze gives the girls some sort of training or rules on social media/internet usage and how to respond to comments or questions that are inappropriate/rude/hateful, because they sure need it. i hope they do their very best at keeping these skaters in a bubble because knowing of/engaging in any drama and hate will only do harm and sidetrack them from their training.

I think they all have been well instructed by now over actively or passively engaging in social media. One can be certain Shabotova's error and the result of that have made an impression.

Many older skaters read the comments, including the h@teful ones, and try to ignore them at best, or even learn from those comments that actually point out something they've might overlooked themselves. It must take a strong stomach and a good network of emotional support in parents, friends and coaches still, and limited exposure is probably best for the young and inexperienced, or those who do take everything to heart. Of course kids like to do their personal social media themselves, but always a responsible adult should look over their shoulder.

For any top athlete, it is best to keep their sphere of influence as small as possible, and this includes isolating yourself from the world until you are psychologically fully equipped to deal with it, i.e. when reaching full intellectual adulthood.