starla16

Medalist
Tarasova / Morozov are done as rus no.1
mistakes on every event, this time botched spins by Morozov

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Redacting myself to say that, if the judges are willing, someone definitely can beat Sui/Han, and it doesn't even need to be T/M. B/K are doing everything right, tho, program after program they've been besting their scores and putting down clean performances. The score got a bit of inflation this time, but they are gaining GOE from elements that other pairs are struggling with. Moskvina has in her hands one of the best pairs she's ever had, that's for sure.

Wouldn't say T/M are done, but their mistakes are kind of a mystery to me. Today it was Morozov with two slips after a promising start. They had that program in the bag, and they threw it.

starla16

Medalist
B/K were overscored by the Moskvina factor
but definitely there will be new russian no.1 this season

B/K - 76 to 80
M/G if clean could get 76-78 in their next GP

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

B/K - 76 to 80

Moskvina factor? :think:

I'd say it's a lot more about doing what they are supposed to when the opportunity is there. And I hope you're not jinxing M/G. Let each team evolve on their own time.

Artemisa

Final Flight

B/K - 76 to 80

What ??? :coffee:Are you saying that the B team have a chance of winning and be a number 2 ( I love them but they aren't there yet to be a number 1) ... there isn't any moskina factor ... because the others team have powerfull coachs too ... Today they were excellente ...you can take maybe 1 -1,5 point for home ice but everything was very good ...

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
T/M need to move on from Marina. This is turning out to be a disaster move for them. To whom they should go is the question. Max has done better than anyone else lately, but he doesn’t seem to want to coach. Maybe Robin S. and Meno/Sand in Southern California? It would also give them access to Raf for jumps. There don’t seem to be any other options left in Russia. Bruno Marcotte doesn’t seem like a great fit for them. The only other thing I can land on is Bruno Massot, maybe.

This season is wrecked, but if they come out on fire next season, they could rally for Beijing.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Eh, jumps weren't the problem today. Vladimir lost a position on the spin and then stumbled on the steps, but the rest was still good enough. The problem is that they've done something wrong in every competition. I think it's less about their preparation and more about their mindset. Something's not working.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Congrats to all three pairs today, though with "!" for T/M. Two smaller mistakes, but in such competition even this can be costly. I hope they will finally deliver clean skate tomorrow to prove they are russian No. 1.

Admiration for B/K, Dima's fall during warm-up was quite scary (though the most scary thing was Sasha's worried face in that moment). But during competition it was like nothing has happened. Such a young pair aspiring for the world's top, they are big hope for medals in worlds and olympics.

S/N - for a very first competition ever together it was very good, with just one bigger mistake, and Ksenia is a true lady.

s_parks

Record Breaker

B/K - 76 to 80

lol just stop
I thought B/K's sp score was a bit high, but that's a skating at home thing. I'm very sorry M/G have a fan like you, if in fact you are a fan and not a troll.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
When they say "having such friends, you don't need any enemies" it is about such a "true" fan like starla16 of MG.

starla16

Medalist
lol just stop
I thought B/K's sp score was a bit high, but that's a skating at home thing. I'm very sorry M/G have a fan like you, if in fact you are a fan and not a troll.

why ? If B/K could get 80 here M/G can get 76 in NHK if they skate their potential
they got 75 in Finlandia and 73 in their GP debut

LadyB

Record Breaker
Congrats to all three pairs today, though with "!" for T/M. Two smaller mistakes, but in such competition even this can be costly. I hope they will finally deliver clean skate tomorrow to prove they are russian No. 1.

Admiration for B/K, Dima's fall during warm-up was quite scary (though the most scary thing was Sasha's worried face in that moment). But during competition it was like nothing has happened. Such a young pair aspiring for the world's top, they are big hope for medals in worlds and olympics.

S/N - for a very first competition ever together it was very good, with just one bigger mistake, and Ksenia is a true lady.

Totally, I was there and only saw her face on the cube, which frightened me and the crowd very much!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I enjoyed this evening of pair skating, although (please don't call me a troll or something), I really felt Hasse and Seegert should have been third, not Stolbova and Novoselov. Don't get me wrong, I thought the queen and her new prince did an excellent job at their first real international competition. But third? Sorry guys. I'm pleased for them of course (what a way to restart your international career), and I loved watching them. But the chemistry, the oneness, is not there yet. It will come (we saw it happening with Aljona and Bruno after all...always the ones to compare with), but not yet. Oh, and I am perfectly aware that Hasse and Seegert probably won't maintain this in the Long, and who knows where Ksenia and Andrei will go tomorrow. But for today...not mentioning the wonderful Alexandra and Dmitrii who got a well-deserved first place. What a skate! And that after this nasty fall in the warm up.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I enjoyed this evening of pair skating, although (please don't call me a troll or something), I really felt Hasse and Seegert should have been third, not Stolbova and Novoselov. Don't get me wrong, I thought the queen and her new prince did an excellent job at their first real international competition. But third? Sorry guys. I'm pleased for them of course (what a way to restart your international career), and I loved watching them. But the chemistry, the oneness, is not there yet. It will come (we saw it happening with Aljona and Bruno after all...always the ones to compare with), but not yet. Oh, and I am perfectly aware that Hasse and Seegert probably won't maintain this in the Long, and who knows where Ksenia and Andrei will go tomorrow. But for today...not mentioning the wonderful Alexandra and Dmitrii who got a well-deserved first place. What a skate! And that after this nasty fall in the warm up.

You are not alone ... When the german pair were skating .. I thought the same .. they skate a very good SP

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Maybe i'm alone with this but i've always thought since last season Boikova / Kozlovskii had everything to become the top russian one pair one day.

I've nothing against the new SB they got because every single element they showed in this short has something unique and innovative: the spread eagle into the sbs 3s, difficult entries into the throw 3 lutz (which was massive) and the death spiral, the arm above in the 3 twist, and the quality of all these elements was very good too, the performance was there and the crowd responded loudly.

I really like this SP.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I do think B/K were a little under marked at Skate Canada where they scored 76.45. Taking that into consideration that would probably make the home ice inflation around 2.5-3 points which I don't think is outrageous or unreasonable. Still I was honestly surprised at how high they scored considering they skated before T/M. I mean how high were they willing to go for T/M if they had skated clean? I don't know what the WR is but they likely would have been very close to it. Perhaps the score isn't just a reward to B/K for how well they did in Canada and the second half of last season but also a challenge from the federation to T/M.

As for T/M, I know they have always been a bit fragile mentally but the mistakes they've been making lately are puzzling. It doesn't just look like a simple case of nerves like in the past but almost like multiple lapses of concentration. They shouldn't be making those type of mistakes. The fire and determination just isn't showing for some reason. Still they are only 3.33 behind so its still pretty much theirs to take.

Lovechihuahua

Match Penalty
LOL at all the comments said B/K overscored here.
They were severely underscored at Skate Canada, 80+ is a well deserved score they should've get long time ago.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
LOL at all the comments said B/K overscored here.
They were severely underscored at Skate Canada, 80+ is a well deserved score they should've get long time ago.

:) I’m so surprised they deliver flawless performances one after another with so much ease, their short is my favorite sp of the season for pairs.
And as Flanker said before, Kozlovskyi looks like his own older brother this year, B/K are looking so confident and strong this season.

madforskating

On the Ice
B/K were excellent here! I was surprised by the 80, but not displeased.
T/M’s SP was fairly clean; if they can skate it without the small mistakes, they’ll be right up there hovering just below the 80 mark imo.
I really loved Stolbova/Novoselov even though it wasn’t perfect. I’m eager to see them develop this year.