2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 117 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Sooooo, after watching the jgp, which junior ladies skater is most likely to win it all at junior nationals? Just something fun to think about.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Sooooo, after watching the jgp, which junior ladies skater is most likely to win it all at junior nationals? Just something fun to think about.
it depends on who skating at senior nats instead of junior. Last year Izzo won, i guess she will want to skate at senior nats?

mrrice

Record Breaker
it depends on who skating at senior nats instead of junior. Last year Izzo won, i guess she will want to skate at senior nats?

Is alysa still too young for senior worlds? If so, I think our best bet is to send Bradie and Mariah back to worlds.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Let's hope Bradie can make an impression at Skate America. The field is so deep and if she can jump her way onto the podium, it would be huge!!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Let's hope Bradie can make an impression at Skate America. The field is so deep and if she can jump her way onto the podium, it would be huge!!

It's not unrealistic at all that she has a chance. Anna and Liza will be up there if they go clean, Bradie has as much chance of bronze as anyone there, or more if there are mistakes from Anna/Liza (and Bradie is clean).

Elana

On the Ice
Does anyone know if there is a place to see which skaters got a bye to sectionals from the NQS and don't have to skate at the singles challenge?

concorde

Medalist
Er... Isabeau. Sorry but she’s just way above the other ladies.
Do we know if she is committed to be a Junior or Novice in Sectionals? She skated both over the summer.

I assume my question is moot since I expect that if she skates Novice at Sectionals, she will be in the top 2 which gives her a spot on junior Nationals.

concorde

Medalist
Does anyone know if there is a place to see which skaters got a bye to sectionals from the NQS and don't have to skate at the singles challenge?
If you have a skater in the Series, you can see the placements.
But from there it get tricky since many top skaters competed in the seies as both a Junior and Novice.

Ykai

On the Ice
Do we know if she is committed to be a Junior or Novice in Sectionals? She skated both over the summer.

I assume my question is moot since I expect that if she skates Novice at Sectionals, she will be in the top 2 which gives her a spot on junior Nationals.

I read somewhere that she will skate junior, but I could be wrong.

Elana

On the Ice

After nationals last year she said she would skate junior. But I think after seeing how the new qualifying system works she will skate novice. She was novice at the novice/junior challenge last month and dominated. I assume her team thinks it would be smartest to place top 2 at sectionals in novice as an easier path to nationals where she can still skate as a junior.

frida80

Record Breaker

Doesn’t matter. If she scores in the top 2 in sectionals, she’ll compete as a junior at Nationals. I’d rather she’d go to juniors, but that’s up to her.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I guess I'll be the first. Good SPs for the American ladies. Bradie in first with a nice score of 75+.. If she's able to skate her FS without big mistakes, she may be able to keep first place. She's really grown her personality on the ice, it's nice to see. Her stiffness isn't as well masked as it is in her FS, but it was still a pleasant SP to watch.

Karen has been practicing 3Lz2T all week, with only a few unsuccessful 3Lz3Ts... wonder what's going on there. Regardless, a great start to the GP for her after not competing last year. 66+ but a bit underscored IMO. There's no reason why she shouldn't be getting some of the highest PCS along with the top Japanese ladies. Nice save on the Lutz and beautiful added 2T, amazing 2a, nice 3Lo, incredible spins and great skating skills and musicality as always. It'd be nice if she could have a nice FS, too. I don't want to hope for too much since she's very obviously sick, but we'll see!

Amber was a bit underscored as well, but probably the right placement. It's a nice program for her and it's great to see her becoming more consistent, even if it's coming slowly. I was surprised to see she's only 19. Maybe this will be a season where she really grows.

frida80

Record Breaker
I think she is good but her speed is absolutely awful. Everything about her skating is good except the speed and ice coverage

If doesn’t matter. No other skater can match her consistency or difficulty. They are shockingly inconsistent with lots of jump issues. She’s most likely going to win just based on that.

medoroa

On the Ice
Her stiffness isn't as well masked as it is in her FS, but it was still a pleasant SP to watch.

I don't think it's that the SP doesn't hide it. It's that the SP has a different style than the FS. I'm noticing it's a style that's hit or miss with people but I really enjoyed it, it was off-kilter and stood out from the crowd while being flirty and fun. The top three ladies all had unique SPs with each their own styles, which was great to see!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I don't think it's that the SP doesn't hide it. It's that the SP has a different style than the FS. I'm noticing it's a style that's hit or miss with people but I really enjoyed it, it was off-kilter and stood out from the crowd while being flirty and fun. The top three ladies all had unique SPs with each their own styles, which was great to see!

I really liked Bradie's SP too, and that she's doing something different. She sold it with style I think.
Same with Kaori and Wakaba, loved all the top 3 for different reasons.
It's boring when everyone seems to be skating to the same music/musical style and with generic programs. I like to see something different and when a skater's personality shines through.