2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Such a pity about M/G's program, I think it was probably the team that competed the worst this time. On the other hand, good to see T/M doing a clean program. It's been a while.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm happy for T/M ... I think most of teams skate very well .. it's a pity for M/G but today it was one of that days that everything goes wrong

LadyB

Record Breaker
That was a wonderful competition, just absolutely world class. I’m so happy for T/M they found their old spirit again. They’re not done yet and still deserve to be number one. Like I said, I love them all and I think I could watch B/K all day long...and P/K.
I felt genuinely sad for M/G and hope they come back from it tomorrow. I also believe that Je suis malade is not their thing. Party like a Russian was perfect.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Great pairs competition. The podium is right, M/G lost the podium on the short. T/M still had a dubious moment, and B/K were amazing both days, and deserved the win. P/K got a chance to go to Euros with this competition.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm thrilled for Aleksandra and Dmitrii! I just love them, they're my favorite Russian pair :luv17: They were flawless today and this win was completely deserved. After such disappointment at the GPF, I could not be happier for them!

It was also great to see Kostiukovich & Ialin again. They were my favorite junior pair last year and I really missed them on the JGP circuit this year. So glad they had 2 great performances!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Best pairs competition for a long time! Well done to one and all!!!! Love them all, just a bit sad for Nastya and Sasha, but hey,four fantastic pairs - one has to come last unfortunately.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Great competition in pairs!!! Since I love or almost all pairs ... I'm happy that was a clean competition ... I'm hapy for boikova anda Dima... for T/M are in the right track... That someone can do a program with tron and skate that beautifull ... For the comeback of M/G in the FS ...P/P was a nice surprise ...

I was a little bit sad for effiomova and korovin... They got good music choice it's a pitty there free skate but ther e SP was better ..
And without mistakes apollinaria would have had a better result ...

So euros probably will be for the 3 first teams...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Omg, amazing! Wow, I loved Pepelova/Pleshkov in this competition, they really had great two skates. And the three absolutely wonderful pairs won, sooo happy for B/K winning the title! Just enjoyed the whole event so much.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Perfect competition without the bonus of fanwars like ladies. Congrats to the winners, B/K had a redemption for the GPF. I'm sad a little for T/M, who too often make those small mistakes here and there, where they lose some 2-3 points they would need for assured victory. Still otherwise great performance by them. Third goes to P/K, I wish them great performance at international level. More sad for M/G who truly were absolutely amazing in their free program and it was obvious they made everything they could. Esp. Nastya was so determined to redeem her mistakes from the SP. Their score was huge and considering how much they were losing before their skate, the final result is truly close. But this is a hell great first senior season for them.

Now I hope russian pairs will show themselves internationally in the best light.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Great event. The depth in the discipline is just so fantastic. Felt a bit sorry for M/G who had a great skate (even though they can't move me) but were too far behind from the SP, but at least they can be satisfied with their Free. Happy for P/K who fought (and had quite a good performance if with some 'hangings on' ) and got their medal. Also happy for T/M who had a wonderful SP, and the best FS I've seen from them this season, and such beautiful programmes. A silver is none too shabby! And my favourites won! So pleased for them, and it was deserved. Good redemption from that disappointing GPF FS!

Apart from the top 4 there were quite a few other skaters that were pretty interesting. Some of whom I had not seen before, although I did know the JGP entrants. And having Ted there to comment, was pretty good too.

slider11

Medalist
B/K did skate clean and have wonderful technical content. Although their "James Bond" artistry is improving I still don't see them in the same artistic class as T/M. Imo, T/M deserved more than a 1 point advantage in the components. It seems these judges fell into that old rut of giving high component marks to match B/K because of their strong technical content. I think B/K's components should have been very good but not superior. B/K are definitely a team on the rise and deserve lots of attention. I just wish judges would make the distinction of the refinement of a T/M and reward them accordingly.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
After seeing the standings/scores I had assumed B/K were flawless and that T/M must have been a little messy here and there but didn't make any major mistakes but watching the performances I'm actually shocked they didn't give T/M the win. I absolutely LOVE B/K and am super thrilled they won their first national title (and also put that horrible GPF behind them!) but they do have a lot of work to do before they reach T/M's level.

T/M only made one mistake in two programs and it didn't disrupt the flow of the program at all, you could have blinked and missed it. I think they could have given T/M the win and could easily justify it in face of any "wuzrobbing" or claims of backstage politics. B/K's performance at the GPF would have also given them extra justification to stick to and solidify the hierarchy. But perhaps the Russian fed. loved seeing two Russian teams on last years world podium so much that they are trying to make it happen again and for that to happen they had to send a message internationally that the baby team is ready now. T/M don't need extra help to make the world podium but the younger teams still do need a little push and this was their way of doing it. It also means that for B/K the GPF is forgiven and forgotten.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
B/K did skate clean and have wonderful technical content. Although their "James Bond" artistry is improving I still don't see them in the same artistic class as T/M. Imo, T/M deserved more than a 1 point advantage in the components. It seems these judges fell into that old rut of giving high component marks to match B/K because of their strong technical content. I think B/K's components should have been very good but not superior. B/K are definitely a team on the rise and deserve lots of attention. I just wish judges would make the distinction of the refinement of a T/M and reward them accordingly.

This. B/K still have work to do to reach T/M’s level of refinement and polish. The gap in PCS should have been more than what it was today. It was more of B/K being overscored in PCS than T/M undermarked, but the net result is that what T/M did was undervalued in how things turned out overall.

Albus

Match Penalty
Well, this is a great placement after the short. Both B/K and P/H are stronger than T/M especially now, when they are training with God knows who on the edge of the world. I wish P/H to get the proper second mark in the free and finally overtake T/M. And M/G or K/ï to get the 3rd spot to the WC.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Totally vowed by B/K's performance last night. I'll never tire to watch them. P/K made sure they are there for a reason. Well done.
I feel a bit sad for T/M. They started of so glorious and one mishap throws a spanner in the works. It's like a cloud hanging over them. Looking forward to that trio's battle on Friday. Best of luck to all of them!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Well, this is a great placement after the short. Both B/K and P/H are stronger than T/M especially now, when they are training with God knows who on the edge of the world. I wish P/H to get the proper second mark in the free and finally overtake T/M. And M/G or K/ï to get the 3rd spot to the WC.

Marina Zoueva is definitely not "god knows who" :laugh: